• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

How about Haslett?

Ive always liked the way he coaches and hes going to be available due to that HC rule... thingy. Rooney rule?

• theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Re: How about Haslett?

We could have had Haslett last time when we hired Jauron he didn't even get an interview.

He is the only guy in the world whos dream job is the Bills job. Ralph doesn't like him I guess.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
      Ive always liked the way he coaches and hes going to be available due to that HC rule... thingy. Rooney rule?
      Last I checked Haslett was white and doing a horrible job as the HC in St Louis. To me we need a major overhaul from top bottom. Even though I hate him I'd welcome Jimmy Johnson as President/GM and maybe he can pry a guy like Jason Garrett to be his HC. I know all wishful think on my behalf and far fetched but I have a right to dream.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by theanswer74
        We could have had Haslett last time when we hired Jauron he didn't even get an interview.

He is the only guy in the world whos dream job is the Bills job. Ralph doesn't like him I guess.
        Well hows it worked for us so far when we get guys Ralph likes.

Take all of the "rules" that this org uses and **** can them, they dont work.

Comment

• theanswer74
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
          Well hows it worked for us so far when we get guys Ralph likes.

Take all of the "rules" that this org uses and **** can them, they dont work.
          I think i remember now, he said Kent Hull used steroids. Thats why he is not liked by the Bills.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman
            Last I checked Haslett was white and doing a horrible job as the HC in St Louis. To me we need a major overhaul from top bottom. Even though I hate him I'd welcome him as a President/GM and maybe he can pry a guy like Jason Garrett to be his HC. I know all wishful think on my behalf and far fetched but I have a right to dream.
            You do my friend, you do.

If I had one dream pick, for a HC who is actually available, id go with... I honestly dont know. Probably Fassel.

Out of the guys that arent really available Id go with:

1) Jimmy Johnson- love him or hate him, he can coach.
            2) Cowher- hes EXACTLY the right guy to force this team into winning and learning how to win again.
            3) Gruden- another tough minded guy who would force wins here.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman
              Last I checked Haslett was white and doing a horrible job as the HC in St Louis. To me we need a major overhaul from top bottom. Even though I hate him I'd welcome Jimmy Johnson as President/GM and maybe he can pry a guy like Jason Garrett to be his HC. I know all wishful think on my behalf and far fetched but I have a right to dream.

Good call on Jimmy Johnson but it will never happen. One thing that drives some like Jimmy away from Buffalo is not only the life-long loser at the helm of the franchise, but the weather. I don't think guys like him are interested in freezing their balls off five months out of the year when they could be in Miami or California playing golf twelve months out of the year.

I would love to think positively and say that Buffalo has a shot at a real coach, but it's not going to happen.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

**** Haslett.. I want COWHER POWER DAMMIT.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  **** Haslett.. I want COWHER POWER DAMMIT.
                  You have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

Haslett gets my vote because of his enthusiasm for us... I think DC impressed with his Yale football knowledge interview...He's a good coach & i don't wanna dislike him but every week i get annoyed with him. ESP since the Dolphins game.
                    -A fish sweep is unacceptable dmnit!
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

It's funny that nobody is mentioning the fact that Haslett has ties to Buffalo having played for the Bills and having coached for UB. He's a real possibility for the Bills and honestly, he wouldn't be a bad option. First he has to get canned by St. Louis though. They seem to be quite fond of him.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
                        It's funny that nobody is mentioning the fact that Haslett has ties to Buffalo having played for the Bills and having coached for UB. He's a real possibility for the Bills and honestly, he wouldn't be a bad option. First he has to get canned by St. Louis though. They seem to be quite fond of him.
                        He doesnt have to be canned by the Rams, its the Rooney rule. He is available at the end of the year.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Isn't the Rooney Rule a rule about interviewing at least one black coach?

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

BTW: WWHHHHYYYY would we want Haslett? Has he ever won before??

D & S Sports

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              Isn't the Rooney Rule a rule about interviewing at least one black coach?
                              I think itr is. That means that the Rams could not sign Haslett long term mid-season like they tried to. They MUST interview other HC's. And that means Haslett is available at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X