PDA

View Full Version : If DJ goes, who do you want?

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
My answer is obvious but won't happen. The way I see it, there are only about 3 or 4 acceptable choices. The rest would just start the cycle of rebuilding and losing again.

Who would you guys like to see come in?

blackonyx89
12-01-2008, 11:13 AM
My answer is obvious but won't happen. The way I see it, there are only about 3 or 4 acceptable choices. The rest would just start the cycle of rebuilding and losing again.

Not another lame duck butt kisser.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Realistic choices...

Rex Ryan or Marty.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Realistic choices...

Rex Ryan or Marty.

Marty is on my short list of acceptable people.

trapezeus
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
i'm rooting for Turner Gil if we must go cheap and unproven again.

if not, i'd like to see russ brandon be a yes man to anything and everything Bill cowher suggests.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 11:18 AM
The rest would just start the cycle of rebuilding and losing again.

and that's where we will be and why we need to give DJ another offseason to fix this mess himself. If he gets a vet QB in here that plays well we might win more games!

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Marty is on my short list of acceptable people.

Marty is on my extremely short list of Romeo Crennel replacements.

It's him or Cowher.

Rex Ryan would fit us though, give an aspiring promising coordinator a shot at the top spot. Plus Ryan is another defensive guru who runs he 3-4.

So the only problem with Ryan here would be we'd go through 2-3 years of just as bad if not worse defense while getting the pieces to run it properly.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM

if not, i'd like to see russ brandon be a yes man to anything and everything Bill cowher suggests.

I've said a million times that Bill Cowher would be the best choice possible. However, I don't see it happening for multiple reasons. He'll end up in Cleveland and everyone will see how the Browns become respectable again.

chernobylwraiths

Bill or Marty for sure!

How about Parcells so that he could finish the AFC East.

Dr. Lecter
I could see Fassel or Billick come in, whether we want either or not.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I wonder if we'll give Haslett an interview.

Easy way to follow the Rooney rule...Interview RAC!

Just don't hire him.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Marty is on my extremely short list of Romeo Crennel replacements.

It's him or Cowher.

Rex Ryan would fit us though, give an aspiring promising coordinator a shot at the top spot. Plus Ryan is another defensive guru who runs he 3-4.

So the only problem with Ryan here would be we'd go through 2-3 years of just as bad if not worse defense while getting the pieces to run it properly.

Cowher and Marty are my list. I decided to open it up a little more because those two are highly unlikely but there aren't many others I'd like to see in Buffalo. I just started talking myself into others so I'm not let down again in the off-season.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I could see Fassel or Billick come in, whether we want either or not.

I forgot about those guys. I could think of several worse people before them actually.

chernobylwraiths
12-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Marty at least played here at one time. Maybe he still has fond memories. :pray:

RockStar36
I wonder if we'll give Haslett an interview.

Easy way to follow the Rooney rule...Interview RAC!

Just don't hire him.

Yes they will give Haslett an interview and yes, people will want him because of his Buffalo connections (like that means anything right now).

As for the Rooney rule, that would probably be filled with another James Lofton interview.

chernobylwraiths
How come nobody is mentioning Charlie Wiess?

Mr. Pink
Cowher and Marty are my list. I decided to open it up a little more because those two are highly unlikely but there aren't many others I'd like to see in Buffalo. I just started talking myself into others so I'm not let down again in the off-season.

I honestly think Marty could be brought in...he used to play here so he has roots here. Unless him and Ralphie butted heads while he played here, it should be an easy sell to bring him in.

Or, if he's done with coaching.

If he is, Rex Ryan wouldn't be too terrible, IMO.

And I don't think Cowher is a possibility here...Cleveland will throw a TON of money at him, and if not Cleveland, someone else will. I just don't see Ralphie wanting to spend around 8 mill for a coach.

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Marty at least played here at one time. Maybe he still has fond memories. :pray:

He used to hang out Brunners!!!

I'll get working on him!

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I honestly think Marty could be brought in...he used to play here so he has roots here. Unless him and Ralphie butted heads while he played here, it should be an easy sell to bring him in.

Or, if he's done with coaching.

If he is, Rex Ryan wouldn't be too terrible, IMO.

And I don't think Cowher is a possibility here...Cleveland will throw a TON of money at him, and if not Cleveland, someone else will. I just don't see Ralphie wanting to spend around 8 mill for a coach.

That's my point with Cowher. Not to mention people have been talking about Cowher in Cleveland since the day he left Pittsburgh. I read this morning that he has been house shopping in Cleveland.

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2008, 11:24 AM
How come nobody is mentioning Charlie Wiess?

Because he sucks too?

mchurchfie
Cowher is my top choice but the only way that you will see him end up here is if he is offered a boatload of money and power. The chances of that happening as long as Ralph is alive are slim and none and I think slim just left the ****ing building. I would be very interested in seeing the defensive coordinator from the Giants get an interview.

tat2dmike77
and that's where we will be and why we need to give DJ another offseason to fix this mess himself. If he gets a vet QB in here that plays well we might win more games!

HOW MANY FREAKIN CHANCES DO WANT TO GIVE THIS BAFOON?

Seriouslly how many chances do you want him to prove that he will screw things up time after time after time after time? How many times do we have to deal with nothing but optimistic thoughts only to have jauron crap all over them with his dimwitted game plans and stupidity use of time outs.

