• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Is Jauron lying about Trent's "injury"?

I tried making this thread twice now but something isn't working right... Um..

I wanted a public poll, do you think Jauron was lying about Edwards' groin injury so he wouldn't have to face criticism for putting Losman in?
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Is Jauron lying about Trent's "injury"?

no, i dont think that it was a lie but i think that jaurons days are numbered, no way you blow a 5-0 start and honestly even to fans that dont know that much about coaching know that our team has completely been out coached all season. even in our first 5 wins there was plenty of times where some prair plays came through at the end for us to win. he hasnt finished over .500 and he hasnt been a leader for the team. 2-10 in challenges this year when he did choose to do so and i can think of at least 3 he should of challenged that would have been obvious game changing challenges for us.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Yeah. I was saying at halftime he should be benched. There is no way Jauron just makes that call so the injury was pretty convenient.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

If Edwards indeed is injured and can't go Sunday...then put Hamdan behind Center.

The game doesn't matter...JP isn't the future...and we can evaluate how good or terrible Hamdan is.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          If Edwards indeed is injured and can't go Sunday...then put Hamdan behind Center.

The game doesn't matter...JP isn't the future...and we can evaluate how good or terrible Hamdan is.
          Agreed. I do NOT wish to see JP in there anymore, unless everyone else has been injured. He's obviously quit on this team.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RockStar36
            • Sep 2004

I'd rather have Fred Jackson play QB than Hamdan.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by RockStar36
              I'd rather have Fred Jackson play QB than Hamdan.

You never know man, Hamdan could have some skills. It's likely he doesn't. But what is the point in going to a guy who in all likelihood won't even be in the league next year let alone here?

JP is a lame-duck pathetic excuse for a QB. It's hard to imagine Hamdan being any worse.

Plus we're not making the playoffs anyways so it's not like these 4 games matter much.

Comment

• RockStar36
                • Sep 2004

You never know man, Hamdan could have some skills. It's likely he doesn't. But what is the point in going to a guy who in all likelihood won't even be in the league next year let alone here?

JP is a lame-duck pathetic excuse for a QB. It's hard to imagine Hamdan being any worse.

Plus we're not making the playoffs anyways so it's not like these 4 games matter much.
                I saw Hamdan in the pre-season. I thought he was absolutely terrible. I'm not voting for JP to be the QB, just making sure everyone knows just how terrible Hamdan was.
                Last edited by RockStar36; 12-01-2008, 09:13 AM.

D & S Sports

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  I tried making this thread twice now but something isn't working right... Um..

I wanted a public poll, do you think Jauron was lying about Edwards' groin injury so he wouldn't have to face criticism for putting Losman in?
                  If Edwards was benched than Jauron should be fired. There was no reason to believe that Edwards wasn't going to play better in the second half.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Yes, Jauron is lying about Edwards "groin injury." The dude was benched and it was condescending of Jauron to insult our intelligence with a BS injury.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Yes, Jauron is lying about Edwards "groin injury." The dude was benched and it was condescending of Jauron to insult our intelligence with a BS injury.
                      IF that is the case, Jauron needs to be fired. Seriously. Edwards was 10-21. That's not good, but it's not bad enough to be benched in a close game in favour of Losman. Who does Jauron think he is, Andy Reid? Does he think Edwards is McNabb and will respond like a veteran? Jesus. What a mess.

Season on the line, down by 10 (only because Lindell missed a freaking 22 yarder), and you decide to pull the QB that you constantly say you have confidence in, blah blah blah, and you pull him? For Losman, who's about as good under pressure as a piece of gum is at patching up a hold in the Hoover Dam?

What a joke. Groin injury my ass. This coaching staff has a ****ing brain injury.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        IF that is the case, Jauron needs to be fired. Seriously. Edwards was 10-21. That's not good, but it's not bad enough to be benched in a close game in favour of Losman. Who does Jauron think he is, Andy Reid? Does he think Edwards is McNabb and will respond like a veteran? Jesus. What a mess.

Season on the line, down by 10 (only because Lindell missed a freaking 22 yarder), and you decide to pull the QB that you constantly say you have confidence in, blah blah blah, and you pull him? For Losman, who's about as good under pressure as a piece of gum is at patching up a hold in the Hoover Dam?

What a joke. Groin injury my ass. This coaching staff has a ****ing brain injury.
                        I saw nothing that led me to believe that Edwards couldn't win us the game in the second half so:

1) He really was injured.

2) Jauron is the biggest loser coach in the history of the league.

Pick one.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

I thought it was fishy at the time, but they talk about it pretty extensively in today's paper.

Edwards looked uncharacteristically off target on three or four of his first-half throws. A first-down incompletion at the ankles of tight end Derek Schouman was a glaring example. He suggested his sore groin, which was bothering him from the early part of the game, was a factor. Edwards figures to be very questionable for Sunday's game against Miami.

Edwards said his groin started bothering him before the game and got worse the longer he played. His day ended when he scrambled to avoid pressure on the last play of the first half.
                          "I was trying to work through it after the first couple of series," Edwards said. "I got knocked down a couple of times and tried to get back up and work through it. It was just kind of aggravating it here and there a little bit more throughout the course of the game and at the end of the first half on that last kind of rollout was when it really put it over the top for me. I came back in here and was talking to our trainers and talking to our coaches and was telling them what I was going through. We made the call to just shut it down."

That's too elaborate to be a lie.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Wouldn't Trent have limped during the game at least once if his groin hurt? I didn't see him limp at all.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Wouldn't Trent have limped during the game at least once if his groin hurt? I didn't see him limp at all.
                              just another excuse from this team, like when they blamed the headsets for all the wasted timeouts against Cleveland.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X