PDA

View Full Version : My offseason Plan

Mitchell55
11-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Resign Jackson, Parrish, Greer, Chambers

Sign Julius Peppers, Mike Peterson, Kyle Boller

Release Royal, McCargo, Ko,

Let JP, Hamdan, Jenkins, Chambers, Preston, Bryan, Niel, Ellison, Harrison, Wilson, Denney walk

Draft

1st. Pettigrew TE
2nd. Herman Johnson C/G
Forfet 3rd and 2nd to trade up and get B.J. Raji DT
4th. CJ Spillman FS
5th. Anthony Felder LB
6th. Brennen Sutherland FB
7th. George Bussey T

So this is how we look

QB- Trent, Boller
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Oman
FB- Sutherland
WR- Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Johnson
TE- Pettigrew, Fine, Schouman
LT- Peters, Bell
LG- Doc, Whittle
C- Johnson, Fowler
RG- Butler, Chambers
RT- Walker, Bussey
LE- Peppers, Kelsay, Bryan
RE- Schobel, Ellis, Johnson
DT- Stroud, Williams, Raji, Johnson
LB- Peterson, Bowen
LB- Pos, Felder
LB- Mitchell, Lehman
CB- McGee, Greer, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner
SS- Whitner, Wendling
FS- Scott, Spillman
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SeatownBillsFan21
11-28-2008, 01:54 AM
i would b ok w/that

Crisis
11-28-2008, 03:06 AM
parrish is already extended

and this isn't madden

CuseJetsFan83
11-28-2008, 04:34 AM

Sign Julius Peppers, Mike Peterson, Kyle Boller

Release Royal, McCargo, Ko,

Let JP, Hamdan, Jenkins, Chambers, Preston, Bryan, Niel, Ellison, Harrison, Wilson, Denney walk

Draft

1st. Pettigrew TE
2nd. Herman Johnson C/G
Forfet 3rd and 2nd to trade up and get B.J. Raji DT
4th. CJ Spillman FS
5th. Anthony Felder LB
6th. Brennen Sutherland FB
7th. George Bussey T

So this is how we look

QB- Trent, Boller
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Oman
FB- Sutherland
WR- Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Johnson
TE- Pettigrew, Fine, Schouman
LT- Peters, Bell
LG- Doc, Whittle
C- Johnson, Fowler
RG- Butler, Chambers
RT- Walker, Bussey
LE- Peppers, Kelsay, Bryan
RE- Schobel, Ellis, Johnson
DT- Stroud, Williams, Raji, Johnson
LB- Peterson, Bowen
LB- Pos, Felder
LB- Mitchell, Lehman
CB- McGee, Greer, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner
SS- Whitner, Wendling
FS- Scott, Spillman
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

why don't ya wait til the season is over til you see whats available etc........ but as someone stated earlier..... this isn't madden, and you defintely won't get peterson here with the current administration because of his little blowup he had with del rio down in jax.

as far as peppers goes...... why would he go away from carolina whom is 7-4 and been to the playoffs quite a few times, been a defensive dynamo, to come up here?

yordad
11-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Well an off season that has the Bills upgrading C, DE, TE, FB, LB, depth and retaining our own Jackson and Greer? I'll take that all day.

Jan Reimers
11-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Well an off season play that has the Bills upgrading C, DE, TE, FB, LB, depth and retaining our own Jackson and Greer? I'll take that all day.
I like the concept of upgrading our critically weak positions, which the FO has mysteriously ignored for several years, even though they've done a good job at a number of other positions.

yordad
11-28-2008, 09:34 AM
and you defintely won't get peterson here with the current administration because of his little blowup he had with del rio down in jax.
What (http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/112708/jag_360339057.shtml)?

yordad
11-28-2008, 09:49 AM
But, isn't Peterson a MLB? We need a SLB, not a MLB. Unless you plan to move Poz or him over. :idunno:

TacklingDummy
11-28-2008, 10:43 AM

The Bills have 2 different Chambers?