It's always well if he gets this guy and he gets this that guy things will be different. He got the RB that everyone said he needed and have things change no. He got the overpaid fat ass lineman that he needed and now none of them know how to block. He got the big receiver in the draft and the kid rarely sees the field. He got two good LB's in mitchell and poz but they are ineffective. He got anther young CB but he has been average at best. So what is it what more can we give this bafoon? How many more chances does this guy need.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
That's my point with Cowher. Not to mention people have been talking about Cowher in Cleveland since the day he left Pittsburgh. I read this morning that he has been house shopping in Cleveland.

I've heard that for a couple months now. Affluent suburb they were talking about him moving into as well. Nothing confirmed on it though.

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Another problem with Cowher is that he will likely demand the power to be GM and coach and that NEVER works out.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 11:26 AM
anybody up for Ingtar or Coach Sal? they can't be any worse than the coaches we had since Marv Levy.

tat2dmike77
Cowher is my top choice but the only way that you will see him end up here is if he is offered a boatload of money and power. The chances of that happening as long as Ralph is alive are slim and none and I think slim just left the ****ing building. I would be very interested in seeing the defensive coordinator from the Giants get an interview.

Oh he would get an interview but not a hire he would command to much money and pennypintcher wilson will not fork out a large amount of money.

chernobylwraiths
Because he sucks too?

That's only because he has to coach sucky ND.

:D

Stewie
12-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I want Marty, but I'm sure we'll hire someone no one else wants, like Fassel

Typ0
12-01-2008, 11:31 AM
HOW MANY FREAKIN CHANCES DO WANT TO GIVE THIS BAFOON?

what's the difference though...Ralph Wilson would just hire another loser. So give this loser a shot at turning things around instead of keeping up this endless revolving door of staffs that is guranteeing us to get no where.

paladin warrior
12-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Jimmy Johnson.Billick. Jim kelly

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:35 AM
what's the difference though...Ralph Wilson would just hire another loser. So give this loser a shot at turning things around instead of keeping up this endless revolving door of staffs that is guranteeing us to get no where.

I do like this point to a certain extent.

If all we end up doing is going out and getting some bum like Gunther Cunningham for example, I'd rather stick with Jauron.

Now if we're going out and getting a Marty, Rex Ryan, Jim Fassell, Cowher, it's a different story entirely.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 11:36 AM

Yeah thats the attitude to have. Keep this loser around cause nothing will change. Well nothing will change if this bafoon stays here.

Everyone laughed at Washingtons hire but look at that team. I would rather see someone come in and atleast have a glimmer of hope than put up with this bafoon and his awesome game planning and management.

DynaPaul
12-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Bill Cowher, Bobby April, or Jerry Glanville.

Just kidding about that last one.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I do like this point to a certain extent.

If all we end up doing is going out and getting some bum like Gunther Cunningham for example, I'd rather stick with Jauron.

Now if we're going out and getting a Marty, Rex Ryan, Jim Fassell, Cowher, it's a different story entirely.

I highly doubt we're going to get a proven winner...so just give DJ another shot to make sure his philosophy is crap...and then move on to the next loser.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Jimmy Johnson.Billick. Jim kelly

JJ won't step a foot North of the Mason-Dixon Line. i like the Billick idea though. i don't know about Kelly.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
If he gets a vet QB in here that plays well we might win more games!I don't trust him to know what a good qb is since he's proven his entire headcoaching career that he doesn't have a clue how to build a decent O.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
How many years is it going to take before people realize Jauron isn't a good coach? What's the point of giving him another year in Buffalo? He is at the end of his contract. He either re-signs for multiple years or he is gone. One more year isn't really going to work. Things need to change NOW.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 11:41 AM
How many years is it going to take before people realize Jauron isn't a good coach? What's the point of giving him another year in Buffalo? He is at the end of his contract. He either re-signs for multiple years or he is gone. One more year isn't really going to work. Things need to change NOW.

Apparentlly 5 or 6 years

Jeff1220
12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Another problem with Cowher is that he will likely demand the power to be GM and coach and that NEVER works out.

It worked okay for Cowher in Pittsburgh after TD left.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Pete Carroll

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Pete Carroll

That's the most intriguing choice I've seen mentioned yet.

Thing is he didn't look good in his first go round at the NFL level.

And some college coaches just can't hack it at this level....Saban, Holtz, Butch Davis, Spurrier.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 11:51 AM
No way to a college guy. Carroll is fine at USC.

Luisito23
12-01-2008, 11:54 AM
MARTY!!!

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Marty here, Cowher in Cleveland...see you in January to decide who's going to the SB in the next three years.

TacklingDummy
That's the most intriguing choice I've seen mentioned yet.

Thing is he didn't look good in his first go round at the NFL level.

Bellicheck didn't look so good his first time as coach in Cleveland.
Johnson didn't look so well in Miami.
Levy didn't do all that great in KC before coming to Buffalo.
Joe Torre didn't do all that well in St. Louis before coming to NY.

When those coaches got talent around them they won. Big surprise there, huh?

etc...

Get player talent in here and Carroll could win. So could alot of other coaches though.

tat2dmike77
Pete Carroll

Why would he leave a good thing? He lives in SOCAL has a program that is dominant year in and year out. I'm sure he is treated like a king in SOCAL. So why would he come back to the NFL where he bombed?

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 11:59 AM
And some college coaches just can't hack it at this level....Saban, Holtz, Butch Davis, Spurrier.

