PDA

View Full Version : It just takes one or two guys

Mad Max
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm watching the Bears/ Minny game tonight and it's pretty much been the Peterson/ Allen show. Neither can be stopped. Both have to be accounted for at all times.

Most really good teams have only a handful of these types of players. We need to acquire a couple. Marshawns great, but he's no Adrian Peterson, Lee Evans is great but he's no Larry Fitzgerald, Aaron Schobel's great..erm, nevermind Aaron.

I think we're lacking that superstar power. A couple of horses you can ride through a few games, when the rest of the team isn't pulling it's weight.

The thing is we could have easily had this star power aboard, if not for ridiculous drafting and even more ridiculous FA pickups.

So I guess I think we're close. If Ralph shakes off his dusty sack and makes a man move like blowing out his entire front office and hiring some quality management, we might be able to recognize those stars when they come along.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-30-2008, 09:23 PM
dream on. no free agents of ANY stature will be coming to buffalo now.

gr8slayer
11-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Never happen, Buffalo is afraid of elite level players.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Actually, it realistically only takes ONE guy.

A QB.

Miami gets a QB, look what happens.

Look at all the teams who were terrible last year and got better this year...what do they have in common? More competent QB play.

Look at teams that were good last year and have stumbled this year, what do they have in common? Inconsistent QB play.

You can be average everywhere else but as long as you have consistency at QB, you're gonna win ball games. Likewise the opposite is true...if you're lacking at QB and have stars elsewhere, it won't make a damn difference.