PDA

View Full Version : How about Haslett?

X-Era
12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Ive always liked the way he coaches and hes going to be available due to that HC rule... thingy. Rooney rule?

theanswer74
12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
We could have had Haslett last time when we hired Jauron he didn't even get an interview.

He is the only guy in the world whos dream job is the Bills job. Ralph doesn't like him I guess.

The Jokeman
12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Ive always liked the way he coaches and hes going to be available due to that HC rule... thingy. Rooney rule?
Last I checked Haslett was white and doing a horrible job as the HC in St Louis. To me we need a major overhaul from top bottom. Even though I hate him I'd welcome Jimmy Johnson as President/GM and maybe he can pry a guy like Jason Garrett to be his HC. I know all wishful think on my behalf and far fetched but I have a right to dream.

X-Era
12-01-2008, 07:49 PM
We could have had Haslett last time when we hired Jauron he didn't even get an interview.

He is the only guy in the world whos dream job is the Bills job. Ralph doesn't like him I guess.

Well hows it worked for us so far when we get guys Ralph likes.

Take all of the "rules" that this org uses and **** can them, they dont work.

theanswer74
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Well hows it worked for us so far when we get guys Ralph likes.

Take all of the "rules" that this org uses and **** can them, they dont work.

I think i remember now, he said Kent Hull used steroids. Thats why he is not liked by the Bills.

X-Era
12-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Last I checked Haslett was white and doing a horrible job as the HC in St Louis. To me we need a major overhaul from top bottom. Even though I hate him I'd welcome him as a President/GM and maybe he can pry a guy like Jason Garrett to be his HC. I know all wishful think on my behalf and far fetched but I have a right to dream.

You do my friend, you do.

If I had one dream pick, for a HC who is actually available, id go with... I honestly dont know. Probably Fassel.

Out of the guys that arent really available Id go with:

1) Jimmy Johnson- love him or hate him, he can coach.
2) Cowher- hes EXACTLY the right guy to force this team into winning and learning how to win again.
3) Gruden- another tough minded guy who would force wins here.

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Last I checked Haslett was white and doing a horrible job as the HC in St Louis. To me we need a major overhaul from top bottom. Even though I hate him I'd welcome Jimmy Johnson as President/GM and maybe he can pry a guy like Jason Garrett to be his HC. I know all wishful think on my behalf and far fetched but I have a right to dream.
:rofl:

Good call on Jimmy Johnson but it will never happen. One thing that drives some like Jimmy away from Buffalo is not only the life-long loser at the helm of the franchise, but the weather. I don't think guys like him are interested in freezing their balls off five months out of the year when they could be in Miami or California playing golf twelve months out of the year.

I would love to think positively and say that Buffalo has a shot at a real coach, but it's not going to happen.

THATHURMANATOR
12-01-2008, 10:54 PM
**** Haslett.. I want COWHER POWER DAMMIT.

gr8slayer
12-01-2008, 10:59 PM
**** Haslett.. I want COWHER POWER DAMMIT.
You have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Marvelous
12-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Haslett gets my vote because of his enthusiasm for us... I think DC impressed with his Yale football knowledge interview...He's a good coach & i don't wanna dislike him but every week i get annoyed with him. ESP since the Dolphins game.
-A fish sweep is unacceptable dmnit!

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 01:18 AM
It's funny that nobody is mentioning the fact that Haslett has ties to Buffalo having played for the Bills and having coached for UB. He's a real possibility for the Bills and honestly, he wouldn't be a bad option. First he has to get canned by St. Louis though. They seem to be quite fond of him.

X-Era
12-02-2008, 06:13 AM
It's funny that nobody is mentioning the fact that Haslett has ties to Buffalo having played for the Bills and having coached for UB. He's a real possibility for the Bills and honestly, he wouldn't be a bad option. First he has to get canned by St. Louis though. They seem to be quite fond of him.

He doesnt have to be canned by the Rams, its the Rooney rule. He is available at the end of the year.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Isn't the Rooney Rule a rule about interviewing at least one black coach?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 06:18 AM
BTW: WWHHHHYYYY would we want Haslett? Has he ever won before??

X-Era
12-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Isn't the Rooney Rule a rule about interviewing at least one black coach?

I think itr is. That means that the Rams could not sign Haslett long term mid-season like they tried to. They MUST interview other HC's. And that means Haslett is available at the end of the year.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 08:06 AM
You have a better chance of winning the lottery.
No I don't

billsfanone
12-02-2008, 09:08 AM
How about Brian Billick?

Jan Reimers
12-02-2008, 09:30 AM
I cannot get a post through to save my life. I'm beginning to feel the same way about this site as I do about the Bills. Here we go again. Jesus Christ this is frustrating.