Could any coach made a difference in Miami, Cleveland, Washington, or NY at the time? Those teamed lacked a lot of player talent.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 12:00 PM
So why would he come back to the NFL where he bombed?

$$$ and respect?

DraftBoy
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Without a doubt my top choice is Steve Spagnuolo. He's a hell of a DC, is aggressive as a blitzer, gets the most out of his team and knows how to win. Plays a smash you in the face style of D.

Others:
Carroll
Sarkisian
Gill
Dave McGinnis (Tenn Asst HC/LB Coach)

I dont think Cowher or Marty are realistic choices here. I think Marty is more likely though.

Jan Reimers
12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Ralph. He's the friggin' genius behind this outstanding program.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Could any coach made a difference in Miami, Cleveland, Washington, or NY at the time? Those teamed lacked a lot of player talent.

Spurrier was the guy in Washington who made the decisions on the players...hence he had Danny Awful flinging the ball to Reidel Anthony. He tried to base an offense around what worked in FLA and found out it didn't work in the NFL.

Butch Davis loaded up for a one year run which got a wild card ousting to the Steelers. Then totally dismantled the team and found no decent replacements so he just threw up his hands and quit.

Can't say on Holtz or Carroll because I honestly don't remember.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Without a doubt my top choice is Steve Spagnuolo. He's a hell of a DC, is aggressive as a blitzer, gets the most out of his team and knows how to win. Plays a smash you in the face style of D.

Others:
Carroll
Sarkisian
Gill

I dont think Cowher or Marty are realistic choices here. I think Marty is more likely though.

What do you think of Rex Ryan or Brian Schoettenheimer or Jim Schwartz?

OpIv37
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM

Others:
Carroll
Sarkisian
Gill

Spagnuolo turned down the Skins' HC job last year- do you really think he would take ours?

As far as Carroll- he ruins my college season every year by winning at USC. I don't need him ruining my NFL season by losing in Buffalo.

I really don't know enough about the others to comment.

Chimpanze
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Im game with Marty!

I believe he could bring us to the playoffs. But in his contract I would have a clause that stipulates the moment he makes a TERRIBLE decision in the PLAYOFFS, INSTANT LOSS OF JOB!

Seriously, he has passion, fire, and is a knowledgeable coach. I dont know what happens in playoffs.

Anywho,

Cheers

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
$$$ and respect?

If you were coaching USC and had the respect and success he has and i am sure he is making big bucks there would you leave? I know i wouldn't

DraftBoy
12-01-2008, 12:05 PM
What do you think of Rex Ryan or Brian Schoettenheimer or Jim Schwartz?

I dont like the 3-4 with Ryan. I got no issue with Brian but what has he done to stand apart from others. And I dont really know enough Schwartz.

DraftBoy
12-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Spagnuolo turned down the Skins' HC job last year- do you really think he would take ours?

As far as Carroll- he ruins my college season every year by winning at USC. I don't need him ruining my NFL season by losing in Buffalo.

I really don't know enough about the others to comment.

Well the job in Washington gives you limited decision making ability thats not the case here. As bad as Ralph is, he's not a meddler like Snyder or Jones.

PECKERWOOD
12-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm done with Jauron, especially after he benched Trent like that by making up some bogus ailment.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm not worried about Marty's track record in the playoffs because just getting to the playoffs would be huge for Buffalo.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
If you were coaching USC and had the respect and success he has and i am sure he is making big bucks there would you leave? I know i wouldn't

Depends, it seems like a lot of coaches feel they have to go out and prove something.
Plus he could try and stick it to the Jets and Pats twice a year.

Personally I would stay at USC, the team is great, the money is great, the weather is great.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I dont like the 3-4 with Ryan. I got no issue with Brian but what has he done to stand apart from others. And I dont really know enough Schwartz.

Schwartz is the DC in Tennessee.

Ryan is one of the best, if not the best, 3-4 coordinators in the league today. Yes, I realize it would take a few years for him to fully implement his system.

Brian really hasn't stood out but he's getting near that time where it's his turn to make the next step.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Plus he could try and stick it to the Jets and Pats twice a year.

Still doesn't make sense to leave a team who is in contention for a national championship every season. Some coaches are great at the college level only and there is nothing wrong with that. Carroll is one of those coaches he is great at the college level and there is nothing wrong with that as long as he is happy. He lives in SOCAL where the weather is perfect he has players foaming at the mouth to play for him at USC. He dominates the PAC-10 every year and will almost always get a BCS bowl every year. So again why would he leave a good thing at USC just to "stick it" to the Jets and Pats. What does he have to prove?

DraftBoy
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Schwartz is the DC in Tennessee.

Ryan is one of the best, if not the best, 3-4 coordinators in the league today. Yes, I realize it would take a few years for him to fully implement his system.

Brian really hasn't stood out but he's getting near that time where it's his turn to make the next step.

That's right about Schwartz, I wouldnt mind that hire either. The only thing he doesnt have that McGinnis has is that he's not the Asst HC.

Its not that the 3-4 would take time to implement. I just don't like it as a scheme in general. Don't ask me why, I know its successful if done right. I just prefer the tradition 4-3 base with an aggressive attacking mentality like Schwartz or Spragunolo run. Big physical corners who can jam and run on the outside and safeties in the middle who will punish WR's and TE's.

