PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen... I have officially...

BillsWin
11-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Converted my best bud to becoming a Bills fan.

It all started at the MNF game...

I invited him over to the MNF party at my house, and hes not a big NFL fan. (hes more into college sports, like most are in the mid west.) And I told him you don't want to be a Dallas fan, because theyve won it before. so you have nothing to strive for at least not a first timer. I told him about the ups and downs of the Bills franchise, I mentioned some current players and past players.

Then the game came on. and he was just as emotional and angry, and happy at parts as I was. he would yell at the refs like I would, and he was about ready to cry when we missed the field goal.

on his way out the door he said...

"Now I understand why you take off from work on sundays. Why you are always looking up Bills articles and are completely obsessed. I think Im gunna be a bills fan now."

sure enough, last sunday I called him when I got off from the hockey game ( I almost never miss a Bills game, but I had a rare sunday broadcast.) I asked what he was doing, and the first thing he said was,

"DID YOU SEE THAT!? THE BILLS CRUSHED THE CHIEFS MAN! 54 POINTS! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!??? It was awesome dude! you shouldve been watching it! we are goin to the bar next weekend right? should be another blowout! 54 points!? are you kidding me!?"

hahaha

so sure enough me and him will make our way to the bar every weekend from now on to watch the Bills. and it freakin rocks. The guy is going to be the best man at my wedding when I get married, and now he follows the same team as me.

now I need to find me a girl who likes the Bills... O.o

OH! CGAL!!!!

haha ;)

clumping platelets
11-28-2008, 05:45 AM
:cgal:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-28-2008, 05:59 AM
you have offically condemned another man to years of hell

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2008, 06:42 AM
If I was your buddy, I'd punch you in the ear for this.

Mitchy moo
11-28-2008, 06:45 AM
I'd punch you in the ear for this.

Until it bleeds.

Jan Reimers
11-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Oh, the years of heartbreak and disappointment you've imposed on this poor guy. But then again, misery loves company.

Cntrygal
11-28-2008, 09:26 AM
:couch:

BillsWin
11-28-2008, 11:01 AM
:couch:

haha!

BillsWin
11-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Oh, the years of heartbreak and disappointment you've imposed on this poor guy. But then again, misery loves company.
he'll get over it.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I wish I could kick my own ass for being a Bills fans some Sundays.

billsfanone
11-28-2008, 02:00 PM
I feel sorry for your friend.

yordad
11-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I thought you said he was your friend.

billsfanone
11-28-2008, 02:10 PM
With friends like you, who needs enemies?

im4bflo
11-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Congratulations on adding another 12th Man to the herd, coming from
a fan who doesn't dwell on the negative very long, and have another
great time at the bar, GO BILLS!

Jersey1031
11-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm currently working on the same thing with my best friend. shes a BIG time patsies fan. and by the way, it is soo attractive when a girl can spit legit football, but anyway; she knows very well of the grief associated with buffalo bills football through me. She was with me at the bar for the Monday night game, and she was getting so into it; cheering, yelling, and venting. I was so proud! She even said as we were driving at the end for the win, 'Don't worry we've got this.' As the game was going on, she began taking a liking to a bunch of players. Her list is getting pretty extensive now on both sides of the ball. Funny enough, she was texting me during the whole chiefs game last weekend to see how her favorite bills were doing.

Shes actually even coming to the bills, patsies game with me at the end of the season. I'm so pumped for my first game at the ralph!

JD
11-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Did you tell them the Chiefs were 1-9?

streetkings01
11-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I kinda wish I could've been converted into a Giants fan sometimes! :(