PDA

View Full Version : Hidden agenda suspected in McNabb's brass barbs

Gunzlingr
05-05-2003, 08:39 AM
DONOVAN McNABB has very curious timing. I'm not referring to his on-the-field timing, where hitting receivers in stride still continues to be a crapshoot for him.

I'm referring to his interview-room timing last Friday when he picked the first day of the club's postdraft minicamp to level his first-ever criticism of team management. I couldn't fill a single Post-it note with the number of pertinent things

McNabb has said to the media since the Eagles selected him with the second overall pick in the 1999 draft. His soup commercials have more substance than his interviews. He long ago mastered the art of talking
without saying anything.

So, there he was Friday afternoon, just 4 days after the Eagles re-signed safety Brian Dawkins to a 7-year, $43 million contract extension, and less than a week after the Eagles' bold draft-day tradeup to get University of

Miami defensive end Jerome McDougle, ripping the organization for allowing several veteran players, including defensive end Hugh Douglas, linebacker Shawn Barber, return man Brian Mitchell and punter Sean Landeta, to leave during the offseason.

He called their departures "tough to swallow." Said the loss of those players "takes a toll."

MORE (http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/5787827.htm)