Why would you want Boller? I'd rather draft someone.

DraftBoy
11-28-2008, 10:49 AM
In theory its great, but its unrealistic, your going to see both Greer and Jackson likely offered starting money elsewhere, and why would the Bills match either? McKelvin was drafted for a reason and we already have Lynch.

No way Peppers signs here, plus he takes way too many plays off. Peterson Id love but I dont see it either.

Your draft is subpar, Pettigrew is a not a 1st Round talent TE, only Gresham is. Herman Johnson doesnt play OC so I don't know where you pulled that OG/OC posistion from. He may have done it early at LSU or in HS, but he is not going to be playing OC in the NFL. Raji isn't a bad pickup, and probably your best so far but you make no indication about where you're getting him. Spillman and Felder are too high, and Bussey is too low. Sutherland is likely also too low and he is by far the best FB in this class.

Crisis
11-28-2008, 11:50 AM
jackson is an RFA i think

Mr. Pink
11-28-2008, 11:52 AM
So we're letting JP walk but signing his clone?

Brilliant!

I stopped there myself but judging by DB's reaction, the entire thing is garbage IMO

yordad
11-28-2008, 11:55 AM
So we're letting JP walk but signing his clone?

Brilliant!

I stopped there myself but judging by DB's reaction, the entire thing is garbage IMOSo... in your opinion, you have no opinion, your just pessimistically interpreting DBs and agreeing?

How is Orton a JP clone? Because their faces look similar? You just discredited dudes entire post because Orton's and JP's faces are similar.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2008, 12:01 PM
So... in your opinion, you have no opinion, your just pessimistically interpreting DBs and agreeing?

How is Orton a JP clone? Because their faces look similar? You just discredited dudes entire post because Orton's and JP's faces are similar.

No, their playing style is similar. Their mentality is similar. Their ideas that they can succeed in this league on athleticism alone is similar. Their poor ball security is similar. Their inability to read defenses is similar. Their big arms but weak accuracies are similar.
Their draft position is similar. Their scouting report are similar.

Actually similar is the wrong word...everything above is not only similar but IDENTICAL.

And DB is the second brightest draft guy on here...outside of moi. :rofl:

yordad
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
No, their playing style is similar. Their mentality is similar. Their ideas that they can succeed in this league on athleticism alone is similar. Their poor ball security is similar. Their inability to read defenses is similar. Their big arms but weak accuracies are similar.
Their draft position is similar. Their scouting report are similar.

Actually similar is the wrong word...everything above is not only similar but IDENTICAL.

And DB is the second brightest draft guy on here...outside of moi. :rofl:Well, I don't think those 2 QBs are anywhere near as similar as you think they are. And....

In theory its great.

DraftBoy
11-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Well, I don't think those 2 QBs are anywhere near as similar as you think they are. And....

Don't use my quote about theory and think its an endorsement.

DraftBoy
11-28-2008, 12:08 PM
And DB is the second brightest draft guy on here...outside of moi. :rofl:

Two words: Taylor Mays....nuff said!

Mr. Pink
11-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Two words: Taylor Mays....nuff said!

Five words: Tim Tebow in first round...nuff said!

DraftBoy
11-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Five words: Tim Tebow in first round...nuff said!

5 words...pfft! Amateur!

yordad
11-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Don't use my quote about theory and think its an endorsement.Well, if you had to rate that offseason, the good with the bad, what would you rate it. You did say "In theory its great". I interpreted that as "I would love to take the good with the bad on that, but I don't think it will happen".

So I guess to answer Mitchells's question, he would have to clarify the question. Is the question, "Would this be a good offseason if it happened?", or is the question, "Do you think this would/will/ or could happen?"

If you interpreted it the first way, it sounds like a ringing endorcement. But, if you interpreted it the other way, it sounds like you give it a thumbs down.

I looked at it both ways and gave it the "mixed feelings".