I got no love for Brian, Im not interested in giving him a shot if he can't stand out as an OC.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
What does he have to prove?

What did Jimmy Johnson, Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, have to prove?

I agree with you that he probably would never leave.
Just wishful thinking on my part.

If he ever does come back to the NFL, I hope he has success wherever he goes. I've always liked the guy for some reason.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:16 PM
What did Jimmy Johnson, Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, have to prove?

I agree with you that he probably would never leave.
Just wishful thinking on my part.

If he ever does come back to the NFL, I hope he has success wherever he goes. I've always liked the guy for some reason.

Correct me if i am wrong because i am not sure. But those guys you mentioned was it not thier first stint in the NFL when they came to the league?

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:21 PM

No way...he's had 3 years to fix this and he isn't getting any better.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 12:22 PM

not better? According to typo he built winning culture.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:23 PM

Some Bills fans seem to think that he needs more time to fix the mess that he created.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:23 PM
The obvious choice would be Cowher, but not sure that is realistic. I wouldn't mind Marty if we couldn't get Cowher.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
not better? According to typo he built winning culture.

I know, I just don't get the people who actually think he has done well. What the hell are these people watching???

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Some Bills fans seem to think that he needs more time to fix the mess that he created.

It's pretty crazy, but you're right.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I know, I just don't get the people who actually think he has done well. What the hell are these people watching???

Dreams

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Correct me if i am wrong because i am not sure. But those guys you mentioned was it not thier first stint in the NFL when they came to the league?

Beats me.
Point is they all came back for something.

Pete could too. Doubt it though. It would take a lot of $$$ and complete control of the team to get him to come back. If I recall correctly one of his biggest complaints in NY/NE was the lack of control over players brought in.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:29 PM
It's pretty crazy, but you're right.

Crazy is not the word it's utterlly insane to think that this guy will fix anything. He will fix us right back into more losing seasons. Atleast when we had Williams the defense showed up. Everbody wanted him gone immediatlly but with this bafoon everyone wants to give chance after chance after chance because he had ONE 13-3 year. Oh yeah the guy has one good season and we just keep hoping it will happen again.

This is just like the JP, RJ, and Bledsoe experiments. Oh one more year and everything will change. Next year will be different you watch all we need is this guy or that guy and things will be different. What joke seriouslly Jaruon is a moron that is a proven loser but Bills fans want to believe that he is gold well guys i'm here to tell ya he is gold allright he is a turd wrapped in gold foil.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Crazy is not the word it's utterlly insane to think that this guy will fix anything. He will fix us right back into more losing seasons. Atleast when we had Williams the defense showed up. Everbody wanted him gone immediatlly but with this bafoon everyone wants to give chance after chance after chance because he had ONE 13-3 year. Oh yeah the guy has one good season and we just keep hoping it will happen again.

This is just like the JP, RJ, and Bledsoe experiments. Oh one more year and everything will change. Next year will be different you watch all we need is this guy or that guy and things will be different. What joke seriouslly Jaruon is a moron that is a proven loser but Bills fans want to believe that he is gold well guys i'm here to tell ya he is gold allright he is a turd wrapped in gold foil.

Just like what we'll see next year with the Trent experiment!

Typ0
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM

and he's still getting crappy play from the QB position. He inherited a loser that killed off his first two years...and now he's got a second year player in his first full season of starting that has played poorly at times and good at times...and the times he's played good we have won. That is looking to me like crappy QBing is the problem here!

Typ0
12-01-2008, 12:32 PM

I didn't say he was good...I said with our crappy ownership he's as good as we're going to get so why blow things up and change everything right now?

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM

I've hated the hire from day one. I've been waiting for the day when this franchise could actually rid itself of this guy and then try to find a real HC who can turn these players into a championship caliber team. Firing Dickey is the first step, but Ralphy NEEDS to get over not paying HCs and get a great coach in here. Ralphy has no problem over spending for mediocre players, why the hell won't he pay the big bucks to get a proven winner in here???

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
and he's still getting crappy play from the QB position. He inherited a loser that killed off his first two years...and now he's got a second year player in his first full season of starting that has played poorly at times and good at times...and the times he's played good we have won. That is looking to me like crappy QBing is the problem here!
thats his annointed Qb you're talking about. The qb Dick kept blabbing about how good he is blah,blah,blah. Trent is Dicks annointed QB who is now pointing fingers at the coaches.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Oh my God!!! He did not inherit this team! It's freakin' 3 years later...that excuse does fly anymore! Your logic is ridiculous! He built this team, he chose his QB (who I believe can still be good, just with a coach who knows what he's doing) and he continues to make stupid decisions on Sundays...please tell me what he has done to deserve more time? Oh yeah, he not only is not going to make the playoffs again, but he's going to have the distinction of being one of the few teams to start the season 5-1 and then not make the playoffs. Yeah, I can see why you'd want him. Come on, man...you have to be smarter then this?!?!

Typ0
12-01-2008, 12:38 PM
thats his annointed Qb you're talking about. The qb Dick kept blabbing about how good he is blah,blah,blah. Trent is Dicks annointed QB who is now pointing fingers at the coaches.

he's played poorly at times...but that does not mean he's a poor QB it will take another year at least to tell that. The kid has looked good enough at times to reasonably say the jury is still out on whether or not he will make it as an NFL QB...but that doesn't change the fact that crappy QB play cost us games not crappy coaching.

