PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron needs to win out to keep job

BillsWin
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Jauron-needs-to-win-last-four-games-to-keep-Buff;_ylt=ApPxrdrLIZmmKP8yFpV_2It.2bYF?urn=nfl,125741

Jauron needs to win last four games to keep Buffalo job

If somehow the Buffalo Bills were to sweep their finishing gauntlet of games — Miami, the New York Jets, Denver and New England — to finish 10-6, Dick Jauron, whose career NFL record is 56-73, will have earned the right to keep coaching the Bills.

But anything less and this front office needs the courage to make a change. It can make that alleged contract extension go away, no questions asked.

Jauron did address his job security. "I always feel like I'm playing for my job," he said. "It's the nature of our business. You can say that about any game and every game."

It was a clichéd answer, but at least he acknowledged that winning is the measuring stick in pro sports. Jauron is a fine human being but the fans booing their lungs out Sunday don't really care about that.

patmoran2006
12-01-2008, 01:23 PM
just a rumor.

the odds of him getting fired are very slim.

Sorry

HHURRICANE
12-01-2008, 01:25 PM
I think if he's addressing his future than I think he's got some pressure from upstairs.

Ironically if the Bills had started 2-3 we wouldn't even be talking about his job.

BillsWin
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
If the Bills are just going to hire another second rate coach with no real desire to win, they should just keep jauron for consistency. If they are gunna make a run at Cowher, Marty or Billick. Then they should fire Dick.

BillsWin
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
just a rumor.

Sorry

I like Jauron unlike others. Im tired of losing though. Real tired. I thought the KC game was a positive step. nope.

HHURRICANE
12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
How could this team let someone keep his job especially if we finish with another losing record?

3 years at 7-9 looks really likely.

paladin warrior
12-01-2008, 02:01 PM
What If Bills lose 4 game again. What going happen to Him?? Let me guess HUMMMM FIRE HIM!! and Ralph will grab Dick .J back his underwear and pull up hard and throw at front gate.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
just a rumor.

Sorry

His contract is up at the end of the year and that extension was NEVER officially announced by the Buffalo Bills.

There will be no need to fire him. Just let him walk at the end of the year.

justasportsfan
12-01-2008, 02:03 PM
What If Bills lose 4 game again. What going happen to Him?? Let me guess HUMMMM FIRE HIM!! and Ralph will grab Dick .J back his underwear and pull up hard and throw at front gate.

:10:

Dissucssion over. The Paladin has spoken. You Dick lovers can now shut it.

Mad Bomber
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
:hail: Paladin

jimbohastle51
12-01-2008, 03:23 PM
just a rumor.

Sorry

there really is no fired. he has to be tendered a new contract and all that has been said is rumors, so he really isnt our coach after this year unless we choose to make him so. if he finishes 8-8 or 7-9 i find it hard to believe the front office completes a contract extension with him. how do you sell that to the fans and the NFL?? that would scream we are OK with mediocracy!