PDA

View Full Version : WE need a New Coach

jonah7777
11-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I know it's negative but I have tried and tried to think DJ had some chance when the year started. I hated it when they hired this guy but gave him his chance well now we need a new QB again.... man this gets very very old for the fans. We need change and hope I really hope ralph has some balls left and fires dick tonite.

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 02:50 PM
No we don't, it's all the player's fault...don't you know? We can bring in a million players, but if they fail, it's not the coaches fault. [sarcasm]

paladin warrior
11-30-2008, 02:56 PM
I know it's negative but I have tried and tried to think DJ had some chance when the year started. I hated it when they hired this guy but gave him his chance well now we need a new QB again.... man this gets very very old for the fans. We need change and hope I really hope ralph has some balls left and fires dick tonite. yes fire him.. 4 down two time. miss fG 2 time.. what the heck going on.. 4-0 before. lost 4 in the roll. My gosh. Dick .J is not smart enough

justasportsfan
11-30-2008, 03:02 PM
It's not Dick. It's our players. ask FTY :crazy:

CLo_in_Roch
11-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Start at the top. We're at home and playing a team that gives up an average of 28pts a game? And we have 3 to show for? Heads gotta' roll now, or forget ever being in the playoffs again. 'Nuff said --- Sh** rolls downhill and if the players have any logic they'll see their heads are next on the guillontine!!!

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 03:20 PM
It's not Dick. It's our players. ask FTY :crazy:

It's the talent evaluators we have.

The entire front office from top to bottom needs to be gutted.

We NEED an established successful GM and a competent scouting staff.

Or else it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Name me ONE team that we're clearly better than talent wise....ONE.

Borosai
11-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Better decision makers on and off the field: GM, coaches, players.

Buy yeah, Jauron sucks, and his record shows it (we're talking about years of the same thing). There are teams with less talent than the Bills who get things done.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Better decision makers on and off the field: GM, coaches, players.

Buy yeah, Jauron sucks, and his record shows it (we're talking about years of the same thing). There are teams with less talent than the Bills who get things done.

Who?

Name me one team that we're clearly better than talent wise.

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM

KC

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 03:24 PM

Detroit

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 03:24 PM

Oakland...is that enough?

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 03:26 PM
KC

Larry Johnson is better than Lynch....just hasn't been healthy as of late.

KC's line play on both sides is head and shoulders above what we do.

They have a young QB who in no way is worse than Edwards and is clearly better than JP.

Their receivers are a mess outside of Bowe...our receivers are mess outside of Evans.

They have a competent tight end and we don't.

But we're clearly better than them? Sure.

We're equal at best with them, which is why we won. We can only beat teams that we're on par with talent wise.

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 03:27 PM

They have a young QB who in no way is worse than Edwards and is clearly better than JP.

Their receivers are a mess outside of Bowe...our receivers are mess outside of Evans.

We're equal at best with them, which is why we won. We can only beat teams that we're on par with talent wise.

Clueless...

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Oakland...is that enough?

Oakland?

Their QB sucks ass and is JPs equal. Poor QB play dooms them, but they beat a "good" offensive team in Denver very handily. We can't hang with good teams let alone beat them.

Their RBs are on par with ours. Their lineplay is as bad as ours. They have a true shutdown corner in Asmougha.

A meddling owner and poor talent evaluators. God does that sound familiar?

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Oakland?

Their QB sucks ass and is JPs equal. Poor QB play dooms them, but they beat a "good" offensive team in Denver very handily. We can't hang with good teams let alone beat them.

Their RBs are on par with ours. Their lineplay is as bad as ours. They have a true shutdown corner in Asmougha.

A meddling owner and poor talent evaluators. God does that sound familiar?

Stop, just stop. I'm trying to help you out and to stop you from making a fool out of yourself even more. Seriously, stop...you're making yourself look worse then you do already!

Jeff1220
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
It seemed to me that today's problems were more about coaching decisions than about execution (though execution definitely had much to be desired).
I have always been a guy that believes in coaching continuity over firing a guy, but it has become obvious to me that Dick is a loser. Sure he's a nice guy and all...I'm glad the players like him, but I want to see wins. It's not just that Jauron has no fire, but that he makes bad decisions to boot. I could handle a calm coach if it came with the sort of quiet intelligence and proven record that Dungy has. Jauron should go...the only reason to keep him is the likely hood that this team will end up with someone just as bad or worse.

gr8slayer
Who?

