PDA

View Full Version : Count me in on the Spagnuolo bandwagon

patmoran2006
12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Count me first (or maybe second, third or fourth) on the I officially want Steve Spagnuolo next Bills head coach wishlist.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I guarantee you we’ll be seeing goodbye to Kelsay and Schobel within days of his taking this team over. He runs a NASTY defense in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New York</st1:place></st1:State> and he’s supposedly the next big assistant in line for a head coaching gig.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
He’s handled <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New York</st1:place></st1:State>. I’ll take a shot with him. By ridding ourselves of Jauron and Fewell we’ll be killing two birds with one stone.

I'd love Cowher, but thats unrealistic.

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 02:00 PM
:rofl: :lol: :lmao: :roflmao:

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Spag is almost as unrealistic as Cowher IMO.

DraftBoy
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Spag is almost as unrealistic as Cowher IMO.

Completely disagree...how do you figure Spag is unrealistic?

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Completely disagree...how do you figure Spag is unrealistic?You'd have to be a moron to want Buffalo as your first HC job. Have you seen the way this team operates, would you want to inherit that?

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 02:07 PM

He already turned down Washington to stay in New York.

I'm not sure how Buffalo is an upgrade when Washington wasn't. Unless he truly didn't want to go to an NFCE team.

mchurchfie
12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
I'd take Spag in a heartbeat. He seems to know how to make those quick gametime adjustments on the fly and he dictates the game instead of letting the other team dictate it.

Pinkerton Security
12-01-2008, 02:09 PM
ya he is one of the hottest commodities out there. I doubt he'd come to Buffalo. That makes me sad.

Lexwhat
12-01-2008, 02:15 PM

I just posted in another thread that I wanted Spagnuolo. I think you beat me to it though.

If Ralph was serious about winning, he would throw money at Spagnuolo. I think I'm dreaming though. He will command at least $3 million a year (he already makes $2 million per as a coordinator). For him to come to a team like Buffalo, it might take $4+ million a year.

Who knows, maybe Spagnuolo would bring Mike Waufle with him to be D-Coordinator...

Lexwhat
12-01-2008, 02:18 PM
He already turned down Washington to stay in New York.

I'm not sure how Buffalo is an upgrade when Washington wasn't. Unless he truly didn't want to go to an NFCE team.

My only guess is that he wasn't able to choose his own coordinators, so he turned down the job.

Pinkerton Security
12-01-2008, 02:19 PM
My only guess is that he wasn't able to choose his own coordinators, so he turned down the job.

or maybe he didnt want to work for that slimeball Snyder. Idk who I'd rather have, honestly - him or Ralph. Snyder's pocketbook is deeper and hes not half dead, so I guess I'd say him.

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
or maybe he didnt want to work for that slimeball Snyder. Idk who I'd rather have, honestly - him or Ralph. Snyder's pocketbook is deeper and hes not half dead, so I guess I'd say him.
What's wrong with Snyder? The guy is football stupid but he tries his ass off.

Lexwhat
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM

Snyder cares about winning more than most owners in this league. Certainly more than Ralph.

I think Snyder has changed his old approach. I never imagined him going after a guy like Jim Zorn, did you? It was a pretty good move. If Jim Zorn can continue to develop Jason Campbell, he will be a successful head coach, IMO.

Pinkerton Security
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM

hes just a rich guy that spends money. he always seems to try to buy players instead of building teams.

He has done better recently, though Idk if it was the GM's fault before.

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 02:27 PM
hes just a rich guy that spends money. he always seems to try to buy players instead of building teams.

He has done better recently, though Idk if it was the GM's fault before.
I honestly don't know either but no one can deny that he tries. I can't say the same for Wilson.

Jan Reimers
12-01-2008, 02:27 PM
For him to come to a team like Buffalo, it might take $4+ million a year.
That's why his coming here is completely unrealistic. Ralph gets his coaches from the bargain bin, and we have nine years of no-playoff futility to prove it.

RockStar36
12-01-2008, 02:41 PM
People can fault Snyder all they want but the Redskins have been to the playoffs recently. That's more than the Bills can say.

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
People can fault Snyder all they want but the Redskins have been to the playoffs recently. That's more than the Bills can say.
That and they clearly have the people in place to be a contender in the next couple of years.

Lexwhat
12-01-2008, 02:50 PM
That's why his coming here is completely unrealistic. Ralph gets his coaches from the bargain bin, and we have nine years of no-playoff futility to prove it.

Man, and I thought I knew you. It's sad that the Bills did that to you.

For the rest of the year, I just wanna enjoy football, and I'll be rooting for other teams I admire:

-- Titans. Even though they beat us years ago, Jeff Fischer is a good smart coach who gets it. They are everything we strive to be, but can't be.

-- Falcons. An underdog team with great chemistry that just keeps winning. What's not to like?

-- Giants. Wow. How can a team lose its top WR (Burress), top TE (Shockey), and top 2 pass rushers (Osi, Strahan), and still have the best record in the league?? I'm amazed by this team. Jerry Reese is a genius.