Goodbye, all. I'm sick of wasting my time.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2008, 09:32 AM
I cannot get a post through to save my life. I'm beginning to feel the same way about this site as I do about the Bills. Here we go again. Jesus Christ this is frustrating.

Goodbye, all. I'm sick of wasting my time.

Pride
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
It's your computer... not the site. I don't have any problems.

Try running anti-spyware on your PC. You may have something causing you internet traffic issues. There is a post in the support forum that may help you.

edit:
haha nevermind, I'm having the same problem

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 09:45 AM
The Site has sucked balls all morning.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 09:56 AM
He doesnt have to be canned by the Rams, its the Rooney rule. He is available at the end of the year.
Quit being so naive, if they want Haslett they may already have a contract in place with him. All they have to do is interview their one minority candidate and give Haslett his agreed upon contract. The Rooney Rule is a joke.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2008, 10:04 AM

Try running anti-spyware on your PC. You may have something causing you internet traffic issues. There is a post in the support forum that may help you.

edit:
I can navigate every other site on my favorites list quickly and with absolutely no problems.

(This is a test.)

Nope. Still sitting here waiting for something to happen. Kind of like watching the Bills.

I can whack the Submit Reply button all day, and get the JP Losman response to leading the Bills - NOTHING.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Haslett is the best option among the reasonably priced candidates. We are not getting a high powered, big name, high dollar coach. When you're a Bills' fan, you have to learn to be content with the "best of the rest."

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 10:56 AM

edit:

It seems like in the morning it takes forever to load if at all.

Very frustrating.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Haslett is the best option among the reasonably priced candidates. We are not getting a high powered, big name, high dollar coach. When you're a Bills' fan, you have to learn to be content with the "best of the rest."
Hasletts record is worse than Jaurons....

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 10:58 AM
The thought of Haslett coaching the Bills makes me want to go swimming in the ocean with cement shoes on.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Hasletts record is worse than Jaurons....
Yeah, but at least he doesn't look like a zombie from "The Night of the Living Dead."

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
If they hired Haslett I would smash the jumbo tron at the Ralph.

billsfanone
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
If they hire Haslett, I'll take the next 3 years off.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 11:11 AM
If they hire Haslett, I'll take the next 3 years off.
:(

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Yeah, but at least he doesn't look like a zombie from "The Night of the Living Dead."

So that's where we are at. Who cares that he is a terrible coach. At least he shows emotion. That says a lot about the state of the franchise.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:13 AM
If they hired Haslett I would smash the jumbo tron at the Ralph.

I think a smarter move would be to cancel your seasons. Ralph is never going to get the hint as long as people keep lining his pockets.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:14 AM
I think a smarter move would be to cancel your seasons. Ralph is never going to get the hint as long as people keep lining his pockets.
Wow, that's what I've been saying all along. As long as you keep putting money into the team he'll think it's okay to blow as an owner.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I can't do that sir.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:19 AM
I can't do that sir.

Then Ralph has no motivation to ever make this team a winner. It's all a business to him and if the business is making money, who cares about the other stuff.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Then Ralph has no motivation to ever make this team a winner. It's all a business to him and if the business is making money, who cares about the other stuff.
Exactly, he doesn't care about anything but his money, so hit him where it hurts.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Did you guys know that the Bills have the 9th worst winning percentage as a franchise of all the currently active franchises? Did you also know that two teams below them have at least won a SB? :ill:

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Did you guys know that the Bills have the 9th worst winning percentage as a franchise of all the currently active franchises? Did you also know that two teams below them have at least won a SB? :ill:
Like I said before, Wilson is a life-long loser and the Bills will always be a loser as long as he's alive.

Saratoga Slim
12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I have a feeling that we're going to spend the next month playing the which-new-HC-shoud-we-get game, and then see that the new coach is........Dick Jauron. I'm not investing any mental energy into who the next coach will be until I see that we're getting a new coach.

paladin warrior
12-02-2008, 11:38 AM
How about Brian Billick? Oh yeah I would like that. Brain Billick. and Bills Cowher.

bigbub2352
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Its the server for billszone.com, happens all the time

I am in favor of getting some proven winning head coach in here, i like Haslett as a D cordinator for sure, ****ing fire Fewell already and his crap cover 2
Fassel, Billick, Cower, Johnson, i would luv to have here, and lets go gets some cordinators who have exp too
**** Turk
**** Kugler
**** AVP

Michael82
12-02-2008, 11:57 AM

edit:
It's the site and it has been having problems since last night. Both my work computer and my computer here have had a lot of trouble loading the pages. :(