PDA

View Full Version : Is Jauron lying about Trent's "injury"?

PECKERWOOD
12-01-2008, 12:14 AM
I tried making this thread twice now but something isn't working right... Um..

I wanted a public poll, do you think Jauron was lying about Edwards' groin injury so he wouldn't have to face criticism for putting Losman in?

jimbohastle51
12-01-2008, 01:41 AM
no, i dont think that it was a lie but i think that jaurons days are numbered, no way you blow a 5-0 start and honestly even to fans that dont know that much about coaching know that our team has completely been out coached all season. even in our first 5 wins there was plenty of times where some prair plays came through at the end for us to win. he hasnt finished over .500 and he hasnt been a leader for the team. 2-10 in challenges this year when he did choose to do so and i can think of at least 3 he should of challenged that would have been obvious game changing challenges for us.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Yeah. I was saying at halftime he should be benched. There is no way Jauron just makes that call so the injury was pretty convenient.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 05:54 AM
If Edwards indeed is injured and can't go Sunday...then put Hamdan behind Center.

The game doesn't matter...JP isn't the future...and we can evaluate how good or terrible Hamdan is.

Night Train
12-01-2008, 06:04 AM
If Edwards indeed is injured and can't go Sunday...then put Hamdan behind Center.

The game doesn't matter...JP isn't the future...and we can evaluate how good or terrible Hamdan is.

Agreed. I do NOT wish to see JP in there anymore, unless everyone else has been injured. He's obviously quit on this team.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 06:04 AM

I'd rather have Fred Jackson play QB than Hamdan.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 06:09 AM
I'd rather have Fred Jackson play QB than Hamdan.

You never know man, Hamdan could have some skills. It's likely he doesn't. But what is the point in going to a guy who in all likelihood won't even be in the league next year let alone here?

JP is a lame-duck pathetic excuse for a QB. It's hard to imagine Hamdan being any worse.

Plus we're not making the playoffs anyways so it's not like these 4 games matter much.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 06:12 AM
You never know man, Hamdan could have some skills. It's likely he doesn't. But what is the point in going to a guy who in all likelihood won't even be in the league next year let alone here?

JP is a lame-duck pathetic excuse for a QB. It's hard to imagine Hamdan being any worse.

Plus we're not making the playoffs anyways so it's not like these 4 games matter much.

I saw Hamdan in the pre-season. I thought he was absolutely terrible. I'm not voting for JP to be the QB, just making sure everyone knows just how terrible Hamdan was.

HHURRICANE
12-01-2008, 07:16 AM

I wanted a public poll, do you think Jauron was lying about Edwards' groin injury so he wouldn't have to face criticism for putting Losman in?

If Edwards was benched than Jauron should be fired. There was no reason to believe that Edwards wasn't going to play better in the second half.

OpIv37
12-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Yes, Jauron is lying about Edwards "groin injury." The dude was benched and it was condescending of Jauron to insult our intelligence with a BS injury.

Forward_Lateral
12-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Yes, Jauron is lying about Edwards "groin injury." The dude was benched and it was condescending of Jauron to insult our intelligence with a BS injury.

IF that is the case, Jauron needs to be fired. Seriously. Edwards was 10-21. That's not good, but it's not bad enough to be benched in a close game in favour of Losman. Who does Jauron think he is, Andy Reid? Does he think Edwards is McNabb and will respond like a veteran? Jesus. What a mess.

Season on the line, down by 10 (only because Lindell missed a freaking 22 yarder), and you decide to pull the QB that you constantly say you have confidence in, blah blah blah, and you pull him? For Losman, who's about as good under pressure as a piece of gum is at patching up a hold in the Hoover Dam?

What a joke. Groin injury my ass. This coaching staff has a ****ing brain injury.

HHURRICANE
12-01-2008, 07:57 AM
IF that is the case, Jauron needs to be fired. Seriously. Edwards was 10-21. That's not good, but it's not bad enough to be benched in a close game in favour of Losman. Who does Jauron think he is, Andy Reid? Does he think Edwards is McNabb and will respond like a veteran? Jesus. What a mess.

Season on the line, down by 10 (only because Lindell missed a freaking 22 yarder), and you decide to pull the QB that you constantly say you have confidence in, blah blah blah, and you pull him? For Losman, who's about as good under pressure as a piece of gum is at patching up a hold in the Hoover Dam?

