PDA

View Full Version : Veteran QB

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
The FO made a fatal error when they didn't go out and get a veteran QB who has been an established starter in the League. I know it is easier said than done but there were some out there at the start of the season to be had. All of the young QBs we have had have never had a veteran QB to be their mentor. The only veterans that they have ever had to look up to were all mediocre career backups like Holcomb, Schonert, and Doughboy. A veteran QB might have also gotten us a few more wins as a stopgap for Edwards until he got his **** together.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 11:42 AM
they had no takers on Lossman so they were stuck with him.

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
they had no takers on Lossman so they were stuck with him.
They could have still brought in a vet and make him 3rd string. More bad judgment job by the coaches to think that he was a competent backup.

EDS
12-01-2008, 01:38 PM
The FO made a fatal error when they didn't go out and get a veteran QB who has been an established starter in the League. I know it is easier said than done but there were some out there at the start of the season to be had. All of the young QBs we have had have never had a veteran QB to be their mentor. The only veterans that they have ever had to look up to were all mediocre career backups like Holcomb, Schonert, and Doughboy. A veteran QB might have also gotten us a few more wins as a stopgap for Edwards until he got his **** together.

They tried the veteran thing with Bledsoe and we see what that did.

Other then Favre, was there a veteran QB that was available who would be that much better then Trent?

HHURRICANE
12-01-2008, 01:43 PM
I think you bring in a veteran to help with the young guy when thay haven't seen something before. The fact that Edwards only confidant is Hamden is a problem.

Losman is a cancer just by being a loner. His teammates don't even talk to him.

My guess is that we'll bring someone in next year.

The sad part is that a bunch of posters here argued that JP was the best possible backup. Really? Did he help win us a game where the D only allowed 10 points against a 3-8 team.

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Exactly, bring a veteran in as a mentor.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Jeff Garcia? He may not be all that but the guys has more balls than our coaching staff combined.

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Garcia would have been perfect. He did a pretty good job with Philly and he is doing it again in Tampa Bay.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Garcia would have been perfect. He did a pretty good job with Philly and he is doing it again in Tampa Bay.
especially since we're playing an ugly version of the WCO.

Maybe Tuna wants to get rid of The Chad and move on with his drafted future qb.

X-Era
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM

Sitting the bench does not help to get your **** together.

Play him until he definitively proves he can do the job or not. Prolonging that decision with playing stopgaps just prolongs the pain.