PDA

View Full Version : Ellison injured, Scott playing OLB?

OpIv37
11-26-2008, 06:53 PM
That's what WGR just said during the Sabres intermission. Anyone else hear it to confirm?

With DiGiorgio out, this team has ZERO depth at LB. And because we keep guys like Corto and Costanzo for their S/T prowess (or their predecessors, Stamer and Haggan), it holds us back. If Scott plays OLB, that means Wilson or Simpson will have to play S and we'll be weak at TWO positions because of ONE injury.

Great.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2008, 07:41 PM
That's what WGR just said during the Sabres intermission. Anyone else hear it to confirm?

With DiGiorgio out, this team has ZERO depth at LB. And because we keep guys like Corto and Costanzo for their S/T prowess (or their predecessors, Stamer and Haggan), it holds us back. If Scott plays OLB, that means Wilson or Simpson will have to play S and we'll be weak at TWO positions because of ONE injury.

Great.

Season over.

OpIv37
11-26-2008, 07:48 PM
d'oh, I f'd up the title. It was supposed to say "Scott playing OLB".

And Skoob, the season was over after the Cleveland loss.

gr8slayer
11-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow, things just made a turn for the worse.

Nighthawk
11-26-2008, 08:35 PM

Great.

Yep, I've said this for years...we hurt our depth by keeping players who can't actually play the game! Stupid management from both the general manager position and the coaching position keep killing this team. What's new?!?!

Mitchell55
11-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Season over.

Sarcasm?

Nighthawk
11-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Sarcasm?

No, he's just confused that the season has been over for a few weeks already.

OpIv37
11-26-2008, 08:49 PM
The only good thing about this is that we'd at least have one LB who could cover in the passing game.

gr8slayer
11-26-2008, 08:53 PM
The only good thing about this is that we'd at least have one LB who could cover in the passing game.
:lol:

Tatonka
11-26-2008, 09:00 PM
why wouldnt they put Lehman there?

gr8slayer
11-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Perhaps he's not ready yet? I was kind of wondering the same thing but that's the only thing that makes any sense unless he got injured.

Mitchell55
11-26-2008, 10:13 PM
No, he's just confused that the season has been over for a few weeks already.

Yeah, a few weeks when we were 5-1? How about now when we are in the top of the wild card hunt and will most likely be 7-5 after this week.

OpIv37
11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah, a few weeks when we were 5-1? How about now when we are in the top of the wild card hunt and will most likely be 7-5 after this week.

you really have comprehension problems, don't you?

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf

We're 9th in the AFC. We have to be in the top 6 or better to get a wild card. That means the 5, 6, 7, and 8 teams are ahead of us for the wild card. How do you figure we're at the TOP of the wild card race?

In reality, we're barely hanging on by a thread. One more conference or division loss and we're out.

Top of the wild card? Please.

gr8slayer
11-26-2008, 10:31 PM

We're 9th in the AFC. We have to be in the top 6 or better to get a wild card. That means the 5, 6, 7, and 8 teams are ahead of us for the wild card. How do you figure we're at the TOP of the wild card race?

In reality, we're barely hanging on by a thread. One more conference or division loss and we're out.

John Madden football has clouded this kids mind.

The last buffalo fan
11-26-2008, 10:34 PM

No? :huh:

Mitchy moo
11-26-2008, 10:43 PM
d'oh, I f'd up the title. It was supposed to say "Scott playing OLB".

And Skoob, the season was over after the Cleveland loss.

Alot of people quit before things are over, that's why we have losers and winners. Losers quit, winners play until they lose and try again until they win.

That being said, the moment the math says we are out I'll admit it. 5 weeks to go and the Bills have 3 games left against their own division with all those teams ahead of us, it's game on man.

Nothing personal but I would plan on a long, trying life with nothing ever to gain. Just remember it's always easier to fail and wait for that result.

raphael120
11-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah it's pretty sad when Corto and Costanzo are playing the LB position and are getting beat out by a mediocre safety.

This whole Crowell thing doesn't look so smart after all now does it. We keep Schobel, Fine, and Jim Joe Bob on the roster when they're out for 5+ weeks but IR Crowell when he wouldve only missed 4 weeks, if that.

gr8slayer
11-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah it's pretty sad when Corto and Costanzo are playing the LB position and are getting beat out by a mediocre safety.

This whole Crowell thing doesn't look so smart after all now does it. We keep Schobel, Fine, and Jim Joe Bob on the roster when they're out for 5+ weeks but IR Crowell when he wouldve only missed 4 weeks, if that.
There's no doubt that the Crowell thing was stupid from day one. It's even dumber that they are going to just let him walk after the season when he's been the most consistent player on the team since he became starter.

raphael120
11-26-2008, 10:59 PM
There's no doubt that the Crowell thing was stupid from day one. It's even dumber that they are going to just let him walk after the season when he's been the most consistent player on the team since he became starter.

I dont care what stupid thing he did or did not do. Fact of the matter is we had to deal with Ellison "Grab and Whiff" for too long. Now he's hurt and we have to go to an even LESSER talent than him

OpIv37
11-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Alot of people quit before things are over, that's why we have losers and winners. Losers quit, winners play until they lose and try again until they win.

That being said, the moment the math says we are out I'll admit it. 5 weeks to go and the Bills have 3 games left against their own division with all those teams ahead of us, it's game on man.

Nothing personal but I would plan on a long, trying life with nothing ever to gain. Just remember it's always easier to fail and wait for that result.

what the hell are you talking about?

gr8slayer
11-27-2008, 12:32 AM
what the hell are you talking about?
I was wondering the same thing :idunno:

jamze132
11-27-2008, 12:51 AM
For everyone out there that is wondering why we don't have any reliable backups at the LB position, this is for you...

Would you rather have a playoff team with backups who know how to play defensive football or would you rather have the #1 Special Teams unit in the NFL? It's obvious what Buffalo thinks.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Yeah undersized LB that can cover kicks and punts is what this team is going for im not big on ellison but scott can't play lb and he'll show us that this sunday sing coy wire ummmm k

yordad
11-27-2008, 09:08 AM
why wouldnt they put Lehman there?He got dinged vs the Chiefs.

yordad
11-27-2008, 09:09 AM
For everyone out there that is wondering why we don't have any reliable backups at the LB position, this is for you...

Would you rather have a playoff team with backups who know how to play defensive football or would you rather have the #1 Special Teams unit in the NFL? It's obvious what Buffalo thinks.How about the fact their aren't any backups who know how to play defense available. I mean, can anyone say they had someone in camp for LB that they would rather have right now (who isn't on IR)?

mybills
11-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't see a problem with Wilson playing Safety. He's not terrible.

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I hope Lehman can go, because I have a feeling he'll steal the job from Ellison.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Lehman is also injured.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't see a problem with Wilson playing Safety. He's not terrible.
Wilson is not very good.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Bills linebacker Keith Ellison returned to practice Thursday, a day after the starter was held out because of a sore ankle, and is likely to play Sunday when Buffalo hosts San Francisco.

Owen DeBoard
11-28-2008, 06:50 AM
I dont care what stupid thing he did or did not do. Fact of the matter is we had to deal with Ellison "Grab and Whiff" for too long. Now he's hurt and we have to go to an even LESSER talent than him
I didnt know there was such a thing.

madness
11-28-2008, 08:45 AM

Great.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=165907