PDA

View Full Version : Spikes still fond of Buffalo

patmoran2006
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Spikes may play in San Francisco, but he sounds like his heart is still in Buffalo. He wanted to retire here. He said the people are genuine and he fondly recalled how Bills fans wooed him when he played his last game with the Bengals in the 2002 finale at The Ralph.

"It was almost like a recruiting trip coming out of high school going to college," said Spikes, who was traded to Philadelphia in 2007. "I saw the mock jerseys with 'Spikes' on it, saying 'Spikes, you're a free agent. We want you here.' Just to go through that process and just to see it come true, and then once I got there it was a great fit for me. To have the success that I had there as quickly as I did ... it just kind of affected everything else after that."

Like they were with the Bills, Spikes and Clements are stalwarts on the 49ers' defense.

Playing inside linebacker next to young superstar Patrick Willis, Spikes is the 49ers' second-leading tackler with 82 and has a team-high three interceptions.

LINK (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/506878.html)

patmoran2006
11-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I always liked him.

and consider we got Keith "Pancakes" Ellison starting, Spikes is still a lot better.. Oh well.

I hope he doesnt do **** Sunday, but I hope he continues to play well after.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2008, 07:24 PM
I've always loved watching Spikes play, I wish him the best in San Fran but just not against our Bills this week.

dmosher12
11-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I enjoyed his time here in Buffalo. It was too bad the injury bug hit him so hard.

Patti120
11-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Spikes was a beast. He still has that fierce and competitive attitude but the achilles injury is a tough one too come back from. Too bad really. I wish him luck, just not against us on Sunday.

cocamide
11-28-2008, 10:01 PM
No athlete will ever have a better name than Takeo Spikes.

Philagape
11-28-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm still fond of Spikes.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2008, 10:46 PM
So, he would be pretty pissed off if we boo'ed him? =)

I don't know, if he is that fond of us, maybe he will blow the game for San Fran if we cheer for him!

OpIv37
11-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Spikes was absolutely dominant for us in '03, 04, and the game and a half or so he played for us in '05 before the injury. The guy brought an intensity and energy to the D that this team has lacked since the second he got carted off that field.

That injury absolutely screwed him but he'll always be one of my favorite Bills players.

PS- I met him and got his autograph after the '04 game in Baltimore. People make a lot of jokes about athletes having no neck, but the dude seriously has no neck- just a wedge of muscle that goes from just below his jaw to his collarbone.

Tatonka
11-29-2008, 12:17 AM
people quickly forget that TKO forced his way out of buffalo and demanded a trade.. after we stuck with him following the injury.

sorry but it was nice when he was here and wanted to be here.. but **** him now.

mybills
11-29-2008, 08:00 AM
His injury hasn't hampered his career..he's still playing great football. I loved him, but I remember what Tatonka remembers.

yordad
11-29-2008, 08:23 AM
people quickly forget that TKO forced his way out of buffalo and demanded a trade.Your right, I did forget. I forgot about it so much, I really don't think that happened. Maybe you could provide a link or something. :idunno:

I remember us thinking Ellison was just as good, but younger and cheaper. Well, TKO had a stretch were he was unsigned, as I recall. We should have brought him right back in. Ellison sucks.

I'll root for Spikes. I don't think I could care less about Clements though.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Sorry but Spikes to me was a non factor who's mouth was bigger than his play.

What happened to players that would come up big at big times?

Philagape
11-29-2008, 10:27 AM
It's taken him three years to return to a somewhat decent level, so parting with him was for the best. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, or the Bills for letting him go (although it could have been a less embarrassing manner than the Darwin Walker trade)

yordad
11-29-2008, 10:45 AM
It's taken him three years to return to a somewhat decent level, so parting with him was for the best. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, or the Bills for letting him go (although it could have been a less embarrassing manner than the Darwin Walker trade)But, when has Ellsion ever played at a semi-decent level. I swear he made more plays when he was a rookie.

Tatonka
11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Your right, I did forget. I forgot about it so much, I really don't think that happened. Maybe you could provide a link or something. :idunno:

I remember us thinking Ellison was just as good, but younger and cheaper. Well, TKO had a stretch were he was unsigned, as I recall. We should have brought him right back in. Ellison sucks.

I'll root for Spikes. I don't think I could care less about Clements though.

look it up yourself. im not digging for a links from 3 years ago. he forced a trade. you want a link, go find one.

he is a washed up, injured linebacker that plays for a ****ty team. who gives a **** about him. he doesnt give a **** about you. thats for sure.

mybills
11-29-2008, 01:40 PM
:rofl: Tell us how you really feel! :D