PDA

View Full Version : Next Day Dont Feel No Better

patmoran2006
12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Usually in the day following a big win or a loss I get a little less emotional. In the minutes and hours following a game I’m usually on too much of a high (or a low) to comment about anything rationally.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
But this is the first time, in a long, long time that the next day sees me even more fired up than right after the game.<o:p></o:p>
I cannot get over the fact that in the past three weeks, we have dropped games. At HOME, to the 4 and 8 Cleveland Freegin Browns and the 3-8 (at the time) <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Francisco</st1:place></st1:City> 49ers. It’s just unbelievable to me.<o:p></o:p>
Forget the three-game division losing streak. Forget the injuries. Forget about the underachievers and the lack of talent in some areas. Even forget about some of the horrible coaching.<o:p></o:p>
All this team had to do, was beat a pair of TERRIBLE teams, in the confines of their own stadium nonethless, and they’re smack dab in the playoff hunt. Even with the three game losing streak, and losing 4 of 5 to ‘real’ teams. This team has not an excuse in the world to not be sitting at 8-4. The Browns and the 49ers--- stood between 8-4 and we couldn’t beat them, at home.<o:p></o:p>
Then of course to make matters worse, we sit there at 4pm and watch the jets and pats both get hammered. We beat the Browns and 49ers and we’re 8-4, tied with the Jets for the division lead and a game up on NE and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City>, both of whom we still play at home.<o:p></o:p>
Heads gotta roll, man. When you’re the only team in the entire NFL all season to have a team from the west coast come into your house and beat you (a bad team to boot) heads have to roll. When you never have more than 1 timeout left in a half with less than 2 minutes, heads gotta roll.<o:p></o:p>
When you run Fred Jackson and then throw on back to back to downs with less than 2 yards to go instead of running Lynch, heads gotta roll.<o:p></o:p>
When you run <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jackson</st1:place></st1:City> on 1<SUP>st</SUP> down and goal for 8 yards and come back with two passes to the smallest WR on the team in the end zone, heads gotta roll.<o:p></o:p>
When your potentially the first team in the HISTORY of the NFL to start 4-0 and end up last in your division at the end of the season, heads gotta roll.<o:p></o:p>
I’ve seen worse bills teams on paper. .But when you combine the start of the season, the potential of this team, and the end result, this is as bad a season as I can ever remember.<o:p></o:p>
Here’s the best though, and this is to you directly, Modrak. When you use THREE first round picks this entire decade on lineman in the first round of the draft, and those players are Erik Flowers, mike Williams and John McCargo—HEADS GOTTA ROLL!!! (knowing Ralph, Modrak will get an extension)<o:p></o:p>
F’n Brutal. Browns and 49ers.. Good things the Chiefs didn’t gift wrap last week’s game for us as well.<o:p></o:p>

HHURRICANE
12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah, we could own a bunch of records with a 4-0 and 5-1 start. I believe the worst record for a team starting 5-1 is 8-8.

Captain Obvious
12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
John Butler picked Erik Flowers in 2000 but your point is well made Pat

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 01:54 PM
I didn't read your post but I don't feel any better today than I did yesterday. Yesterday was easily one of the worst Bills Sundays I can remember if years.

yordad
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm with Pat, I think. The double negative in the title had me wondering though. But, I'm on board, "heads gotta roll"!

In fact, if I had the misfortune of having tickets to a game still, that is the sign I would make.

"Heads Gotta Roll!"

I didn't read your post but I don't feel any better today than I did yesterday. Yesterday was easily one of the worst Bills Sundays I can remember if years.Let that be a lesson to ya. This is the Bills. I threw in the towel after the Browns game. This game barely phased me.

The Browns game hurt, but I just learned to quit on the Bills sooner. :clump:

Mr. Pink
12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
The Browns aren't a bad team, just a team who has underachieved and quit on the season.

I don't know what's worse though losing to the 49ers who were trying or losing to a Browns team that was basically going through the motions.

ronholm78
12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Dear Pat....I used to think some of the things you posted were....well ******ed....you have clearly gained all credibility back in my book and truly see the light. This is exactly how I feel, There is just no excuse for what we put on the past weeks and its sad, pathetic, dis-heartening and I don't have a dictionary or thesaurus for any other adjective that could describe DISMAL!!! You nailed it on the head, out of the park....wheel-house.

bflobarry
12-01-2008, 05:51 PM
And, think about who we've beaten: 6 of maybe the 12 worst teams in the league, including 4 of the 5 worst in the league. AND, the Raiders had us (almost) beaten at home, and the Jag-offs may have beaten us if the refs call Hardy's foot "out" on the late TD, which I believe it was (I was at the game). And, the Cards led us at halftime! Whew, we bad!.......