PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sullivan: Defense’s play is nothing out of the ordinary

shelby
11-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Let’s start with a hearty welcome back for Takeo Spikes and Nate Clements, two of the top NFL veterans never to appear in a playoff game. Who could forget those days? So much promise, so much talk of play-making and elite defenses, and so little for Bills fans to show for it.
Nate, I made fun of the “Playmaker” sign above your locker. But you got the last laugh, didn’t you? You might not be a true lockdown corner, but you sure did a good job locking down the $80 million. Oh, and if the 49ers are winning in the final seconds and Trent Edwards throws up a prayer on fourth down? Just knock it down.
Takeo, maybe once or twice you could flash the lateral quickness you had during the good times. Heaven knows, we’re not seeing much of that from this year’s linebacking crew.
And after the game, remember there’s a bus to catch. Try to wrap up your postgame remarks before Obama’s inauguration address.
It’s so inspiring to have these guys back in Buffalo, I’m reviving one of my favorite game-day exercises: calling out the defense.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/508938.html)

:jerry:

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Umm, pretty much what I've been saying all year. This team just does not seem to be making progress. They are the same as they have been for the past 3 seasons...no better.

baalworship
11-30-2008, 08:34 AM
The problem with the defense is the lack of pass-rush. If you can't get to the quarterback it doesn't matter how many many top picks you use on DB's.

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 08:36 AM
The problem with the defense is the lack of pass-rush. If you can't get to the quarterback it doesn't matter how many many top picks you use on DB's.

The problem with the defense is Perry Fewell.

Jan Reimers
11-30-2008, 08:39 AM
We will never be a playoff team without a pass rush. Look at the Giants. Look at us. See the difference.

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 08:41 AM
We will never be a playoff team without a pass rush. Look at the Giants. Look at us. See the difference.

Difference is that the Giants keep finding good players or developing them into good players. This doesn't happen in Buffalo...that is the most frustrating thing.

Jan Reimers
11-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Difference is that the Giants keep finding good players or developing them into good players. This doesn't happen in Buffalo...that is the most frustrating thing.
I agree. Strahan retires and Uminyora is lost for the seaeson, and they don't miss a beat.

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 08:47 AM
I agree. Strahan retires and Uminyora is lost for the seaeson, and they don't miss a beat.

Yep, that NEVER happens in Buffalo...WHY? The only thing you can really point at is management and coaching.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Funny how you look at the Browns, Jets, and Pats losses and the D had a chance to stop them and give the ball back to the offense.

You can blame Edwards for poor play at time during the stretch but as usual our D helps seal the deal for the other team.