Forked Thread: If DJ goes, does anyone else really stand out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Forked Thread: If DJ goes, does anyone else really stand out?

Forked from: If DJ goes, who do you want?

Originally posted by DraftBoy
    I dont like the 3-4 with Ryan. I got no issue with Brian but what has he done to stand apart from others.
    That's precisely the problem. Other than Cowher, does any potential replacement really stand out?

There's an old cliche that goes something like "the devil that you know is better than the devil that you don't."

I've made my dislike of Jauron clear from the moment he was hired, and at this point it's pretty easy to see why some of us were so concerned about him. But is there really any point to firing him only to hire someone else who's just as mediocre?

I bet Cowher could get 10 or 11 wins out of this roster, and I bet in a few years he could build a real winner. But there is no way in hell he'd ever coach here, and I don't see anyone else out there as being a huge upgrade. This really feels like the old Bart Simpson paradox- damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: If DJ goes, does anyone else really stand out?

Steve Spragunolo!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

I've always been a fan of Marty Ball!

And there are three assistants who would be acceptable to me if we went that route, even if DB doesn't like one of them.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
        I've always been a fan of Marty Ball!

And there are three assistants who would be acceptable to me if we went that route, even if DB doesn't like one of them.
        Well if DB doesnt like it that means the Bills will probably do it. But my track record is better than theirs in recent history so what does that tell you?
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Both of those would be an upgrade over Jauron and both are at least reasonable possibilities, but would they really have the impact that Cowher would? Would they really turn this team into a proven winner?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Both of those would be an upgrade over Jauron and both are at least reasonable possibilities, but would they really have the impact that Cowher would? Would they really turn this team into a proven winner?

You talk as if Cowher is some miracle worker who could right this ship with a snap of his fingers. Cowher went a long time in Pittsburgh with no results, he was almost fired a couple of times.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Well if DB doesnt like it that means the Bills will probably do it. But my track record is better than theirs in recent history so what does that tell you?
              somewhere, there's an 11-year-old with a Magic 8-ball who has a better track record than the Bills in recent history.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

somewhere, there's an 11-year-old with a Magic 8-ball who has a better track record than the Bills in recent history.
                Yes but he doesnt post here, so I get the credit instead.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

is Mouse Davis and Buddy Ryan still alive? there's our OC and DC. they can't be any worse. hell, get Marv's old ass out there as HC.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

You talk as if Cowher is some miracle worker who could right this ship with a snap of his fingers. Cowher went a long time in Pittsburgh with no results, he was almost fired a couple of times.
                    do you honestly think we would have lost the Cleveland and SF games if Cowher was coach? We're 9 points from being 8-4 and in the thick of the division hunt. It doesn't take a miracle to fix that- just competence.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Luisito23
                      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                      • Apr 2003

Would they really turn this team into a proven winner?

Marty definitely will...I mean even if we were to lose in the playoffs, at least we will finanlly have some kind of hope, and at least we will have fun watching them play for a change. He's a great coach, and he would get the best out of all the players here believe it! Marty ball all the way!!!
                      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• billsfanone
                        Majored in Home Economics
                        • Sep 2008

I'd consider buying Bills merchandise if they can land Cowher.

Comment

• billsfanone
                          Majored in Home Economics
                          • Sep 2008

I'd be ok with Marty ball.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

do you honestly think we would have lost the Cleveland and SF games if Cowher was coach? We're 9 points from being 8-4 and in the thick of the division hunt. It doesn't take a miracle to fix that- just competence.
                            With the way Trent was executing the plays that were called? Yes, I do.

The issue is just the coach we need better talent and that starts at the top with a new GM.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

In 15 seasons Cowher finished below .500 3 times and at .500 1 time. Those are 11 times were winning seasons.

He won 9 division titles in those 15 years and finished 59 games over .500 for his career.

Yes, he is that good.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X