PDA

View Full Version : Gee, I'm really glad...

DynaPaul
12-01-2008, 10:11 AM
...that I drove all the way in from Albany, paid $85 for a ticket, got a hotel room at a holiday rate, bought some Bills merch, and then sat in the cold November rain to watch this team lose to a pathetic 49ers club. Really made my weekend. It was so bad that half of my family went back to the car in the 3rd quarter but I stayed till the end. I think in terms of comparison that this game was just like that Pittsburgh game years ago where we needed to win to get in the playoffs and lost to their 2nd stringers. The Bills looked flat and unprepared. Everytime the 49ers got into a 3rd down situation it seemed as if they had a 15 yard pass play to get them out. The crowd was into but the Bills just laid a turd on the field in another "must win" game.

Well, since they aren't committed to winning I guess I'm not committed to giving a crap about them. I agree with most of the people on here that Jauron needs to go. Like a lot of you I felt queasy about even hiring this guy in the first place even though he was touted as the "next Marv Levy". Personally I'd rather have a screamer on the sidelines who holds the players accountable instead of some skeleton who says "there, there... you'll do better next play". We do have talent in place on this team except for serious upgrades needed on both lines and needing a real TE for once.

Also, I'm coming out and saying that I officially hate Aaron Schobel. This guy has a huge contract, we're talking game changer money, and hasn't done a thing. In fact, he hasn't even been on the field for half the season. Schobel is a slightly better than average DE at BEST and isn't near the elite so he shouldn't be paid like it. We don't need another loser DE who gets his sacks in garbage time or on accident. When we really need a play the guy is nowhere to be found. Now he's happy collecting his paycheck on the sidelines while the team goes swirling down the bowl. Thanks Aaron!

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 10:12 AM
who are you kidding? You'll be back for more punishment like the rest of us.

billsfanone
12-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I've been calling Schobel overrated for years. I call him garbage time. Since that's when all his sacks come in.

Tatonka
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM
i dont see how you can blame schobel for being hurt for the first time in his career. if anything, our pass rush has been so bad without him, that you should be even more aware at how good he is.

you should be mad that we resigned kelsay.

Mad Bomber
12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
The Bills looked flat and unprepared.
Even the announcers mentioned that. They said "The Bills look like the team that just traveled across the country, not the 49ers."

OpIv37
12-01-2008, 10:20 AM
i dont see how you can blame schobel for being hurt for the first time in his career. if anything, our pass rush has been so bad without him, that you should be even more aware at how good he is.

I agree that we can't blame Schobel for being injured, but it's still frustrating.

And the truth is that with Schobel, our pass rush is bad- maybe mediocre on a good day. Without him, it's just pathetic. So, having Schobel back would help, but the DL still needs work in the off-season with or without him.

DynaPaul
12-01-2008, 11:32 AM

I more blame him for being overpaid than being hurt. It seems like the last 2 years all of these high profile players on our team are hurt the majority of the season. Why is that? Is it a lack of conditioning? Cakewalk training camp? Really bad luck? Or are the injuries not as extensive as reported?

The pass rush hasn't been stellar with Schobel in there so I'm not really missing the guy. I think most of the pass rush is generated by Stroud anyway.

Schobel is the vanilla Marcellus Wiley.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 11:34 AM
...that I drove all the way in from Albany, paid $85 for a ticket, got a hotel room at a holiday rate, bought some Bills merch, and then sat in the cold November rain to watch this team lose to a pathetic 49ers club. Really made my weekend. It was so bad that half of my family went back to the car in the 3rd quarter but I stayed till the end. I think in terms of comparison that this game was just like that Pittsburgh game years ago where we needed to win to get in the playoffs and lost to their 2nd stringers. The Bills looked flat and unprepared. Everytime the 49ers got into a 3rd down situation it seemed as if they had a 15 yard pass play to get them out. The crowd was into but the Bills just laid a turd on the field in another "must win" game.

Well, since they aren't committed to winning I guess I'm not committed to giving a crap about them. I agree with most of the people on here that Jauron needs to go. Like a lot of you I felt queasy about even hiring this guy in the first place even though he was touted as the "next Marv Levy". Personally I'd rather have a screamer on the sidelines who holds the players accountable instead of some skeleton who says "there, there... you'll do better next play". We do have talent in place on this team except for serious upgrades needed on both lines and needing a real TE for once.

Also, I'm coming out and saying that I officially hate Aaron Schobel. This guy has a huge contract, we're talking game changer money, and hasn't done a thing. In fact, he hasn't even been on the field for half the season. Schobel is a slightly better than average DE at BEST and isn't near the elite so he shouldn't be paid like it. We don't need another loser DE who gets his sacks in garbage time or on accident. When we really need a play the guy is nowhere to be found. Now he's happy collecting his paycheck on the sidelines while the team goes swirling down the bowl. Thanks Aaron!

so.... uh.... how were the chicken wings?

DynaPaul
12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
so.... uh.... how were the chicken wings?

We went to Duff's after the game and they were great! Our waitress sucked though.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
We went to Duff's after the game and they were great!

not all was lost then.

Bockcity
12-01-2008, 12:00 PM
You paid $85 bucks to watch the Bills play...why???

Jan Reimers
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
We went to Duff's after the game and they were great! Our waitress sucked though.
That could be a good thing, under the right circumstances.