PDA

View Full Version : JP Post game comment

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 08:36 AM
In his post game discussion, he refused to "throw anyone under the bus" and said it was all internal when he was asked if the offensive play calls have been coming in late all this year since the team frequently gets to the line with 10 seconds, and rarely has enough time to audible out of them or make line adjustments. They seem to be comfortable burnings TO's instead.

I found that really interesting since both QB's have this issue effect them. What's Turk's deal? He doesn't have a running play on 4th and 2 with the season on the line in the redzone? He's trusting JP, with no practice, no skills, in a rainy game?

Also interesting is that at the beginning of the season, the team made a point of praising Dick Jauron. Now you hardly hear a peep. You don't hear anything like, "he's our coach and we're going to play hard for him."

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 09:09 AM
this team is a mess.

the starting qb is already pointing fingers . Dick lost his players.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't see any way Dick is back next year unless he did sign the extension and it just wasn't reported (which I doubt).

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Doesn't Turk have a mic that is hooked up to Trent's helmet? Also doesn't Turk think about the next play as the current play is running?

There is no excuse for plays being called in late in this era of football.

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Doesn't Turk have a mic that is hooked up to Trent's helmet? Also doesn't Turk think about the next play as the current play is running?

There is no excuse for plays being called in late in this era of football.

I think (and could be wrong) that for some unknown reason they use AVP as a go-between when sending in plays.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I think (and could be wrong) that for some unknown reason they use AVP as a go-between when sending in plays.

That's just stupid.

Forward_Lateral
12-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Doesn't Jauron have to approve the play? Maybe that's the problem, the play goes to Dick, and he sends it in? I don't know.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 10:22 AM

is this something that you're observing from being at the game?

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2008, 10:27 AM
is this something that you're observing from being at the game?

I thought I heard that on a post-game show.

But sometimes bourbon confuses my brain.

BTW, STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night Train
12-01-2008, 10:32 AM
In his post game discussion, he refused to "throw anyone under the bus" and said it was all internal when he was asked if the offensive play calls have been coming in late all this year since the team frequently gets to the line with 10 seconds, and rarely has enough time to audible out of them or make line adjustments. They seem to be comfortable burnings TO's instead.

I heard his presser while driving home from the game.

My initial thought was the press knew he's capable of letting something fly without thinking and were trying to bait him. I half expected him to say something they could have a field day with.

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 10:36 AM
All I heard him say in the conference was about the team had to quit making mistakes. Some of them mentioned was dumb penalties and dropped passes...he didn't mention other dumb mistakes like holding on to the ball too long and missing a wide-open Evans in the endzone for the tying TD.

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 10:38 AM
yeah, and JP handled it well. he seemed like he was a little rowdy and wanted to answer some more questions and start deflecting them to the coaching staff. he has no worries about this team one way or the other at the end of the season.

at this point, i'd like to see a little no huddle and see Trent just pick plays that he's comfortable with so that he can get the team to the line, see the defense, make his reads with more time so that he can make adjustments in the second half.

Also, in terms of bad OC calls, i like that they run the wildcat play with edwards out as a receiver after they know he has a tweaked groin. They should have just smashed the ball down their throat.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 10:40 AM
BTW, STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had to throw that in there, didn't you?

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Jp doesn't give a ****. He is just talking the talk because he is out of here next year.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Jp doesn't give a ****. He is just talking the talk because he is out of here next year.

HIs luck is about to change.

In the meantime Lee is stuck with the bills organization and is likely to have the same faith as his mentor MOulds. Lee should've left and maybe he'd would have a better shot at having a HOF career.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 10:43 AM

CFL OR BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 10:45 AM
All I heard him say in the conference was about the team had to quit making mistakes. Some of them mentioned was dumb penalties and dropped passes...he didn't mention other dumb mistakes like holding on to the ball too long and missing a wide-open Evans in the endzone for the tying TD.

Of course not. The dude has never taken responsibility for his own shortcomings.

It's always someone else at fault...or Yoda!

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
HIs luck is about to change.

Yeah, I think its going to get worse. He talks like he is going to go out and ressurect his career and become a starter and an All-Pro. I think what is really going to happen is that the rest of the League will see how incompetent he is also and instead of being a backup, of which he is barely adequate, he will be taking orders at some drive-thru at Taco Bell by next year.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I think its going to get worse. He talks like he is going to go out and ressurect his career and become a starter and an All-Pro. I think what is really going to happen is that the rest of the League will see how incompetent he is also and instead of being a backup, of which he is barely adequate, he will be taking orders at some drive-thru at Taco Bell by next year.

If Joey Harrington can get multiple chances in this league JP Losman will at least get one more shot. QB's almost always get a second chance.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I think its going to get worse. He talks like he is going to go out and ressurect his career and become a starter and an All-Pro. I think what is really going to happen is that the rest of the League will see how incompetent he is also and instead of being a backup, of which he is barely adequate, he will be taking orders at some drive-thru at Taco Bell by next year. He could either be a Rob Johnson or a Flutie. Eitherways you're never gonna find out until you leave the bills oraganization who's done nothing lately but ruin players careers. Ask Spikes.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Dick doesn't know dick

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:05 AM
He could either be a Rob Johnson or a Flutie. Eitherways you're never gonna find out until you leave the bills oraganization who's done nothing lately but ruin players careers. Ask Spikes.