DraftBoy
11-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, if you had to rate that offseason, the good with the bad, what would you rate it. You did say "In theory its great". I interpreted that as "I would love to take the good with the bad on that, but I don't think it will happen".

So I guess to answer Mitchells's question, he would have to clarify the question. Is the question, "Would this be a good offseason if it happened?", or is the question, "Do you think this would/will/ or could happen?"

If you interpreted it the first way, it sounds like a ringing endorcement. But, if you interpreted it the other way, it sounds like you give it a thumbs down.

I looked at it both ways and gave it the "mixed feelings".

No thats my interpretation if I lived in Madden land, but I when you take reality into your perspective you see that his signings alone aren't really possible and his draft is just bad. I gave it mixed feelings as well, mainly for effort over all else. But I don't think its realistic and I think the draft is just bad.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Alright I actually looked at it...and as my mother said "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut." I, of course, never listened to this advice so here goes...

We sign Petersen. Great! He's a MLB. We're moving him outside? Why? Or do we plan on runnin a 3-4 and having Poz and Petersen in the middle? Poz would make more sense to be moved to SLB and leave Petersen where he belongs...in the middle.

The draft is a complete and utter mess. If our draft indeed went down that way, we'd get a D+ at best by any draft expert. Almost every pick is way too high, we're reaching all over the place, except for the FB. He won't be around in round 6 and the DT Raji, which actually is the only good and realistic pick. I don't know where we're getting him but I assume in either round 2 or 3. It's unclear.

I already hit the Boller thing..why not just sign Grossman? Again, same player.

We already have what 20 million in salary tied up in DE? Yet we're gonna sign an aging, past his prime, high priced DE to add to the mix? No way in hell are we wrapping up around 32 million at the position. Although we are releasing Denney in the example, so we're gonna be at what? 28 million for our overrated DEs? Super!

And with the roster example...we only have 49 PLAYERS!

Bad isn't the right word to describe this offseason...UTTER FAIL suits it better.

yordad
11-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Alright I actually looked at it...and as my mother said "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut." I, of course, never listened to this advice so here goes...

We sign Petersen. Great! He's a MLB. We're moving him outside? Why? Or do we plan on runnin a 3-4 and having Poz and Petersen in the middle? Poz would make more sense to be moved to SLB and leave Petersen where he belongs...in the middle.

The draft is a complete and utter mess. If our draft indeed went down that way, we'd get a D+ at best by any draft expert. Almost every pick is way too high, we're reaching all over the place, except for the FB. He won't be around in round 6 and the DT Raji, which actually is the only good and realistic pick. I don't know where we're getting him but I assume in either round 2 or 3. It's unclear.

I already hit the Boller thing..why not just sign Grossman? Again, same player.

We already have what 20 million in salary tied up in DE? Yet we're gonna sign an aging, past his prime, high priced DE to add to the mix? No way in hell are we wrapping up around 32 million at the position. Although we are releasing Denney in the example, so we're gonna be at what? 28 million for our overrated DEs? Super!

And with the roster example...we only have 49 PLAYERS!

Bad isn't the right word to describe this offseason...UTTER FAIL suits it better.You left one thing out..... we wouldn't have a long snapper, LOL. I like your post better when you add something other then jabs.

Mitchell55
11-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Heres a new one.

Resign- Crowell, Chambers, Preston, and Digi

FA pick ups- Suggs, either Batch or Ramsey (vets), Mike Brown S

Try to extend Jackson or Greer

Let- JP, Fowler, Niel, Bryan, Ellison, Harrison, and Wilson walk.

Release- Royal, Ko

Draft

1st- Jermaine Gresham TE- 6'6 monster of a TE which will defintley help us and could be a Boss Shockey if Fine comes around.
2nd- BJ Raji DT- Big DT who will help give Stroud support
3rd- Josh McNiel C- Will finally complete our line
4th- Tyrell Sutten RB- Will complement Lynch if Freddy leaves
5th- Brannon Sutherland FB- Power FB to help Lynch and Sutten
6th- Graham Harrell QB- If hes still there, he would be great to back up with Trent. I have Batch and Ramsey for the Veteran leadership. Harrell might stay on the PS untill Ramsey retires.
7th- Jamarko Simmons- WR- Could be like Steve Johnson

Highlight vids.