Football is entertainment. I refuse to let the pathetic Bills stop me from enjoying it.

Jan Reimers
12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Man, and I thought I knew you. It's sad that the Bills did that to you.

For the rest of the year, I just wanna enjoy football, and I'll be rooting for other teams I admire:

-- Titans. Even though they beat us years ago, Jeff Fischer is a good smart coach who gets it. They are everything we strive to be, but can't be.

-- Falcons. An underdog team with great chemistry that just keeps winning. What's not to like?

-- Giants. Wow. How can a team lose its top WR (Burress), top TE (Shockey), and top 2 pass rushers (Osi, Strahan), and still have the best record in the league?? I'm amazed by this team. Jerry Reese is a genius.
You just haven't had 49 years of it, Lex. I'll continue to watch the Bills, as well as other teams, but I'm wearing down. I should have learned long ago not to take the Bills seriously, since Ralph has never really tried that hard to win. I just hate losing, which means I totally picked the wrong team to love.

DraftBoy
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
You'd have to be a moron to want Buffalo as your first HC job. Have you seen the way this team operates, would you want to inherit that?

Spags was offered limited power in WAS no way anybody would take that as their first job. Can't even pick your own coordinators, thats ridiculous.

If the team came with a new GM (I mean new, not some washed up veteran GM) then yes, I think with a new direction and scheme its doable. Atlanta and Miami are proving that.

Both took understudies as their GMs from successful trees, got hot commodity coaches and paid them and now look.

Lexwhat
12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
You just haven't had 49 years of it, Lex. I'll continue to watch the Bills, as well as other teams, but I'm wearing down. I should have learned long ago not to take the Bills seriously, since Ralph has never really tried that hard to win. I just hate losing, which means I totally picked the wrong team to love.

You're absolutely right about the 49 years part. Can't argue with you about that.

I guess you can say that I learned a thing or two from you, about not taking them too seriously. It follows that I might as well enjoy what the rest of the NFL season has to offer.

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Spags was offered limited power in WAS no way anybody would take that as their first job. Can't even pick your own coordinators, thats ridiculous.

If the team came with a new GM (I mean new, not some washed up veteran GM) then yes, I think with a new direction and scheme its doable. Atlanta and Miami are proving that.

Both took understudies as their GMs from successful trees, got hot commodity coaches and paid them and now look.
I know where you're going with this but Ralph doesn't want to go after a guy like Dimitroff. Guys like that who are young, energetic, and smart make too much sense. By the way, the Falcons still have a long way to go before they are to be taken serious. But Dimitroff might be the pick up of the off-season.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Count me first (or maybe second, third or fourth) on the I officially want Steve Spagnuolo next Bills head coach wishlist.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I guarantee you we’ll be seeing goodbye to Kelsay and Schobel within days of his taking this team over. He runs a NASTY defense in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New York</st1:place></st1:State> and he’s supposedly the next big assistant in line for a head coaching gig.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
He’s handled <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New York</st1:place></st1:State>. I’ll take a shot with him. By ridding ourselves of Jauron and Fewell we’ll be killing two birds with one stone.

I'd love Cowher, but thats unrealistic.

Can he bring the Giants defense with him? Because he's not going to do crap with the pile of turds we have on defense. Unless the Bills bring in some player talent, no coach is going to have success here.

don137
12-01-2008, 04:34 PM
No way the Bills get Spags...Have has never spent money on any management position whether it be a head coach or GM....You can't buy a ferrari when you are only want to pay out what it costs to buy a Kia.

Nighthawk
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM

Snyder and Jones are killing football, but I'd be OK with actually having an owner who gave a damn about winning a championship!

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Snyder and Jones are killing football, but I'd be OK with actually having an owner who gave a damn about winning a championship!
That's a stupid statement. They follow the rules that every other owner has to follow.

DraftBoy
12-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I know where you're going with this but Ralph doesn't want to go after a guy like Dimitroff. Guys like that who are young, energetic, and smart make too much sense. By the way, the Falcons still have a long way to go before they are to be taken serious. But Dimitroff might be the pick up of the off-season.

Dimitroff is the exact type of candidate Ralph would go after young, inexperienced and cheap. While Arthur has no issue spending money, Ralph has shown he will spend where need be and he has shown that he will allow himself to be blown away and make a hire when needed (see Gregg Williams). Look the only move that matters this offseason is what we do with our GM position if we sit tight we are going to suck again, if we make the right hire then we could legitimatly get this process restarted and working in the right direction.

The Falcons don't have that far to go anymore. A game behind the division lead and right now the #2 wildcard team in the NFC. They are a legit contender, anybody who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. They could beat any team in the NFL right now, not saying they would but they have the weapons and pieces to be in the game to the last second.

The Jokeman
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
:rofl: :lol: :lmao: :roflmao:
You want a good laugh checkout my response in the Jim Haslett thread.