PDA

View Full Version : The real sad thing if they purge the staff...

Ebenezer
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM
is that they have so many holes it will take them at least two years to make the playoffs...yes, that might be better than if they stick with Limp Dicky & Co. but it is going to be painful. The fans are going to suffer for at least two more years....and with the guillotine of them moving over our heads...almost like it is being scripted...

Nighthawk
11-30-2008, 08:07 PM
No, I don't think this team is that far off from being a playoff team. Get a guy who knows what he is doing in here and it will fall into place.

Jeff1220
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
The right coach could get this team to the playoffs next year. Look at Atlanta right now. S.Peyton (with Brees) turned NO around in his first season (NFC title game). Even Miami is alive in the playoff race right now after going 1-15 last year. The right coach could turn this thing around quick. The sad thing is, even if there is a coaching change, it probably won't be the right one.

tat2dmike77
11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
The right coach would mean that wilson would have to let go of some of his cash and guys he just ain't willing to do that. He wants to save as much money as he can for his family. He doesn't care about us, this team or winning he only cares about money. If you think different then here is the list of lame duck coaches since the levy era.

W.Phillips
G Williams
M. Mularky
D. jaruon

No top tier coach no top tier staff nothing. Ralph wants too keep hiring dime coaches so he can save his money for his family. Get used to him hiring these lame duck coaches till he dies then when the Bills leave Buffalo i will be done with the NFL. Thanks for ruining a good thing Ralph Wilson you truely are a class act.

gr8slayer
11-30-2008, 09:17 PM
The right coach would mean that wilson would have to let go of some of his cash and guys he just ain't willing to do that. He wants to save as much money as he can for his family. He doesn't care about us, this team or winning he only cares about money. If you think different then here is the list of lame duck coaches since the levy era.

W.Phillips
G Williams
M. Mularky
D. jaruon

No top tier coach no top tier staff nothing. Ralph wants too keep hiring dime coaches so he can save his money for his family. Get used to him hiring these lame duck coaches till he dies then when the Bills leave Buffalo i will be done with the NFL. Thanks for ruining a good thing Ralph Wilson you truely are a class act.
Wow, you thought it was so bad that I was saying the same thing all last week and now you're saying it?

tat2dmike77
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow, you thought it was so bad that I was saying the same thing all last week and now you're saying it?

The difference is.

I am a Bills fan You are a cowboys fan.

DraftBoy
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Atlanta
Miami
New Orleans

all examples of new HC's succeeding but its not just the HC which made them successful there. They all got new GM's (not top tier guys either). It starts with the top.

gr8slayer
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
The difference is.

I am a Bills fan You are a cowboys fan.
:snicker:

Night Train
12-01-2008, 06:53 AM
is that they have so many holes it will take them at least two years to make the playoffs...yes, that might be better than if they stick with Limp Dicky & Co. but it is going to be painful. The fans are going to suffer for at least two more years....and with the guillotine of them moving over our heads...almost like it is being scripted...

We had this exact discussion in the stands yesterday but it's too late to save Jauron. The fans will leave in droves, if he's retained.

It is what it is. If the Bills move and someone in the organization suggests the biggest reason is lack of fan support, we have every right to fire on the moving vans. Our blind loyalty has been 2nd to none.

OpIv37
12-01-2008, 07:53 AM

This is why I was so pissed when we hired Jauron. He was a bad choice from the beginning and we're all too familiar with the cycle: Struggle, fire the coach, two years of rebuilding, repeat.

Selecting Jauron set this team back 5 years.

HHURRICANE
12-01-2008, 08:19 AM
This is why I was so pissed when we hired Jauron. He was a bad choice from the beginning and we're all too familiar with the cycle: Struggle, fire the coach, two years of rebuilding, repeat.

Selecting Jauron set this team back 5 years.

I actually don't believe this. I think Jauron was a good pick at the time and maybe still is. The team had no talent and was in the middle of a massive rebuilding.

Jauron was a good first step but it's obvious that the team needs a creative thinker out there now.