What a joke. Groin injury my ass. This coaching staff has a ****ing brain injury.

I saw nothing that led me to believe that Edwards couldn't win us the game in the second half so:

1) He really was injured.

2) Jauron is the biggest loser coach in the history of the league.

Pick one.

Philagape
12-01-2008, 08:02 AM
I thought it was fishy at the time, but they talk about it pretty extensively in today's paper.

Edwards looked uncharacteristically off target on three or four of his first-half throws. A first-down incompletion at the ankles of tight end Derek Schouman was a glaring example. He suggested his sore groin, which was bothering him from the early part of the game, was a factor. Edwards figures to be very questionable for Sunday's game against Miami.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/509343.html

Edwards said his groin started bothering him before the game and got worse the longer he played. His day ended when he scrambled to avoid pressure on the last play of the first half.
"I was trying to work through it after the first couple of series," Edwards said. "I got knocked down a couple of times and tried to get back up and work through it. It was just kind of aggravating it here and there a little bit more throughout the course of the game and at the end of the first half on that last kind of rollout was when it really put it over the top for me. I came back in here and was talking to our trainers and talking to our coaches and was telling them what I was going through. We made the call to just shut it down."
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/509592.html

That's too elaborate to be a lie.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Wouldn't Trent have limped during the game at least once if his groin hurt? I didn't see him limp at all.

OpIv37
12-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Wouldn't Trent have limped during the game at least once if his groin hurt? I didn't see him limp at all.

just another excuse from this team, like when they blamed the headsets for all the wasted timeouts against Cleveland.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Trent is injured but it's not physical. His groin injury is all about losing his balls again. The entire team has lost it's balls .

What do you expect when the philosophy of Dick is ball control instead of stepping on throats. Dicks philosophy is backed up by an OC with the same mentallity. No wonder why Turk was a back up his entire career. He has no balls so in effect the entire team has a groin injury.

BTW, Go JP. I wish him luck if he starts vs. Miami.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Even if it was an excuse, Dick still looks like an idiot. Let's assume Trent really was hurt. Dick said that he was hurting all game and "maybe we should've pulled him sooner". Soooo, if there isn't an injury it's a bad decision by Dick. If there was an injury he STILL waited too long to pull him out. He is terrible all the way around.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I thought it was fishy at the time, but they talk about it pretty extensively in today's paper.

Edwards looked uncharacteristically off target on three or four of his first-half throws. A first-down incompletion at the ankles of tight end Derek Schouman was a glaring example. He suggested his sore groin, which was bothering him from the early part of the game, was a factor. Edwards figures to be very questionable for Sunday's game against Miami.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/509343.html

Edwards said his groin started bothering him before the game and got worse the longer he played. His day ended when he scrambled to avoid pressure on the last play of the first half.
"I was trying to work through it after the first couple of series," Edwards said. "I got knocked down a couple of times and tried to get back up and work through it. It was just kind of aggravating it here and there a little bit more throughout the course of the game and at the end of the first half on that last kind of rollout was when it really put it over the top for me. I came back in here and was talking to our trainers and talking to our coaches and was telling them what I was going through. We made the call to just shut it down."
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/509592.html

That's too elaborate to be a lie.Look at philagape make excuses.

First it's the concussion that made him throw badly against the browns , now it's the groin.

Will Trent ever have an injury free season? Will he ever learn to play in the cold?

Typ0
12-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Look at philagape make excuses.

First it's the concussion that made him throw badly against the browns , now it's the groin.

Will Trent ever have an injury free season? Will he ever learn to play in the cold?

maybe not...but their insistance of having a broken TE in there speaks volumes about their confidence in JP doesn't it?

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
maybe not...but their insistance of having a broken TE in there speaks volumes about their confidence in JP doesn't it?

Look around and you'll see that nobody cares about what this coaching staff thinks anymore. I don't give a rats ass about who they have confidence in. As a matter of fact, Trent himself is pointing fingers at the coaches. Evans is also pointing fingers . Hows that for confidence in the coaches you say have a winning attitude?