Mad Bomber

I'd like to see Marty Schottenheimer (fat chance) or Bill Cowher (fatter chance).

justasportsfan

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20153902,00.html

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
he's played poorly at times...but that does not mean he's a poor QB it will take another year at least to tell that. The kid has looked good enough at times to reasonably say the jury is still out on whether or not he will make it as an NFL QB...but that doesn't change the fact that crappy QB play cost us games not crappy coaching.

You're so wrong. Crappy coaching is a big reason why this team has looked like they are going backwards instead of forwards. Has the QB played poorly, yes, but the coaching has been just as bad.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 12:40 PM

the same can be said whether it was JP or Trent yet the results are the same.

Even when Trent was playing well that media was saying he should be an MVP candidate, we barely beat crappy teams in that 4-0 run. Thats because the offensive philosophy blows.

Sorry, this "play not to lose " philosophy sucks that we can't even beat crappy teams anymore.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 12:41 PM

OR...he has played well against some of the worst teams in the league and played bad against the middle tier teams in the league. Oh, and he has looked horrible against horrible teams as well.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 12:41 PM
You're so wrong. Crappy coaching is a big reason why this team has looked like they are going backwards instead of forwards. Has the QB played poorly, yes, but the coaching has been just as bad.

then why have we won every game where TE played well?

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:42 PM

Huh?

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 12:43 PM
except for KC , our opponents sucked and we beat them early in the season when they were injured.

When your qb is playing like a probowler, we shouldn't be coming from behind to beat crappy teams. If end up doing so, then it's not the qb, it's the offensive system that keeping the team from blowing away crappy teams.

See the KC game.

RockStar36

Because the combined records of those teams... 17-54

TacklingDummy

If the QB would have played better the coaching would look better.

Dick has to go but so does the GM. The GM is the one responsible for the players who are brought in.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
I didn't say he was good...I said with our crappy ownership he's as good as we're going to get so why blow things up and change everything right now?

I never said you said that.

I just don't get that thought. Oh well things suck now so we might as well stick with what sucks.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Because the combined records of those teams... 17-54

Exactly! Dickey NEVER beats good teams...NEVER! Thoughout his entire coaching career, this has been the case with this guy. Oh, that must be because of the QB...umm, right.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:45 PM

Dick has to go but so does the GM. The GM is the one responsible for the players who are brought in.

Yes, we do need a great GM also. That would go hand-in-hand with improving this organization.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Exactly! Dickey NEVER beats good teams...NEVER! Thoughout his entire coaching career, this has been the case with this guy. Oh, that must be because of the QB...umm, right.

That's one of the reasons.

The Bills have been missing a consistent pass rush long before Dick became the coach. Is that Dick's fault or the GM's fault?

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:47 PM

Because those teams are worse then us.

Seattle, jacksonville, oakland, St Louis, San Diego and KC yeah big time wins.

The 2008 Buffalo Bills nothing but Smoke and Mirrors.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM

The Bills have been missing a consistent pass rush long before Dick became the coach. Is that Dick's fault or the GM's fault?

Both...folks, let's not be ignorant and think that Dickey doesn't have a say in who is on this roster. It is both the GM and coach's job to get better talent and put it in position to be successful...he's never been able to do that, so that excuse doesn't fly.

tat2dmike77

Don't forget consistent pass protection and run blocking as well.

Typ0
Yes, we do need a great GM also. That would go hand-in-hand with improving this organization.

what we need is a new owner.

justasportsfan

it goes both ways.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
what we need is a new owner.

Now this I agree with.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Who did Dick have as QB's in Chicago? Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler, Rex Grossman, Jim Miller, Henry Burris, Shane Matthews, Cabe McNown, sorry but that pile of crap stinks worse than Losman/Edwards.

Typ0
it goes both ways.

yeah...they never should have spent so much time in practice teaching TE how to turn the ball over. That definately was poor coaching. They should have been working on teaching him how to move the ball downfield and instead they were teaching him how to turn the ball over. And calling an interception as a play is stupid coaching too.

RockStar36
I know I've established this year's record so we'll move on and I know TD says this in the sig but it is worth repeating.

In 2006 the Bills defeated the Dolphins (6-10), Vikings (6-10), Packers (8-8), Texans (6-10), Jags (8-8), Jets (10-6), and Dolphins (6-10).

That is ONE playoff team and ONE team with an above .500 record.

In 2007 the Bills defeated the Jets (4-12), Ravens (5-11), Jets (4-12), Bengals (7-9), Dolphins (1-15), Redskins (9-7), and Dolphins (1-15).

That is ONE playoff team and ONE team with an above .500 record.

Last season over 50% of the Bills wins came against the Jets and Dolphins who combined for a record of 5-27.

Seriously.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Who did Dick have as QB's in Chicago? Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler, Rex Grossman, Jim Miller, Henry Burris, Shane Matthews, Cabe McNown, sorry but that pile of crap stinks worse than Losman/Edwards.

exactly. Give TE a chance to mature into a decent QB before you throw DJ under the bus...at least another season.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 12:55 PM
exactly. Give TE a chance to mature into a decent QB before you throw DJ under the bus...at least another season.

There is always an excuse for Jauron. Always. It's beyond ridiculous.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 12:57 PM
There is always an excuse for Jauron. Always. It's beyond ridiculous.

it's not an excuse just an opportunity. We are going no where next year without him...so give him a chance and see what happens.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 01:00 PM
it's not an excuse just an opportunity. We are going no where next year without him...so give him a chance and see what happens.