Although some would argue, we do have a QB, RB, OL and a decent DT rotation. However we still need some WR talent, DEs and some real depth at LB.

The next coach needs to take us to the next step while working with the talent that will be coming in.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 08:27 AM
I actually don't believe this. I think Jauron was a good pick at the time and maybe still is. The team had no talent and was in the middle of a massive rebuilding.

Jauron was a good first step but it's obvious that the team needs a creative thinker out there now.

Although some would argue, we do have a QB, RB, OL and a decent DT rotation. However we still need some WR talent, DEs and some real depth at LB.

The next coach needs to take us to the next step while working with the talent that will be coming in.

had? this team still has no talent on a whole.

Dick's done a good job getting a squad of garbage to around .500.

Problem is if we did have talent, he wouldn't take us to the next level. His tenure in Chicago proved that.

Bulldog
12-01-2008, 08:46 AM
The game management on Sunday's has been terrible for the entire season, and yesterday was no exception. The playcalling was horrible, the use of time outs was embarrassing, and the team in general was not ready to play. What a joke!

Jan Reimers
12-01-2008, 08:52 AM
The game management on Sunday's has been terrible for the entire season, and yesterday was no exception. The playcalling was horrible, the use of time outs was embarrassing, and the team in general was not ready to play. What a joke!
I'm actually kind of glad I have to watch this team from the comfort of home. I can at least turn on other games, and watch how professional football is played.

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
in all the wins and losses, the bills have been in the game with the exception of the cardinals game.

i think the talent is there. i think we need a coach who brings discipline to remove the stupid penalties and improves execution.

a coach who wants plays where we can telegraph to the other team, "It's 3rd and 1, and we're running the ball up the middle, and we're going to get it. We know it, you know it, and the fans and telecast knows it." I hate all these overthought plays like passing when your QB is hurt, throwing when your back up is in on 4th down, game on the line, rain, and the running game is working.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 10:53 AM
:snicker:

I like the abuse of being a Bills fan i'm sick in the head.

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I like the abuse of being a Bills fan i'm sick in the head.
I guess it could be worse, you could be a Lions fan :idunno:

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I guess it could be worse, you could be a Lions fan :idunno:

Not a real comforting fact

patmoran2006
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Not necessarily true.

Miami has a bunch of new coaches and a new team president and they are contending right now..

Ebenezer
12-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Not necessarily true.

Miami has a bunch of new coaches and a new team president and they are contending right now..
They had a very competent NFL quality starting QB drop in their lap.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:18 PM
They had a very competent NFL quality starting QB drop in their lap.

we could've had so many of those qb's but Dick chose to pass on any of them so you can't use that against the fins.

patmoran2006
12-01-2008, 01:23 PM
He was available to us as was Favre and all the others.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Perhaps our scouting and coaching staff overvalued where Trent Edwards would be. If so, and going by his play the past 6 weeks it appears the case, it goes to show you our personnel dep’t is pretty bad at evaluating talent.<o:p></o:p>
Do you think the Bills are only 6-6 with Pennington as the starter? I don’t. Hell, in those Jets and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City> games and especially <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> we win probably all of them if we don’t have a turnover machine at QB.<o:p></o:p>
Can you imagine how much better we’d be if we had Favre? People thought it was a joke and he was washed up before the season started, I don’t think people think that now. Maybe Bret for 1-2 years and then Trent or someone else?<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> is proving that you can win by rebuilding without having to rebuild EVERYTHING with youth. Miami had a young, terrible team yet goes out and get a vet like pennington that many thought was finished (including me). They’ve drafted two QBS in the second round back to back years.Yet they still have the balls to go out and get Pennington.<o:p></o:p>
This organization NEEDS an overhaul. Our free agents overall have busted, and our drafted players this decade, even under the Levy era, is NOWHERE near as good as people think. <o:p></o:p>

Typ0
12-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I thought the right move for us was getting Favre at all costs. That would have kept him off NY and helped TE and our QB situation. But that also assumes that Favre would come and play here...which he wouldn't because he's working on building his broadcasting career in NY.