X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Bills still can't get it right.

I'm sorry but Tom Donohoe was fired 3 years ago and we are in our 3rd year of "Rebuilding"?

1) McCargo, who we traded up to get, is gone. GONE. Like will never play here again.

2) We have no depth at LB which means we have a FS playing the spot this weekend, just like Whitner last year. Seriously?

3) We have 4 sacks from our DEs so essentially we will need two starters for sure next year.

4) We have Duke Preston playing center because Fowler was getting man-handled. Looks like we'll need a starting center.

After three years we still have massive holes on our roster. There is no way we can address all of our needs through FA and as everyone knows the draft produces players that need time to develop.

I don't see us being much better next year than we are now. Does it really take 5 years to build a championship team?
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Bills still can't get it right.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    I'm sorry but Tom Donohoe was fired 3 years ago and we are in our 3rd year of "Rebuilding"?

1) McCargo, who we traded up to get, is gone. GONE. Like will never play here again.

2) We have no depth at LB which means we have a FS playing the spot this weekend, just like Whitner last year. Seriously?

3) We have 4 sacks from our DEs so essentially we will need two starters for sure next year.

4) We have Duke Preston playing center because Fowler was getting man-handled. Looks like we'll need a starting center.

After three years we still have massive holes on our roster. There is no way we can address all of our needs through FA and as everyone knows the draft produces players that need time to develop.

I don't see us being much better next year than we are now. Does it really take 5 years to build a championship team?
    Well if after three we are in the same spot, I think it will take longer then 5.

Oh, you left out TE and FB. And we still don't have a bonafide #2 WR. Plus, not only does our LB depth suck, so does at least one of the starters.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by yordad
      Well if after three we are in the same spot, I think it will take longer then 5.

Oh, you left out TE and FB. And we still don't have a bonafide #2 WR. Plus, not only does our LB depth suck, so does at least one of the starters.
      1) Two starting DEs
      2) One starting LB
      3) One starting TE
      4) One starting FB
      5) One starting WR
      6) One starting Center

Geez!!!!!

When you see Miami go from 1-15 to 6-5 in one year you have to start asking yourself if we are ever going to get it right.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

The Bills have been "rebuilding" since 1999.
        Rebuilding = team sucks.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
          • Aug 2005

You must be forgetting that we were figuring to go into the year with Crowell starting and having Ellison and DiGorgio as our backups which to me are pretty solid backups. We had good depth at LB but the injury bug bit us in the ass again. It is a rough game and injuries happen so deal with.

As for center I cant argue that.

Schobel has been out at DE so that doesn't help, but I would like to see us draft and/or sign two DE's early.
          SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

Bills Needs:

1 starting DE (Someone to put pressure opposite Schobel)
            1 starting center ( a mauler)
            1 starting outside LB Playmaking LB

We need a playmaker at TE...but this is a want and the other three above are the starters we need.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

1) Two starting DEs
              2) One starting LB
              3) One starting TE
              4) One starting FB
              5) One starting WR
              6) One starting Center

Geez!!!!!

When you see Miami go from 1-15 to 6-5 in one year you have to start asking yourself if we are ever going to get it right.
              Our QB hasn't been all too consistant either.

Oh, and head coach.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

We also have a Paul Warfield type of WR in Lee Evans, locked up long term.

We have a hopeful QB in Trent Edwards.

We got one of the best RB tandems in the NFL.

Marcus Stroud looks to have regained his Pro Bowl form.

Donte Whitner has emerged as a star on defense.

Josh Reed has developed into an important piece of the puzzle for our offense.

Peters is back to his Pro-Bowl level.

I think Langston is a Pro-Bowl caliber RT.

Dockery isn't too bad, could be great with a solid C.

Posluszny isn't a Pro-Bowler but was still a solid 2nd round pick for us.

Mitchell was a great FA pickup, one of our biggest playmakers on defense.

