PDA

View Full Version : Poor Lee Evans.

Mahdi
11-30-2008, 04:53 PM
This guy sees us go 4-0 and re-signs. I bet he regrets that move BIG TIME. He is a class player and an amazing receiver. He deserves a better fate then to be stuck on this team.

Edwards is not a QB that can get Evans the ball, or anyone else for that matter. Another waste of talent. Evans should demand a trade if he wants to succeed and I wouldnt blame him if he did demand one.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Yes poor Lee Evans.

He's the fourth highest paid WR in the NFL and nowhere near top 5 in terms of abilitiy.

My heart bleeds for the dude, lemme tell you.

Mitchy moo
11-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Doomed!!

Mahdi
11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes poor Lee Evans.

He's the fourth highest paid WR in the NFL and nowhere near top 5 in terms of abilitiy.

Im pretty sure he needs a QB to throw him to him for more than a five yard gain for him to show his ability.

If Evans is playing with most any other QB in the league he WOULD be in the top 5 in receptions and yards.

CLo_in_Roch
11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Yes poor Lee Evans.

You sir missed Evans wide open on a slant on our last series, on the 4th and 1. He was wide open for the TD and Losman didn't even see it. It was so obvious that NBC replayed it to show what a bad decision JP made. Your evaulation of Evans is :poop:

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 05:11 PM
You sir missed Evans wide open on a slant on our last series, on the 4th and 1. He was wide open for the TD and Losman didn't even see it. It was so obvious that NBC replayed it to show what a bad decision JP made. Your evaulation of Evans is :poop:

Yes he was open. No doubt.

I can name a TON of WRs off the top of my head better than Lee Evans.

Moss, Welker, B. Marshall, Roddy White, T.O., Ocho Cinco, TJ whosyermama, Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson.

There's 11 in the amount of time it took me to type their names.

Mahdi
11-30-2008, 05:18 PM

Moss, Welker, B. Marshall, Roddy White, T.O., Ocho Cinco, TJ whosyermama, Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson.

Welker,,, That gotta be a joke,,,, The guy runs underneath routes all day because Moss opens the entire field for him. Dont be illogical. Evans plays over the middle and over the top and has more dimensions and talents than Welker. Roddy White has a GREAT young QB throwing to him... Evans has.... nuf said. Hines Ward is a great possession receiver but again, Evans has more dimensions to his game and if he had Roethlisberger he would be killing it too. I'll give you Wayne, Johnson, Calvin, TO, Moss, Ocho. TJ. TJ doesnt go deep though.

If we actually had a QB that could throw farther than 10 yards more than once every 3 games Evans talents would be obvious.

CLo_in_Roch
11-30-2008, 05:25 PM

Yes, I agree there are other receivers that can be considered better than Evans(c'mon Ocho Cinco?) , but my point is this................................................
if Losman hits him for that TD, and this discussion never takes place!

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Welker,,, That gotta be a joke,,,, The guy runs underneath routes all day because Moss opens the entire field for him. Dont be illogical. Evans plays over the middle and over the top and has more dimensions and talents than Welker. Roddy White has a GREAT young QB throwing to him... Evans has.... nuf said. Hines Ward is a great possession receiver but again, Evans has more dimensions to his game and if he had Roethlisberger he would be killing it too. I'll give you Wayne, Johnson, Calvin, TO, Moss, Ocho. TJ. TJ doesnt go deep though.

If we actually had a QB that could throw farther than 10 yards more than once every 3 games Evans talents would be obvious.

I equate Lee Evans to Kevin Johnson in Cleveland. Only legitimate option in a very weak passing offense. With a junk QB to get him the ball.

Roddy White lit it up last year with QBs even worse than what we have. Look at the stats man. You wanna say he'd be top 5 with a better QB, Roddy White woulda been top 5 last year with a competent QB and franchise not in total disarray.

Hines Ward is one of the most complete WRs in the league. Put Josh Reed and Lee Evans together, you have Hines Ward.

Evans could also catch all these underneath quick slant/screen routes too. He doesn't. Plus Welker can block a little. Actuallly why we don't utilize Parrish in this role more kinda baffles me. I think he very easily could pull it off.

Still you're giving me 7 guys....I said he's not a top 5 talent and gets 4th highest money. He's the one hustling us. Not vice versa. And I didn't even mention Steve Smith or Marques Colston or Santonio Holmes or Plaxico Burress or Santana Moss or Laveraneus Coles. You could argue that all of them are better as well.

Mahdi
11-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I equate Lee Evans to Kevin Johnson in Cleveland. Only legitimate option in a very weak passing offense. With a junk QB to get him the ball.

Roddy White lit it up last year with QBs even worse than what we have. Look at the stats man. You wanna say he'd be top 5 with a better QB, Roddy White woulda been top 5 last year with a competent QB and franchise not in total disarray.

Hines Ward is one of the most complete WRs in the league. Put Josh Reed and Lee Evans together, you have Hines Ward.

Evans could also catch all these underneath quick slant/screen routes too. He doesn't. Plus Welker can block a little. Actuallly why we don't utilize Parrish in this role more kinda baffles me. I think he very easily could pull it off.

Still you're giving me 7 guys....I said he's not a top 5 talent and gets 4th highest money. He's the one hustling us. Not vice versa. And I didn't even mention Steve Smith or Marques Colston or Santonio Holmes or Plaxico Burress or Santana Moss or Laveraneus Coles. You could argue that all of them are better as well.
Contracts dont always equate to your ranking as a player.

Ben Roethlesberger is the highest paid player in the league let alone QB.

Brady, Brees, Manning, Manning are all better players.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Contracts dont always equate to your ranking as a player.

Ben Roethlesberger is the highest paid player in the league let alone QB.

Brady, Brees, Manning, Manning are all better players.

You fail to grasp my point.

Lee Evans should be laughing all the way to the bank that he in fact, was the one that hustled this front office, into overpaying him a ridiculous amount of money.

Not vice versa.

Mahdi
11-30-2008, 05:51 PM
You fail to grasp my point.

Lee Evans should be laughing all the way to the bank that he in fact, was the one that hustled this front office, into overpaying him a ridiculous amount of money.

Not vice versa.
Evans is worth his contract. Berrian got a similar contract as did Walker.

You think if Evans had Favre or Cutler or Rivers throwing to him his stats would be suffering?

Cmon man, Evans didnt even get thrown to against Cleveland and we all know that Cleveland has the best pass defense in the NFL.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Evans is worth his contract. Berrian got a similar contract as did Walker.

You think if Evans had Favre or Cutler or Rivers throwing to him his stats would be suffering?

Cmon man, Evans didnt even get thrown to against Cleveland and we all know that Cleveland has the best pass defense in the NFL.

Not throwing him the ball once is inexecusable, you're right on that aspect. Especially seeing outside of Shaun Rogers Cleveland's entire defense is crap. Actually crap might be a nice way of putting it. They do have some nice young talent in Eric Wright and D'Qwell Jackson if they develop.

Evans is NOT worth his contract. Berrian and Walker were NOT worth their contracts either. Teams have become spending stupid on guys who simply are not good enough. And for the Bills to grossly overpay for their own talent is a collosal failure from the front office.

Roddy White last year put up better numbers than Evans with an even worse QB and HC and front office than the Bills have had since Evans has been here.

Great players elevate the play of those around them and get stats regardless. Evans doesn't elevate anyone's play and is a complimentary piece in spite of what he's being paid and what most of the fanbase thinks.