I have a Jim Kelly Question about his playcalling of the K-Gun Offense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

I have a Jim Kelly Question about his playcalling of the K-Gun Offense.

Did he call all of the plays, including the running plays? Curious and just wanted to know the answer. Thanks!
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: I have a Jim Kelly Question about his playcalling of the K-Gun Offense.

Yep. I think so. Especially in the no huddle.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

It's my recollection that he did often, but not always. Absolutely when they ran the no-huddle, which was often. However, he did not call the plays once they reached the redzone.

Does anybody else remember it the same way?

Comment

• LarryBoy
        The world needs a hero!
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
        It's my recollection that he did often, but not always. Absolutely when they ran the no-huddle, which was often. However, he did not call the plays once they reached the redzone.

Does anybody else remember it the same way?

Thats what I thought to.
        Bills Rock!

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

he called all the plays during the heyday of the no huddle.

with the notable exception of when we brought in a goal-line offense (multiple tight ends, heavy formation). then marv called the plays.

later, toward the end of his career, they slowed down the offense a bit... and there was some play calling from the sidelines.

Jim's playcalling was largely based on what the defense showed him.

If he saw the defense in a dime or nickle, he'd call Thurman's number over and over again. If they were in a base defense, he'd throw the ball down their throats.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            If he saw the defense in a dime or nickle, he'd call Thurman's number over and over again. If they were in a base defense, he'd throw the ball down their throats.
            With the exception of Super Bowl XXV.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
            X