I'm so sick of hearing that it takes 2-3 years for a new regime to build a contender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

I'm so sick of hearing that it takes 2-3 years for a new regime to build a contender

That's total BS. Look at Miami. Look at Atlanta. Don't tell me either one of those teams had more talent last year than the Bills, either.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: I'm so sick of hearing that it takes 2-3 years for a new regime to build a contender

It only takes that long with a moron like Jauron (and Williams and Mularkey before him) at the helm.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Re: I'm so sick of hearing that it takes 2-3 years for a new regime to build a contender

It's nothing but ***** excuses from this organization for the past 10 years plus. I'm sick and tired of hearing "it will take time" and "next year will be our year".

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

3 years is average and Dick hasn't gotten it done therefore he's below average. Don't tell typo that though.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          It's nothing but ***** excuses from this organization for the past 10 years plus. I'm sick and tired of hearing "it will take time" and "next year will be our year".
          But that's all we have, and all that keeps us going. The indefinite future will be rosy. The actual now sucks.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

3 years is avg in what universe? It's avg for coachs and GMs that don't have a friggen clue.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

That's what a good front office, great draft class, and good job in FA can do for a team. One thing both of those teams have that Buffalo doesn't have...... wait for it....... wait for it....... a QUARTERBACK, you know, the most important position in all of sports? Yeah, that one.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
                That's what a good front office, great draft class, and good job in FA can do for a team. One thing both of those teams have that Buffalo doesn't have...... wait for it....... wait for it....... a QUARTERBACK, you know, the most important position in all of sports? Yeah, that one.
                Thanks, that was really insightful, and helpful.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Miami decided to quit playing games and hire a real football person to run the front office and less than one year later they have gone from one win laughing stock to most likely winning the division.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Thanks, that was really insightful, and helpful.
                    Well winning in the NFL isn't the rocket science that so many fans in Buffalo make it out to be. There's a pretty simple formula that every single team that wins on a consistent basis follows. The Bills have chosen to be the renegades and try it their own way, clearly it has failed.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
                      Well winning in the NFL isn't the rocket science that so many fans in Buffalo make it out to be. There's a pretty simple formula that every single team that wins on a consistent basis follows. The Bills have chosen to be the renegades and try it their own way, clearly it has failed.
                      Again, thank you Captain Obvious.

Comment

• billogic99
                        • Oct 2008

That's total BS. Look at Miami. Look at Atlanta. Don't tell me either one of those teams had more talent last year than the Bills, either.
                        I don't think it's BS, I think it depends on what the team is trying to do and where the team was when they started rebuilding. I think it can take longer than 3 years in some cases. For example, if you're in a competitive division it could take longer, if you have no DP's due to poor management bya previous FO,your slalry cap situation, If you need a franchise QB, there are many reasons it could take three or more years to rebuild a team.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Miami decided to quit playing games and hire a real football person to run the front office and less than one year later they have gone from one win laughing stock to most likely winning the division.
                          Good point. Just don't expect Ralph to do the same. Real football guys like Parcells cost real money. Russ Brandon does not.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by billogic99
                            I don't think it's BS, I think it depends on what the team is trying to do and where the team was when they started rebuilding. I think it can take longer than 3 years in some cases. For example, if you're in a competitive division it could take longer, if you have no DP's due to poor management bya previous FO,your slalry cap situation, If you need a franchise QB, there are many reasons it could take three or more years to rebuild a team.
                            The Falcons are in the best division in football right now and are doing a fine job

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              Good point. Just don't expect Ralph to do the same. Real football guys like Parcells cost real money. Russ Brandon does not.
                              Wow, you're vicious today.

Comment

Working...
                              X