How do you cope with the Bills' season tanking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

How do you cope with the Bills' season tanking?

Like a lot of fans, I had hopes that the playoff drought was going to end this season. The Bills actually seemed like they were on a role. Then the losses started. The rist one against Arizona wasn't so bad. We knew the Bills weren't going to run the table. They would come back. Then came the three loses to division opponents and now they're 6-6 with only the slimest chance of making the playoffs even if they win out, which we all know isn't going to happen.

So, how do you cope with the inexcuseable losses to teams llike San Francisco? I can't listen to radio post mortems on games like that. I can't even post here on the game for 24 hours or so. I don't need Vic Carucci to tell me they sucked. I watched some of the Sunday night game after the Bills' loss, but I had to take a full day to basically not think about the Buffalo Bills. I've already reconciled myself to the playoff drought going another year. I'm not thinking too much about coaching issues. There's enough time to deal with that in January and beyond.

What do y'all do to cope when the Bills poop their pants like they did on Sunday?
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: How do you cope with the Bills' season tanking?

My primary fantasy team's going to the playoffs
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
      My primary fantasy team's going to the playoffs
      Both of mine made it...so that is something to follow. Also, you almost have to look forward to the Bills making a change. You've got to keep hope alive and hope = Dickey being gone!

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

For starters you plan a trip to Kauai, which is where I am and was on Sunday... I didn't have to stomach that crap fest...

when I get back I will turn to hard liquour and narcotics and stay as numb as possible.

how else can someone possibly cope with this crap anymore... every year ya think we are about to turn a corner and every year the wheel comes off n the most embarassing way.

I've always been an optomist but this crap is on my last nerve too

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ

What do y'all do to cope when the Bills poop their pants like they did on Sunday?
          First, after any loss, I avoid all sports media except this site and Sabres games until at least Wed, when they start talking about the upcoming week's games instead of the past games.

Second, once the Bills are officially out of it (or realistically out of it, if not officially, like right now), I start rooting for the Patriots to lose.

That's really all I can do. But, every year, the last week of the regular season ends with the Bills out of the playoffs and 9 months to go until they get to try again. And no matter how long it's been since the Bills were eliminated, the day of the last game of the season and the first few days after that just suck ass. There is no preparing for it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
            Like a lot of fans, I had hopes that the playoff drought was going to end this season. The Bills actually seemed like they were on a role. Then the losses started. The rist one against Arizona wasn't so bad. We knew the Bills weren't going to run the table. They would come back. Then came the three loses to division opponents and now they're 6-6 with only the slimest chance of making the playoffs even if they win out, which we all know isn't going to happen.

So, how do you cope with the inexcuseable losses to teams llike San Francisco? I can't listen to radio post mortems on games like that. I can't even post here on the game for 24 hours or so. I don't need Vic Carucci to tell me they sucked. I watched some of the Sunday night game after the Bills' loss, but I had to take a full day to basically not think about the Buffalo Bills. I've already reconciled myself to the playoff drought going another year. I'm not thinking too much about coaching issues. There's enough time to deal with that in January and beyond.

I suddenly remember that in my 40+ years of following them, they've done this about 33 seasons.

I'm actually shocked when they do make the post season.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I don't cope I just bottle it up and will someday explode.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

I got over already by refusing to let that team anger me any more.

It also helps when you avoid the outside world for a while..thankfully, I have the week off.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

I remember that it's a game played by others and that it has no direct affect on the person I am or my career.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I'm considering a lobotomy, or shock treatments at the very least. You simply can't cope with this stuff year after year, decade after decade.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

It frustrates me since I know it will be another year of broken dreams. I don't as bothered as I did years ago. After starting 4-0 I have to admit I was thinking their is no chance they will miss the playoffs. The Bills proved me wrong again.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by don137
                        It frustrates me since I know it will be another year of broken dreams. I don't as bothered as I did years ago. After starting 4-0 I have to admit I was thinking their is no chance they will miss the playoffs. The Bills proved me wrong again.
                        And it's worse than just missing the playoffs.

I've said this before but I'm going to say it again anyway.

Of course we want the Bills to go 19-0 and win the whole thing every season, but that's simply unrealistic. My realistic hope every year is that the Bills are good enough that every game counts. I absolutely HATE seasons where we are realistically eliminated in mid-November and officially eliminated in late November or early December, so the last 4 games essentially become training camp for the next season.

When we started 4-0, I was skeptical because we beat such crappy competition, but I figured the Bills had enough of a cushion that they'd at least be able to take it down to the wire and we'd get a meaningful game against NE in week 17 (especially with Brady out). But, once again the Bills pulled an unBillievable choke job and now we're on the verge of 3-4 wasted games at the end of the season YET AGAIN. The end of 2004 sucked but at least we had a really fun run for 8 weeks or so. Here we are at the end of 2008, and it's nothing but more consolation games.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Just proves one thing: It sucks big time to be a Bills' fan. We are definitely in the same boat as fans of the Bengals, Browns and Lions.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

My fantasy team squeaked into the playoffs, so I'll be following my fantasy players.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

Actually, the Bills are my fantasy team. But the fantasy of their winning and going to the playoffs simply turns into a nightmare every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X