He's had a million chances...HE'S NOT A GOOD HC!

Typ0
12-01-2008, 01:02 PM
He's had a million chances...HE'S NOT A GOOD HC!

TE is the first QB decision he's made...ever!

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Maybe if we give him enough chances he'll strike gold and have another 13-3 lucky ass season. I can't believe someone is actually defending this guy.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:04 PM
yeah...they never should have spent so much time in practice teaching TE how to turn the ball over. That definately was poor coaching. They should have been working on teaching him how to move the ball downfield and instead they were teaching him how to turn the ball over. And calling an interception as a play is stupid coaching too.
what they should've done is teach Trent how to play like a REAl football player just like what he did vs. KC. Instead they turned him back in a little pussy that played not to lose.

Lexwhat
12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I didn't feel like reading through 6 pages, so not sure if anyone mentioned him or not. My top choice is definitely Steve Spagnuolo (Giants Defensive Coordinator). He's from the Jim Johnson (Eagles) coaching tree. Where I live, there's a lot of hype about him, and he's highly respected.

If the Giants win the Super Bowl again this year, I think it's a lock for him to be a head coach next year. He'll be expensive though, as he's already making $2 million a year. As a head coach, he'll command at least $3 million a year. Ralph??

He turned down the Redskins job last year, but I have a feeling it was because both coordinators were already set. If Ralph was serious about winning, a Spagnuolo choice would be great, IMO.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:09 PM
puhlease. Even if he makes playoffs, he isn't a sb coach.

We didn't give Wade , GW and Mularkey 3 years. These guy didn't have Hcoaching experience unlike Dick and yet Mualrkey was at least able to lead us to 9-7 in his first year and we threw him under the bus. Wade never had a losing season here and we threw him under the bus.

You can live with mediocrity all you want. I'm done if we don't make playoffs this year.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
puhlease. Even if he makes playoffs, he isn't a sb coach.

We didn't give Wade , GW and Mularkey 3 years. These guy didn't have Hcoaching experience unlike Dick and yet Mualrkey was at least able to lead us to 9-7 in his first year and we threw him under the bus. Wade never had a losing season here and we threw him under the bus.

You can live with mediocrity all you want. I'm done if we don't make playoffs this year.

Wade was properly fired because he mismanaged the players. Just the comment about not being able to make the playoffs was enough to toss him to the wolves. There are other examples too. Wade never had a losing season because he had excellent talent on the team. But the talent was going to be gone and so was Wade.

Not really sure why GW was fired. Out of the whole lot I would say he may be the good one who got away but it remains to be seen if he will get another job and be successful.

Mularkey quit he was not fired.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
oh yeah....GW was fired because he insisted on keeping the people on his staff that he wanted on his staff...and RW gave him the ultimatum to fire Gilbride or get fired himself. Go figure.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 01:24 PM
it goes both ways.

No it doesn't.

If Tom Brady was here Dickey would look like the saviour.

Jim Kelly woulda made Kay Stephenson look like a good head coach.

Tony Dungy is a better coach in Indy than TB because of Peyton Manning.

Tom Coughlin was almost ran out of town in NY then Eli started playing competently and consistent.

Warren Moon made Jack Pardee look like a decent coach.

Meanwhile Todd Philcox made Belichick look like an idiot. Craig Erickson made Sam Wyche look incompetent. Brunnel made Gibbs look stupid. Mariucci with the 9ers looked good then he got stuck in Detroit in QB hell. Billick looked fine with Grbac and Cunningham and won with Dilfer but got canned because of Kyle Boller and Steve McNair.

A player makes the coach, especially the QB.

If you have a crappy QB, no matter who your coach is, the coach is gonna look like a fool. It's hard to set a winning gameplan when the guy who touches the ball every play is more of a liability than an asset.

User Manuel
12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Andy Reid if he is fired by Philly is A #1 on my list.

Brian Billick as my second option with Fassel and Bobby April being the darkhorse candidates

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Wade was properly fired because he mismanaged the players. .this is the 2nd time the players are pointing fingers at coaches under Dicks watch. Try paying attention.

Just the comment about not being able to make the playoffs was enough to toss him to the wolves. There are other examples too. Wade never had a losing season because he had excellent talent on the team. But the talent was going to be gone and so was Wade.

Not really sure why GW was fired. Out of the whole lot I would say he may be the good one who got away but it remains to be seen if he will get another job and be successful.

Mularkey quit he was not fired.we fans threw him under the bus.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:31 PM
No it doesn't.

Tom Coughlin was almost ran out of town in NY then Eli started playing competently and consistent.

Meanwhile Todd Philcox made Belichick look like an idiot. Craig Erickson made Sam Wyche look incompetent. Brunnel made Gibbs look stupid. Mariucci with the 9ers looked good then he got stuck in Detroit in QB hell. Billick looked fine with Grbac and Cunningham and won with Dilfer but got canned because of Kyle Boller and Steve McNair.

If you have a crappy QB, no matter who your coach is, the coach is gonna look like a fool. It's hard to set a winning gameplan when the guy who touches the ball every play is more of a liability than an asset.

yes it does. See the redskins all pro line-up that didn't win anything. Again, Argue witht he facts all you want.