Name me one team that we're clearly better than talent wise.
Lincoln High School in Paris, Texas.

Mr. Pink
Detroit

Detroit sucks because they have QBs who are worse than ours.

They can't move the ball consistently and sustain anything because their QB is a tool.

Without good QB play and a GM that had no clue how to draft, you're not winning very many games.

However don't forget the Lions season last year looked much like our season this year. Broke out of the gate early then fell apart in the second half of the season.

With good QB play, they'd be just as good as we are.

Mr. Pink

:rofl:

You might be right about that!

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Stop, just stop. I'm trying to help you out and to stop you from making a fool out of yourself even more. Seriously, stop...you're making yourself look worse then you do already!

We have Moorman, Evans, Poz, Peters who'd probably start on 25 other teams. Outside of them, who do we have that would start on more than half of the teams in the league?

That's how bad we are talent wise.

If you don't wanna see it, that's on you.

But our special teams player are AWESOME...too bad our O and D completely blow which starts at the lines and inconsistent QB play.

paladin warrior
11-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Get Jimmy Johnson..

Jeff1220
11-30-2008, 03:36 PM
I think, without injuries stacked up, this team has enough talent on the field to make the playoffs. They are not even close to the most talented, but I think they could've gotten in with the talent they have. It is mostly coaching that is holding them back. Look at Miami, on the other hand, a team that had one win a year ago, is now well coached and very much in the playoff race.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 03:37 PM
I think, without injuries stacked up, this team has enough talent on the field to make the playoffs. They are not even close to the most talented, but I think they could've gotten in with the talent they have. It is mostly coaching that is holding them back. Look at Miami, on the other hand, a team that had one win a year ago, is now well coached and very much in the playoff race.

Yes look at Miami.

Better O-line play. Better consistent QB play. Better running game.

Is it hard to figure out why they're better?

Oh yeah, better talent and execution!

TheBrownBear
11-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Stroud, Lynch, Evans, Whitner, McGee, Peters, Greer, Schoebel (when healthy), Williams, Pos, Mitchell. These guys are all good NFL players. And we have some decent young players like Edwards, McKelvin, Jackson, Youboty, etc. Not the most talented team out there but it is clearly better than the San Fran's, Cincinatti's, Cleveland's, Detroit's, Oakland's, Seattle's, St. Louis's of the league. Our talent is good enough to compete with most teams and to be a playoff team under most coaches. For some reason, Edwards completely fell apart after the San Diego game - and basically lost us those three division games. Fact of the matter is - when we get competent qb play we win. When we don't - we lose.

Jeff1220
11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes look at Miami.

Better O-line play. Better consistent QB play. Better running game.

Is it hard to figure out why they're better?

Oh yeah, better talent and execution!

What is mainly different in Miami from last year 1-15 (the 1 win in OT, btw) to this year as a contender - Parcells, Sparano, and Pennington.

CLo_in_Roch
11-30-2008, 03:43 PM
We have Moorman, Evans, Poz, Peters who'd probably start on 25 other teams. Outside of them, who do we have that would start on more than half of the teams in the league?

That's how bad we are talent wise.

If you don't wanna see it, that's on you.

But our special teams player are AWESOME...too bad our O and D completely blow which starts at the lines and inconsistent QB play.

We are not that bad talent wise. We held a bad team to 10 points at home today, while on still on the playoff hunt. The job of a coach is to dissect our opponent, implement plays to take advantage of the opponent's weaknesses and tendencies and most of all get 100% out of our personnel. Dick was 0 for 3 on those points. And the rookie coach on the other side got his squad to play way above their talent level.

gr8slayer
11-30-2008, 03:43 PM
What is mainly different in Miami from last year 1-15 (the 1 win in OT, btw) to this year as a contender - Parcells, Sparano, and Pennington.
Yup, they went out and spent some $$$ to get Parcells, a guy who knows how to put a contender together.

justasportsfan
11-30-2008, 03:45 PM

We're equal at best with them, which is why we won. We can only beat teams that we're on par with talent wise.:roflmao:

Jeff1220
11-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Yup, they went out and spent some $$$ to get Parcells, a guy who knows how to put a contender together.

...and Sparano is doing a heck of a job with creative, but smart coaching.

gr8slayer
11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
...and Sparano is doing a heck of a job with creative, but smart coaching.
Yup, another Parcells guy though, it all starts with Parcells.

