PDA

View Full Version : Redzone Play Calling

PECKERWOOD
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Can anybody understand our play calling in the red zone? We beat San Fran statistically in almost every category other than TOP. I remember one drive specifically where Jackson took it to the 2nd yard line and then our next two plays we passed the ball our smallest WR (Roscoe Parrish) and then we passed the ball to Josh Reed who was covered by San Frans best player on defense (Nate Clements). When we get to the goal line, do we just all of a sudden forget that we have one of the most powerful RB's in the NFL? Umm, Beastmode had over 130 yards off of 16 rushes and you're NOT going to give him a **** to take it in?????????????? Furthermore, we got this WR who is 6'5 and when you're in the redzone, HE NEEDS TO BE ON THE FIELD. I don't care how freaking sloppy of a route Hardy runs, lob the ball up there where only he has a shot at it and let him come down with it.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
The coaches play to much madden on the xbox they think they can call dumb ass plays anytime.

OpIv37
12-01-2008, 12:15 PM
we actually beat them in TOP too. It was extremely close- 30:30 to 29:30, but we still technically beat them. Considering that they opened with an 8 minute drive, it means we beat them by 9 minutes in TOP over the final 52 minutes of the game in which they were held to 3 points.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2008, 12:15 PM
i'm done trying to understand what the coaches are doing.

bigbub2352
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
We drafted a 6ft 5 WR again why
guys it doesnt work if u dont throw the ball up
News flash he is supposed to look covered when u throw the ball up to him
news flash he is supposed to out jump his CB
News flash we didnt throw the ball his way once
news flash we SUCK

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 12:31 PM
we actually beat them in TOP too. It was extremely close- 30:30 to 29:30, but we still technically beat them. Considering that they opened with an 8 minute drive, it means we beat them by 9 minutes in TOP over the final 52 minutes of the game in which they were held to 3 points.
we also beat the browns and jets in TOP.

Dick philosophy of ball control is so important to him that he's forgotten the most important thing, score points. This is why I think Dick must go. He loves ball control so much that he ends up having to keep the game close and try to win it in the end.

Ball control is fine as long as you have a potent O that can score if they have to.

Just when I thought he learned how step on peoples throats vs. KC, he regressed back to his old self of playing not to lose with TOP.

OpIv37
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
we also beat the browns and jets in TOP.

Dick philosophy of ball control is so important to him that he's forgotten the most important thing, score points. This is why I think Dick must go. He loves ball control so much that he ends up having to keep the game close and try to win it in the end.

Ball control is fine as long as you have a potent O that can score if they have to.

Just when I thought he learned how step on peoples throats vs. KC, he regressed back to his old self of playing not to lose with TOP.

Not to mention the way he consistently burns time outs makes it even harder to win the game at the end.