PDA

View Full Version : Gruden's goal: See Green run fast, free

Gunzlingr
05-05-2003, 08:58 AM
By ROGER MILLS, Times Staff Writer
© St. Petersburg Times
published May 5, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - They have fatted no calves, prepared no feasts. This is not the return of the prodigal son.

But the Bucs believe receiver Jacquez Green's return to the franchise that was his first NFL home may be reason to celebrate, if he shows some of that old college flash.

On a team top heavy with excellent receivers, he will have to do it soon.

"There are obviously a lot of very good receivers on this team already and my whole thing is to try to work my way up the depth chart as steadily as I can," said Green, who tweaked a hamstring muscle in Sunday's practice. "I'm not going to say I want to be the fifth or the fourth receiver. I'm trying to work all the way up the depth chart and when the regular season starts, I'll be in the rotation."

The climb isn't only uphill, it's mountainous.

The rotation of starters is in place with Keyshawn Johnson, Keenan McCardell and Joe Jurevicius, all eager to begin their second season in Jon Gruden's offense. Veteran receiver Karl Williams has always secured a spot for himself as the team's most consistent punt returner

MORE (http://www.sptimes.com/2003/05/05/Bucs/Gruden_s_goal__See_Gr.shtml)

NC-BILLS44
05-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Most U of Florida WRs are way overrated.