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Yup, another Parcells guy though, it all starts with Parcells.

Spend money on a winner and you get a winner. Ralphy has never been a winner in the NFL and never will be.

Mr. Pink

The main difference?

Chad Pennington vs John Beck

Jeff1220
I guess a proven HC isn't necessary if the guy calling the shots is proven himself.

Jeff1220
11-30-2008, 03:51 PM
The main difference?

Chad Pennington vs John Beck
Pennington has been huge compared to Beck, but look at this team's play calling and their attitude...that starts up top.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Pennington has been huge compared to Beck, but look at this team's play calling and their attitude...that starts up top.

if Beck was still calling the signals, at best they'd be a 3-13 team.

Chimpanze
11-30-2008, 03:53 PM
THIS THREAD IS TOO FUNNY!

TALENT WISE THE BILLS ARE UP THERE!

COACHING DECISIONS and REFS = LOSING FOREVER!

I watched the game and thought... WOW, We should have blown them out, but sometimes you need an ugly win.

AND GUESS WHAT.

the ugly wins come with coaching decisions!

THE CORPSE had 1 good year in Chicago and nothing in Buffalo.

FIRE HIM!

gr8slayer
11-30-2008, 03:56 PM
if Beck was still calling the signals, at best they'd be a 3-13 team.
But Parcells is smart enough to realize that Beck is not a starting QB.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 04:00 PM
But Parcells is smart enough to realize that Beck is not a starting QB.

We don't have a GM who realizes that trading up to get guys like McCargo or drafting a WR who can't run routes or catch is a bad idea on day 1.

That doesn't even touch on reaching for Whitner when Ngata was there, giving Dock an outrageous amount of money, IRing Crow, Drafting guys based on their special teams abilities - McKelvin, signing mediocre overrated bums to positions where we need good talent...Fowler for example.

If anyone doesn't realize that Marv was a puppet by now, I don't know what to tell you.

The talent evaluators have been the same for Dicky's entire tenure.

gr8slayer
11-30-2008, 04:03 PM
We don't have a GM who realizes that trading up to get guys like McCargo or drafting a WR who can't run routes or catch is a bad idea on day 1.

That doesn't even touch on reaching for Whitner when Ngata was there, giving Dock an outrageous amount of money, IRing Crow, Drafting guys based on their special teams abilities - McKelvin, signing mediocre overrated bums to positions where we need good talent...Fowler for example.

If anyone doesn't realize that Marv was a puppet by now, I don't know what to tell you.

The talent evaluators have been the same for Dicky's entire tenure.
Again, it all starts up top.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Again, it all starts up top.

Hey I fully blame the old man for bringing in poor GMs...the reason we've sucked since Butler left is because we haven't brought in one GM worth a damn and our talent level has been subpar.

And sorry to break it to everyone, but Donahoe was a better GM that what we've had since.

And he wasn't very good either.

DMBcrew36
11-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Did Jauron get a new contract or not? Does anyone know for sure?

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM

Here is an excellent example of why you're arguement is so wrong. Do you think that the Chargers are a talented team? I'd hope you'd say yes, but they have a mediocre HC! Yeah, but coaching doesn't matter.

gr8slayer
11-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Here is an excellent example of why you're arguement is so wrong. Do you think that the Chargers are a talented team? I'd hope you'd say yes, but they have a mediocre HC! Yeah, but coaching doesn't matter.
The same Chargers that were in the AFC Championship last year? :idunno:

Mad Bomber
11-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Maybe.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Coaching doesn't matter when you lack talent.

In fact, I'd go as far to say Dicky is a better coach than Norv Turner.

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Coaching doesn't matter when you lack talent.

In fact, I'd go as far to say Dicky is a better coach than Norv Turner.

Then you'd be wrong again.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Then you'd be wrong again.

Norv Turner here would have this team at 3-9 right now.

Look at what he's done to a highly talented Chargers team.

He doesn't believe in using his biggest weapon at all. Mainly because he's a guy who would rather throw the ball than run it.

Why did Marty ball succeed in SD? Good defense and great RB.

Turner is too stupid to realize that you should use your best weapon, much like Mike Martz.

Owen DeBoard
11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
I bet that if Bill Cower was the coach of this team we would be winnin the division right now.