Talent alone won't win you sb's, you need a coach to put things together.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
yes it does. See the redskins all pro line-up that didn't win anything. Again, Argue witht he facts all you want.

Talent alone won't win you sb's, you need a coach to put things together.

Yes, see their awesome QBs they've had too!

Patrick Ramsey - Bust
Brunnel - over the hill and done
Todd Collins - never was good
Jason Campbell - overrated

Is it hard to see why they haven't been successful? They haven't had a decent QB since Rypien.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes, see their awesome QBs they've had too!

Patrick Ramsey - Bust
Brunnel - over the hill and done
Todd Collins - never was good
Jason Campbell - overrated

Is it hard to see why they haven't been successful? They haven't had a decent QB since Rypien.
Who made those decisions to play those qb's. the GM? You'r way of thinking that the coaches don't have a say in the players that are picked then you are clueless. Why do you think they are at the combine? Why do you think Turk interviewed Trent?

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Who made those decisions to play those qb's. the GM? You'r way of thinking that the coaches don't have a say in the players that are picked then you are clueless. Why do you think they are at the combine? Why do you think Turk interviewed Trent?

Marv Levy hand picked Trent based on Bill Walsh's recommendation...in case you forgot.

Dick had no say in Trent nor the prior regime's garbage in Losman.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 01:39 PM

Tony Dungy was known as a defensive coach before he came to Indy. The Colts have never played defense like Tampa Bay.

Brian Billick was known for offense. He goes to Baltimore and the defense is great.

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM

:hi5::up:

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Marv Levy hand picked Trent based on Bill Walsh's recommendation...in case you forgot.

get your facts straight. You are clueless. Bills Walsh said Marv drafted a good qb AFTER TE was drafted. If you weren't busy cheering for the browns you'd get it straight.

Bill Walsh
The first thing that comes to mind is Montana's former coach, the late Bill Walsh, has often been cited as commending Marv Levy and crew following their selection of the QB in the third round of the 2007 draft. Walsh knew that Edwards was something special, and he called up Levy to tell him so. The Bills had Edwards rated very high in the draft and were thrilled when they picked him up in the third round. Hearing Walsh's endorsement of him as "the real deal" (or something to that effect) only further confirmed their selection.

http://buffalobillsreview.com/articles/2008/09/trent-edwards-joe-montana-many.html

Dick had no say in Trent nor the prior regime's garbage in Losman..yes they did. They could've drafted Lienert or Cutler or anyone else in his 3 years here.

Again, answer the simple question, why are coaches in the combine if it's all on the GM?

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 01:47 PM
get your facts straight. You are clueless. Bills Walsh said Marv drafted a qb AFTER TE was drafted.

You are the one who is clueless...

You think this team is better today than it was in 2004.

You think JP is an NFL caliber QB.

You forget fact after fact and alter anything and everything you can to fit your weak attempts at an argument.

You think that a coach makes the players, not vice versa.

You dismiss when any "good" in your mind coach faltered but suckle their gonads when they succeed. Belichick for example on this.

You think the reason we haven't won is because of coaching, not the fact that we haven't had talent at the QB position since Bledsoe, which by the way is the closest we've come to playoffs in a decade.

You sit back and play both sides of any argument depending on your mood.

Yet, I'm the clueless one? Get over yourself buddy.

Go become a fan of the Ottawa Rough Riders next year so you can follow your golden boy.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
You are the one who is clueless...

You think this team is better today than it was in 2004.

You think JP is an NFL caliber QB.

You forget fact after fact and alter anything and everything you can to fit your weak attempts at an argument.

You think that a coach makes the players, not vice versa.

You dismiss when any "good" in your mind coach faltered but suckle their gonads when they succeed. Belichick for example on this.

You think the reason we haven't won is because of coaching, not the fact that we haven't had talent at the QB position since Bledsoe, which by the way is the closest we've come to playoffs in a decade.

You sit back and play both sides of any argument depending on your mood.

Yet, I'm the clueless one? Get over yourself buddy.

Go become a fan of the Ottawa Rough Riders next year so you can follow your golden boy.

that has nothing to do with Walsh. Attempting to change the subject when you have found to be clueless about your statement.

Again, answer the simple question, why are coaches in the combine if it's all on the GM?

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Wade was properly fired because he mismanaged the players. Just the comment about not being able to make the playoffs was enough to toss him to the wolves. There are other examples too. Wade never had a losing season because he had excellent talent on the team. But the talent was going to be gone and so was Wade.

Mularkey quit he was not fired.

WHAT?? SERIOUSLY?? You either need to lay off the crack pipe or go get some sleep because you're clearing not coherently posting anymore.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 01:54 PM
WHAT?? SERIOUSLY?? You either need to lay off the crack pipe or go get some sleep because you're clearing not coherently posting anymore.
the worse part is that he thinks Dick created a winning culture after losing to crappy teams and the qb now pointing fingers. If that's a winning culture then we should flush it down the toilet.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 01:58 PM

he made some really boneheaded mistakes...4th & 2 at the 32 comes to mind. But he had crappy talent on a team that was just totally blown up...and his teams were always prepared and played hard. I think he should have been granted more time to work through becomming a head coach. You can't go out and hire someone with zero experience and not expect those types of mistakes. It's about learning from your mistakes and growing in a job not performing top knotch right away. So just creating this revolving door of inexperienced staffs and then tossing them out a couple years later when they don't win the superbowl is stupid...and then the next staff coming in doesn't have the right talent in place to do what they want to do...