1st. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zjux3k9E68
2nd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAs7UtO5-S4
4th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjm9YbKr8Ko
6th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JMUs5_abxo

kernowboy
11-30-2008, 08:30 AM
It's pretty early to consider next season's roster but I would look at the team like this.

On the defence, we need to have more pressure from the ends. Ellis might come good but I'm disappointed he has not shown up after Schobel's injury. With McCargo seemingly on his way out, we need a NT to back up Williams. I would be amazed if Crowell was resigned so we need someone who can play SLB or WLB, depending what we do with Kavika Mitchell, whilst I am happy we have enough talent and depth in the secondary.

On the offence, the line has been poor. The immediate upgrade needs to be a center, but a guard with starting potential to push Dockery wouldn't go amiss. Our WRs are fine, TE could do with its annual upgrade, but I have been disappointed with Lynch though I think 2010 might be when we look here. With Losman on his way out, we at least need a backup to push Trent.

Whilst it is typical to want to sign some big name Free Agents I think any roster improvement should come through the draft. What has been disappointing with the Bills the last couple of years has been Day2 and I hope this won't be repeated. My draft would be

R1. Everette Brown R/LE Florida St
R2. Marcus Freeman LB Ohio St
R3. Dorell Scott DT Clemson
R4. A Q Shipley C Penn St
R5. Todd Brandstater QB Fresno St
R6. Dan Gronkowski TE Maryland
R7. Scott Burley T/G Maryland

FA is poor at our principal area of need and we might need to wait until 2010 to draft Dan's brother Rob from Arizona.

At center, Eric Heitmann might be worth a look

There are numerous names at QB but I am not sure they would be required.

I can see the roster being

QB Edwards, Brandstater
WR Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy
RB Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB Keasey, Schoumann
TE Royal, Gronkowski, Fine
LT Peters, Bell
LG Dockery
C Heitmann, Shipley
RG Butler, Burley
RT Walker, Chambers
K Liandell

RE Schobel, Ellis
NT Williams, Scott
DT Stroud, Johnson
LE Brown, Kelsay
SLB Freeman, Lehman
MLB Pozluzny, DiGiorgio
WLB Mitchell, Ellison
RCB Greer, McKelvin, Corner
LCB McGee, Youboty
FS Simpson, Wilson
SS Whitner, Scott, Wendling
P Moorman

with the rest of the roster filled with journeymen

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 08:35 AM
In theory its great, but its unrealistic, your going to see both Greer and Jackson likely offered starting money elsewhere, and why would the Bills match either? McKelvin was drafted for a reason and we already have Lynch.

No way Peppers signs here, plus he takes way too many plays off. Peterson Id love but I dont see it either.

Your draft is subpar, Pettigrew is a not a 1st Round talent TE, only Gresham is. Herman Johnson doesnt play OC so I don't know where you pulled that OG/OC posistion from. He may have done it early at LSU or in HS, but he is not going to be playing OC in the NFL. Raji isn't a bad pickup, and probably your best so far but you make no indication about where you're getting him. Spillman and Felder are too high, and Bussey is too low. Sutherland is likely also too low and he is by far the best FB in this class.

I agree with most of your points, but I highly doubt Jackson gets starter money from another team. Teams tend to draft RBs over paying the big bucks in FA.

DraftBoy
11-30-2008, 10:34 AM
I agree with most of your points, but I highly doubt Jackson gets starter money from another team. Teams tend to draft RBs over paying the big bucks in FA.

Jackson is a veteran back who produces when he's in. He can catch, run, and avoid big hits and he still has a lot of tred on his tires. He won't get paid like Turner did this off season but if I was a GM who needed a RB, Id bring him in to start.