PDA

View Full Version : Reed's stock rises with Buffalo Bills

shelby
11-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Just a few years ago, many of us wanted Bills receiver Josh Reed to run a down-and-out-of-town.

The second-round draft pick out of LSU was suffering through yet another season in which his hands appeared as if they had been greased with Vaseline. Passes to him kept slip-sliding away.And the big plays that had earned him first-team All-America honors and the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top receiver were nowhere to be found, just a distant memory.
We all thought Reed was destined to become another in a long line of Bills wide receiver busts. It was time for him to move on.

In recent weeks, though, we've been reminded how wrong we were.
Although Reed hasn't blossomed into the dynamic pass-catcher he was in college, he has established himself as an integral, multi-faceted part of Buffalo's offense.
And his importance, particularly to young quarterback Trent Edwards, was underscored during the team's recent four-game losing skid, in which Reed missed three games with a severely strained right ankle.
Without Reed in the lineup at slot receiver, Edwards looked like Linus without his security blanket.

Without Reed, primary target Lee Evans faced even more double coverage, and wound up being shut out in that Monday night loss to Cleveland.
Without Reed, running backs Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson lost a punishing blocker, who often sprung them for extra yardage on those rare occasions when they able to break free past the clogged line of scrimmage.
And without Reed, the Bills' playoff hopes suffered a mortal blow.

more... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20081129/SPORTS03/311300001/1021)

Cntrygal
11-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Without Reed in the lineup at slot receiver, Edwards looked like Linus without his security blanket.

Am I wrong to have laughed? :couch:

Being sidelined for nearly a month obviously wasn't easy. The losing streak only added to his anxiety.

"There were a couple of those road games when I wanted to throw something at the set,'' he joked. "I wanted to come back even sooner, so I could do something to help my teammates. But our trainers told me I'd risk hurting it further and probably would be done for the season.''

Reed wears a brace around his ankle and still isn't 100 percent. But he'll start again Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium against the San Francisco 49ers and is excited about going up against former Bills cornerback Nate Clements.

patmoran2006
11-30-2008, 10:00 AM
He's proved me wrong..

Whether his numbers are good or not, with Reed in the lineup Edwards is CLEARLY a better QB