You're probably the only one who still thinks this coaching staff has a winning mentallity even though they're losing to crappy teams. "but they have confidence in Trent instead of JP" , you can keep following idiots all you want.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Look around and you'll see that nobody cares about what this coaching staff thinks anymore. I don't give a rats ass about who they have confidence in. As a matter of fact, Trent himself is pointing fingers at the coaches. Evans is also pointing fingers . Hows that for confidence in the coaches you say have a winning attitude?

You're probably the only one who still thinks this coaching staff has a winning mentallity even though they're losing to crappy teams. "but they have confidence in Trent instead of JP" , you can keep following idiots all you want.

I do think this staff has built a winning culture and been victimized by bad QB play. It's funny how when the QB plays well we get wins and when we get crap from that position we don't. That's not to say the staff doesn't have their responsibility in this mess because they do...but it's not as bad as the impact of the poor QB play.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 09:46 AM
I do think this staff has built a winning culture . :rofl: We can't beat crappy teams and we have a winning cutlture? JUst say no to drugs!!!

This coaching staff hand picked the qb. If they can't get that right then they can't have a winning culture.

acehole
12-01-2008, 09:48 AM

Well I said last year he was injury prone and I do believe I was right.
If he got benched for his injury or not...Juron could just be pushing edwards.

Possible he just doesnt like the cold...

Either way we are exposed and done for the year...what a waste.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Trent is about as injuried as JP was in his second year when he was benched.

Boomstick
12-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, from experience, you don't limp with a groin injury. And yeah it can be sore as hell the day its aggravated but its the days following that are the biggest pain.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Look at philagape make excuses.

making excuses??? he's using a link from what he read. it pathetic Lickers like you who sparks this incident with your babbling BS because you know you've been wrong for 5 years. that's why we continue to laugh at you, moron. :rolleyes:

PECKERWOOD
12-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Trent is about as injuried as JP was in his second year when he was benched.

I agree, I was at the game and Trent didn't walk with a limp at all. I saw him standing on the sidelines for the entire second half, he seemed OK, then. I think that Dick jauron made up the injury so he wouldn't be criticized for putting Losman in. The "injury" also makes it convenient for Jauron to put Edwards back in once Losman, obviously starts to stink it up again. It's such a shame, the QB carousel is starting again. :ill:

BTW, my major concern of Trent has been his injury history, he hasn't finished a full season healthy in his career.. HOWEVER, with that said, he was NOT injured this Sunday. He made questionable calls and I'm beginning to question whether or not he has a big enough cannon to throw the ball in the RWS late in the year.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
making excuses??? he's using a link from what he read. it pathetic Lickers like you who sparks this incident with your babbling BS because you know you've been wrong for 5 years. that's why we continue to laugh at you, moron. :rolleyes:

:lolpoint:

Michael82
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
I agree with others....the injury seemed like too much of a coincidence for Dick to make the move and it's another reason why Dick needs to go.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 01:30 PM
it's sad that people are so stupid to believe TE and DJ fabricated this injury to make the move to JP Losman. What a joke that is.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:34 PM
it's sad that people are so stupid to believe TE and DJ fabricated this injury to make the move to JP Losman. What a joke that is.

Jauron has the history of switching qb's. He did it last year. He said that Trent is the future and then benched him in favor of Losman until he played badly again.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Jauron has the history of switching qb's. He did it last year. He said that Trent is the future and then benched him in favor of Losman until he played badly again.

and he never fabricated an injury story around it...so why did he do it this time? He didn't and to suggest he did is silly.

HHURRICANE
12-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I gotta believe that even Jaruon knows that they have little chance of winning a game with JP back there so I'm leaning towards the simple fact that he was injured and just tried to tough through it.

There is no way that they could believe a change at QB was going to win them the game. No way.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
and he never fabricated an injury story around it...so why did he do it this time? He didn't and to suggest he did is silly.
my point is that Dick will go against his own word. While I don't think he fabricated the injury, I wouldn't put it passed him to do so. He's not a straight shooter like you hope he is especially now that his job is on the line.

He's too clueless to know anything that has to do with the O anyways. He's proven that his entire career.

Michael82
12-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I gotta believe that even Jaruon knows that they have little chance of winning a game with JP back there so I'm leaning towards the simple fact that he was injured and just tried to tough through it.

There is no way that they could believe a change at QB was going to win them the game. No way.
Ask a Bears fan about Dick Jauron and if they believe he would do something like this. I bet you would be surprised with the answer.