PDA

View Full Version : I have a Jim Kelly Question about his playcalling of the K-Gun Offense.

blackonyx89
11-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Did he call all of the plays, including the running plays? Curious and just wanted to know the answer. Thanks!

yordad
11-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Yep. I think so. Especially in the no huddle.

TedMock
11-28-2008, 11:31 AM
It's my recollection that he did often, but not always. Absolutely when they ran the no-huddle, which was often. However, he did not call the plays once they reached the redzone.

Does anybody else remember it the same way?

LarryBoy
11-28-2008, 12:13 PM
It's my recollection that he did often, but not always. Absolutely when they ran the no-huddle, which was often. However, he did not call the plays once they reached the redzone.

Does anybody else remember it the same way?

Thats what I thought to.

Ingtar33
11-28-2008, 02:36 PM
he called all the plays during the heyday of the no huddle.

with the notable exception of when we brought in a goal-line offense (multiple tight ends, heavy formation). then marv called the plays.

later, toward the end of his career, they slowed down the offense a bit... and there was some play calling from the sidelines.

Jim's playcalling was largely based on what the defense showed him.

If he saw the defense in a dime or nickle, he'd call Thurman's number over and over again. If they were in a base defense, he'd throw the ball down their throats.

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2008, 02:42 PM
If he saw the defense in a dime or nickle, he'd call Thurman's number over and over again. If they were in a base defense, he'd throw the ball down their throats.

With the exception of Super Bowl XXV. :(