Yes, the Bills ruined his career because he got a career threatening injury.

Did the Bills ruin Sam Cowart's career too?

Did the Browns ruin Jamir Miller's career?

How about this one...did LT or the Redskins ruin Joe Theismann's career?

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 11:05 AM
He could either be a Rob Johnson or a Flutie. Eitherways you're never gonna find out until you leave the bills oraganization who's done nothing lately but ruin players careers. Ask Spikes.
Agreed.

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 11:06 AM
i have not been a big supporter of JP's in the tail end of his bills career. so i'll preface that before my statement.

JP has been a QB that has shown he needs good coaching, quality receivers and a great line. Teams that have that, don't really need a QB. So chances are he'll either end up a back up on a team like that. And if that works for him, great. But if he wants to be a starter, there are only a couple teams that are going to want to take someone else's garbage instead of a top pick QB to motivate the fanbase. And if he does get on with a chance to start, he won't have any luxuries like coaching, WR, or OL. We've seen how he plays without those luxuries. It's not too good.

That all being said, i didn't really think he played too poorly versus the 49ers. He was still throwing short passes high. He still threw under 100 yards since he didn't complete the long pass. But his sacks and lack of getting the ball out wasn't on his shoulders. no one was open on his initial reads. Trent's going through the same issues. And then they handcuffed jp with a pass oriented offense when running was getting close to 8 yards a carry for Marshawn. So the loss really wasn't his alone.

But i don't think the changing of scenery is going to do much for him. If i'm wrong, i'll be happy to admit that next year if that's the case.

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Jp will be playing for the Lions next year, filling in for Culpepper after she gets hurt again.

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 11:15 AM
why wouldn't the lions draft a real QB? The fan base has been subjected to zero wins and a rotation of hasbeen QB's. ARe they really going to show up for another QB that isn't good enough to start for a bad team?

think if the roles were reversed. would you want the Back up on the lions after going 0-16 or 1-15 and the lions were 6-10 for the 8th straight year? Or would you rather get the hot shot 1st rounder.

but maybe JP succeeds with a crop of quality WR's that the lions have. but their coaching is suspect

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Jp will be playing for the Lions next year, filling in for Culpepper after she gets hurt again.

Lions will likely draft Matthew Stafford.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Yes, the Bills ruined his career because he got a career threatening injury.

Did the Bills ruin Sam Cowart's career too?

Did the Browns ruin Jamir Miller's career?

How about this one...did LT or the Redskins ruin Joe Theismann's career?
if you can't read between the lines, I wasn't talking about injuries. I'm talking about a players career going no where when you play for the bills lately. :rolleyes:

yordad
12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I think he handled the conference quite well. You can tell he is biting his tongue and trying to be a good teammate. It is clear he plans to move on after this year. He looked like a guy who was stuck in traffic while late for work, but he realized there was nothing he could do to speed up traffic so he is at peace with being late. He is already late, no sence being upset about it. The sense of "it is out of my hands, all I can do is cope". I think he is coping well.

He was saying this is just a bump in the road and he plans on having a long career.

What did yall want him to do (?), say "Yeah, I think I'm the better QB. I think if we started me we would have won. I think yall screwed up royally because I'm going onto bigger, better things at years end. Oh, the play calling really, really sucks".

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
:z:

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
if you can't read between the lines, I wasn't talking about injuries. I'm talking about a players career going no where when you play for the bills lately. :rolleyes:

Going nowhere? Lee Evans just recently became the 4th highest paid WR in the league and is nowhere near top 10 WR talent.

He's going somewhere....to the bank...laughing that he and his entire family are set for the next 200 years.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Going nowhere? Lee Evans just recently became the 4th highest paid WR in the league and is nowhere near top 10 WR talent.

He's going somewhere....to the bank...laughing that he and his entire family are set for the next 200 years.

I wasn't talking about the bank either. :rolleyes:

Church got it.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 11:49 AM

That's because they draft players who end up to be bad. How many ex-Bills went on to be stars elsewhere?

Mahdi
12-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I heard something similar to that actually. It does go through AVP. If you listen to the post game PC after the KC game when they address Turk calling plays from upstairs Jauron mentions how although Turk is upstairs the play calling will continue going through AVP.

Mahdi
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM

I think our team has bigger problems then our best receiver making market value contract money.

If we had decent QBing he would be worth what he has.

And I know what you are going to say... Atlanta had bad QBing last year and Roddy still played well.... Well you know whats funny... Atlanta's Qbing last year was better then what we have this year. Chris Redman was a vet who could throw deeper than 10 yards and threw with confidence. Redman finished with a 90.9 Qb rating.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I heard something similar to that actually. It does go through AVP. If you listen to the post game PC after the KC game when they address Turk calling plays from upstairs Jauron mentions how although Turk is upstairs the play calling will continue going through AVP.

That's stupid. Shouldn't the O Cord./QB want direct contact with each other? Plus it seem like a waste of time.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
That's because they draft players who end up to be bad. How many ex-Bills went on to be stars elsewhere?

Not stars but left and played better barring injuries like SPikes.

Didn't Drew become a probowl player with the cowboys? Gandy is definitely doing better than he did when he was here. Willis is doing better than when he was here.

Fletcher is doing better than when he was here.

BB could pick through our players and make them better.

Jan Reimers
12-01-2008, 12:09 PM
That would be a perfect marriage of chronic losers.