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Usually by the third year you expect some kind of improvement/results.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 02:00 PM
he made some really boneheaded mistakes...4th & 2 at the 32 comes to mind. But he had crappy talent on a team that was just totally blown up...and his teams were always prepared and played hard. I think he should have been granted more time to work through becomming a head coach. You can't go out and hire someone with zero experience and not expect those types of mistakes. It's about learning from your mistakes and growing in a job not performing top knotch right away. So just creating this revolving door of inexperienced staffs and then tossing them out a couple years later when they don't win the superbowl is stupid...and then the next staff coming in doesn't have the right talent in place to do what they want to do...
yup, we're so prepared vs. crappy teams playing AT HOME. Dick couldn't even stop Quinn in only his 2nd start.

We were so preapred that he got outcoached by someone who only been a coach for how many games? 3? Give me a break, Dick made Spikes look decent again.

Typ0
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
yup, we're so prepared vs. crappy teams playing AT HOME. He was so preapred that he got outcoached by someone who only been a coach for how many games? 3?

I said was not are...and I am talking about GW. Get with the program!

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I said was not are...and I am talking about GW. Get with the program!
haha! We're losing to crappy teams and yet youre still hanging on to Dick and loving Dick and you're telling me to get with the program. You've been sniffing way too many dirty diapers.

PECKERWOOD
12-01-2008, 04:09 PM
This coaching staff would cost too much money for Ralphie! ;)

HC: Josh McDaniels
OC: Brian Billick
DC: Rob Ryan
Linebackers: Ron Rivera
Secondary: Jim Mora
ST: Bobby April

McBFLO
12-01-2008, 04:10 PM
My vote is for a guy like Russ Grimm, who, other than the fact has a cool, tough-sounding name, would put an emphasis on the OL and DL. That's where football games are won. The teams control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, combined with some decent skill position players, which we do have, are the teams that go far. Other names I'd like to see: Schwartz from Tennessee (has turned guys like Cortland Finnigan into Pro Bowl caliber players), Spagnuolo (sick pass rushing D who's shown ability to make adjustments when needed and has "made" players into name-players i.e. Justin Tuck), Josh McDaniel from NE (although I'm hesitant on him), Ron Rivera (has experience with the Cover 2 and fits our D-personnel), the OC from Atlanta (has done a marvelous job with Matt Ryan.... totally kidding - Mularkey)... So obviously I prefer the upcoming assistant. Although I liked the idea of getting and experienced, cerebral head coach, Jauron has not proven to be all the cerebral.

Michael82
12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
realistic choice.....

I want some Marty ball!!!

Mahdi
12-01-2008, 04:40 PM

Spagnuolo is my choice because we wont have to revamp the defense yet we will get a guy that understands pressure and will definitely be upgrading our DE position.

baalworship
12-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Spagnuolo or Schwartz.

From the wikipedia on Schwartz:

"Schwartz's defenses have been notoriously successful on third down against the run. He does, however, continue to receive criticism from Tennessee Titans fans who blame him for the decline of their once dominating defense. Others argue that the decline of the Titans' defense is a result of the loss of numerous defensive stars from 2003-2005 due to salary cap considerations. Indeed, Schwartz's defense rebounded into the top half of the league during a 10-win 2007 season.

Schwartz got his start in the NFL doing research for Bill Belichick on the Cleveland Browns staff in the mid-1990s. Since then, he has continued to do work with Pro Football Prospectus and Football Outsiders founder Aaron Schatz, which has earned him a somewhat unique reputation among NFL coaches as a "Moneyball-style" statistical analyst."

So not only can he coach he worked with Belicheater evaluating NFL personnel. Get him in here!

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 05:27 PM
No it doesn't.

Yes and no. So, do you really believe it is Matt Cassell making Belichek look good now? How about Kerry Collins making Fisher look good? Really...really? Yes, having a good QB is very helpful, but Dickey has done zero in his coaching career for anybody to assume he is a good coach and it's just the QB's fault. People who defend this guy are seriously mental.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Usually by the third year you expect some kind of improvement/results.

Why? It's all the players fault...especially the QB. [sarcasm]

Mudflap1
12-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Who would I want?

Well... there is this hot offensive coordinator down in Atlanta that has a rookie QB playing like a veteran... he might be good...

What's his name?

Jon

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Who would I want?

Well... there is this hot offensive coordinator down in Atlanta that has a rookie QB playing like a veteran... he might be good...

What's his name?

Jon

How dare you! Don't even say it!

Dujek
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
realistic choice.....

I want some Marty ball!!!

I think I want some Marty ball too.

God help us all.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 05:39 PM

God help us all.

Marty would make the most sense for this team and he knows how to build a winning team.

Mudflap1
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
How dare you! Don't even say it!

:rofl:

Michael82
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM

God help us all.
Marty Ball may not get you to the Super Bowl. But it does get you to the playoffs. That's fine with me for now, I just want to get back to the ****ing playoffs.

Michael82
12-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Who would I want?

What's his name?

Jon
:rofl: That's just wrong!

PECKERWOOD
12-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Rob Ryan as DC with Ron Rivera as the LB coach!! :drool:

I would go ****ing nuts!! Dammit, WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF!!! I wanna be the owner of the bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which no namer you going to hire this time Ralphie?? :ill: