PDA

View Full Version : I like when the loss's make me laugh

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
every year for the last 9 years, there is a point in the season, when you inevitably face the truth of no playoffs, and you are watching to see just how bad the team can be. And that badness makes you laugh instead of makes you angry. the 49ers game was that game for me this year.

The bad plays, the stupid penalities, the time outs, all of it. it no longer makes you mad. instead you start (accurately) predicting the next major blunder. i got the "shorter than an extra point" miss by Fancy I correct. And then my dad and i just ripped on the team from the top down on each play. we were laughing and very happy. which is not how we are when the season is hanging in the balance.

EVery angle, there was something so pathetically weak about this team. and instead of crippling us with long nights of agony after a loss, i'm now freed to enjoy the badness while its happening.

Does anyone else experience this?

Pride
12-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Fully agree! The end of the Cleveland game is when it started for me. The KC game was just a mirage though.

gil
12-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Absolutely - it's actually kind of soothing - you can almost relax and watch the rest of the games without any of that silly "hope" or "pride".

Not to mention, there's lots more seats at the bar as the weeks go on.

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Absolutely - it's actually kind of soothing - you can almost relax and watch the rest of the games without any of that silly "hope" or "pride".

Not to mention, there's lots more seats at the bar as the weeks go on.

actually i still wear the jersey to the bar in NYC, so i still take a beating with jets fans and patriot fans talking smack. that part never goes away, but at least they let me watch the game in peace.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
the back to back 2-14 seasons don't feel as bad lately.

DynaPaul
12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
every year for the last 9 years, there is a point in the season, when you inevitably face the truth of no playoffs, and you are watching to see just how bad the team can be. And that badness makes you laugh instead of makes you angry. the 49ers game was that game for me this year.

The bad plays, the stupid penalities, the time outs, all of it. it no longer makes you mad. instead you start (accurately) predicting the next major blunder. i got the "shorter than an extra point" miss by Fancy I correct. And then my dad and i just ripped on the team from the top down on each play. we were laughing and very happy. which is not how we are when the season is hanging in the balance.

EVery angle, there was something so pathetically weak about this team. and instead of crippling us with long nights of agony after a loss, i'm now freed to enjoy the badness while its happening.

Does anyone else experience this?

Absolutely. I went to that Saturday night Denver game sometime back when Donahoe was in charge and we were having a ball watching them screw up. Our favorite prediction was the draw play. They'd always seem to call that and get nothing everytime. It got so bad that we'd be like "It's 3rd and 15. What should we call? DRAW PLAY!" The rest of the season will be like that for me. I guess it's just a self-defense system to deal with the disappointment.

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
it makes you wonder why we aren't more cynical earlier. if i could have this disposition with the bills during hte middle of the season, i really would have been quite ok with the meltdown.

This team is run by hank paulson. They say one thing is an issue one weak, then say its something completely different.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Sad to say I have been laughing since the Bills traded for Rob Johnson.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
After the NE i knew it was over.