Kyle Williams is still one of our most underrated players on defense, he holds his own for sure.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  Josh Reed has developed into an important piece of the puzzle for our offense.
                  Thankyou. But, I'm not sure Reed being this much of a piece is a good thing. On the flip side, we have young talent at WR. I'm convinced one will come on before the end of the season/start of '09.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

If you think about the glass being half full, and with the expectation a young guy or two will emerge, we could be a power house with a better DE, OLB, TE, and C. A better FB would be good too. So outta 22 starting spots, about 17ish are adequate. Parity in the league is a real thing if you ask me.

If the Bills added 5 starters in one offseason, it wouldn't be the first time a team did that.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Thankyou. But, I'm not sure Reed being this much of a piece is a good thing. On the flip side, we have young talent at WR. I'm convinced one will come on before the end of the season/start of '09.
                      Josh Reed is an excellent #3 WR, he gets open and moves the chains. Reed would be a great #3 on most teams in the NFL.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        Josh Reed is an excellent #3 WR, he gets open and moves the chains. Reed would be a great #3 on most teams in the NFL.
                        Yep. So we agree that he should have less of a role.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

If the Bills added 5 starters in one offseason, it wouldn't be the first time a team did that.
                          There is no way we are adding 5 starters. The Bills first have to admit that they have a serious problem at DE. If by some miracle they actually admit it than maybe we'll draft one decent DE, but not two.

We have serious depth issues at LB which means we have to address this spot early and in FA.

TE obvioulsy sucks considering how hard we went for Gonzales. But we are already in third round so don't expect anything great.

Center in 4,5, or 6 is no better than the 3rd rounder we have now in Preston.

If we are lucky we may get 2 starters in the offseason.

Same team with improvement=not good enough.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Hard to upgrade the DE position, which needs a definite overhaul. I'd be all for some dead cap space if we released ALL of the DEs we have right now. However I'm sure the organization wouldn't be too pleased.

We have like 20 million wrapped up there, in a bunch of garbage, hasbeens and overrated players.

Depth at LB should be fixable, but then again, it should have already been fixed a couple seasons ago.

Center is one guy, and if we get a good guy, the offensive line will immensely improve.

Tight End, easy to fix. We tried with Royal unfortunately it didn't work.

And we need a Safety.

So if we go out in FA, bring in a Safety, DE, WR - all doable....then draft a C, TE, LB depth...we should be in much better shape next year.

We'll still have some holes, but no team is perfect.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

There is no way we are adding 5 starters. The Bills first have to admit that they have a serious problem at DE. If by some miracle they actually admit it than maybe we'll draft one decent DE, but not two.

We have serious depth issues at LB which means we have to address this spot early and in FA.

TE obvioulsy sucks considering how hard we went for Gonzales. But we are already in third round so don't expect anything great.

Center in 4,5, or 6 is no better than the 3rd rounder we have now in Preston.

If we are lucky we may get 2 starters in the offseason.

Same team with improvement=not good enough.
                              You're wrong about DE, we need 1 starter not two. Aaron Schobel maybe overpaid and overrated but he is still a starting caliber DE in the NFL and he was 2nd in sacks, was it 2 seasons ago? I still think Schobel has the potential to be a top flight DE, he does need to work at it. A DE in the first round would make a TON of sense next year.

I would like a DE in the 1st, a LB in the 2nd, a C in the 3rd, a FS in the 4th, TE in the 5th and a FB hopefully in the 6th. I don't think TE is as big of a priority as some people are leading us on to believe. I want to see how Derek Fine pans out, he has showed some brilliant flashes in the little time that he has played, I can't wait to see what he can do against San Fran. Also, Royal is a good TE, maybe not elite but he is solid. He plays with alot of heart and I like that about Royal, plus he loves to lay nice licks on defenders, definately an underrated player on offense. FB is a tremendous need, IMHO. We need a FB who can blow people up, we've been playing musical chairs with FB for too long in Buffalo, it needs to stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X