PDA

View Full Version : Why the Hell is Kris Jenkins a MVP canidate but not Stroud

Mitchell55
11-27-2008, 03:05 PM
They both get alot of pressures, Stroud has 2.5 sacks and 32 tackles while Kris Jenkins has 35 tackles and 3.5 sacks. They are both almost exactly alike in everything. The only difference is that the Jets are a very well known team and Buffalo is a unknown team to alot of people. This is very unfair to Stroud.

gr8slayer
11-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Have you actually watched Jenkins play this year? Stroud has been okay, Jenkins has been a flat out beast. Football is a lot more than statistics, I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp but it's a fact.

OpIv37
11-27-2008, 03:18 PM
They both get alot of pressures, Stroud has 2.5 sacks and 32 tackles while Kris Jenkins has 35 tackles and 3.5 sacks. They are both almost exactly alike in everything. The only difference is that the Jets are a very well known team and Buffalo is a unknown team to alot of people. This is very unfair to Stroud.

the only difference is that Jenkins gets a LOT more pressure than Stroud. Did you at least watch the Bills/Jets game? How many times was Jenkins in our backfield vs the number of times Stroud was in theirs?

Jenkins has thoroughly outplayed Stroud in every possible way. As gr8 said, stats are only part of the story. That's especially true for DT and OL.

gr8slayer
11-27-2008, 03:20 PM
the only difference is that Jenkins gets a LOT more pressure than Stroud. Did you at least watch the Bills/Jets game? How many times was Jenkins in our backfield vs the number of times Stroud was in theirs?

Jenkins has thoroughly outplayed Stroud in every possible way. As gr8 said, stats are only part of the story. That's especially true for DT and OL.
Also consider that Jenkins is getting that pressure out of a freaking 3-4 where the Nose's job is to basically take up blockers, he's not only taking up blockers, but he's destroying plays.

Mitchell55
11-27-2008, 03:30 PM

Did you watch the Cleveland game and the Chiefs game. Stroud was in the backfield about 10 times in each. Jenkins also only has 1 PD this year while Stroud has 7.

Philagape
11-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Here's the thing about making an argument based on stats:
Someone could not watch a single minute and say the exact same thing.

Mitchell55
11-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Here's the thing about making an argument based on stats:
Someone could not watch a single minute and say the exact same thing.

Well even when you do watch Stroud you see he is just as much of a force as Jenkins

Pinkerton Security
11-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Well even when you do watch Stroud you see he is just as much of a force as the Jets.

if by Jets you mean Jenkins, then I seriously doubt you watch the games. Jenkins dominates. Stroud plays well. There is a huge difference.

And this is coming from a pretty homer-ish guy. Stroud has been real solid. Just not anywhere near where Jenkins has been.

gr8slayer
11-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Neither of them have been playing on the same level as Haynesworth.

Mitchell55
11-27-2008, 04:54 PM
if by Jets you mean Jenkins, then I seriously doubt you watch the games. Jenkins dominates. Stroud plays well. There is a huge difference.

And this is coming from a pretty homer-ish guy. Stroud has been real solid. Just not anywhere near where Jenkins has been.

Yeah it was a typo. Well at least Stroud should be in the probowl.

gr8slayer
11-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah it was a typo. Well at least Stroud should be in the probowl.
No, he shouldn't. If there are three allowed in it's Jenkins, Haynesworth, and Shaun Rogers.

Pinkerton Security
11-27-2008, 05:45 PM
No, he shouldn't. If there are three allowed in it's Jenkins, Haynesworth, and Shaun Rogers.

eh, id dare say the browns run D has been worse than ours. nothing to back that up though.

gr8slayer
11-27-2008, 05:49 PM
eh, id dare say the browns run D has been worse than ours. nothing to back that up though.
Neither is anything to brag about, but Rogers has been dominating the middle of the line much like Jenkins has. He just has no talent around him.

Mitchell55
11-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Rodgers. He wasnt even able to do anything to buffalo.

gr8slayer
11-27-2008, 05:54 PM
And Stroud hasn't been able to do anything in half the games he's played in, what's your point? He has not played as well as you keep trying to convince everyone he's played.

Philagape
11-27-2008, 09:00 PM

Except make five tackles, including one for a loss, and cause an interception with a tip. Pretty good for a NT.

billogic99
11-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Did you watch the Cleveland game and the Chiefs game. Stroud was in the backfield about 10 times in each. Jenkins also only has 1 PD this year while Stroud has 7.

You're also talking about Cleveland and KC, they both suck badly. Their players aren't playing for anything.

billogic99
11-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Neither of them have been playing on the same level as Haynesworth.

I disagree, I think Jenkins is a total monster. He can't be contained, he over powers people at will. Because of him the Jets beat the best team in the AFC with ease.

BILLSROCK1212
11-27-2008, 10:21 PM
another silly thread started by a 15 year old........

tat2dmike77
11-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Why did i open this thread????

SeatownBillsFan21
11-28-2008, 02:03 AM
1 plays in Buffalo and 1 plays in NYC

CuseJetsFan83
11-28-2008, 05:45 AM
also, just like stated earlier, he may not have the super stats of other players...... he has been an absolute nightmare for offenses he has played against, as well as the fact he has almost single-handedly turned the jets from a lower tier rush d, to a top 5 rush d

patmoran2006
11-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Cleve and KC games? LOL

Did you watch the Jets vs Bills game?? Enough said.

gr8slayer
11-28-2008, 09:51 AM
also, just like stated earlier, he may not have the super stats of other players...... he has been an absolute nightmare for offenses he has played against, as well as the fact he has almost single-handedly turned the jets from a lower tier rush d, to a top 5 rush dyou don't even have to try and convince me who the better player is. I still think Ware is the DMVP to this pint though with Jenkins a close #2, followed by Porter.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Easy answer, the Jets are 8-3 and a major reason besides Favre is Kris Jenkins.

Shaun Rogers is having a dominant season, but the team sucks. So he doesn't matter.

Buffalo is mediocre, so Stroud doesn't matter.

Hard to be an MVP if your team isn't going anywhere.

The Jokeman
11-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Also I'm pretty sure the Jets defense out ranks the Bills in most defensive statistics.

CuseJetsFan83
11-28-2008, 04:38 PM
you don't even have to try and convince me who the better player is. I still think Ware is the DMVP to this pint though with Jenkins a close #2, followed by Porter.

i've always liked ware, minus thefact he plays for the cowpokes, but i do wish him the best, except for the every 4 years the jets play them.

Owen DeBoard
11-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Jenkins has always been considered 1 of the best DTs in the game since bein drafted by Carolina. That defensive line was the best in football. He has been hampered by injuries the last two years before this year and that is why Carolina let him walk. If the guy is healthy he is the best in the game and he has been healthy this year.

Nighthawk
11-29-2008, 08:15 AM

I'm sorry, I've watched Rogers all year and no way he deserves to be in the Pro Bowl. I'm not saying Stroud should be there either, Rogers hasn't done much to garner Pro Bowl consideration.

DrGraves
11-29-2008, 09:21 PM
stupid thread number 1000!!!! congrats!!!