X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

An interesting perspective on QBs

There's been much talk of late about the Buffalo Bills QBs Trent Edwards and JP Losman but there's two names that haven't been brought up. Those two names being Aaron Rodgers and Jason Campbell. The reason I bring them up now is that these are two QBs the Bills could have hypothetically had in 2005 if we not traded up to take JP in 2004. Of course hindsight is a great think as in hindsight we might have been able to draft Bob Sanders had we not traded up for JP. We could also have nabbed a guy like Michael Turner too had we not drafted JP. I've always said a draft is about getting the best collection of players and to think had we not drafted JP we might of had Sanders, Turner and Campbell/Rodgers and insert player to be named later to replace Edwards. Just something to think about the next time the Bills choose to trade UP in a draft.
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Re: An interesting perspective on QBs

Fans aren't too happy with Campbell in Washington.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
      • Dec 2005

If all those players were on the same team i would say ok yeah we shot ourselves. I have always said the draft is a crapshoot nothing is ever a sure thing. Granted we have wasted a ton of picks over the years but some will pan out.

It's to early to pull the plug on edwards IMO. I hate to say it but i think one more year would be benifical to him. But he needs play makers and pass protection which he should have in the first place.

Lynch will be a star, McKelvin is improving quicker then what alot of people thought he would. So not all hope is lost yet but it is getting close to pulling the plug on edwards. I mean hell if Losman got 3 years as a staeter then why not trent?

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

I'm not pulling the plug on Edwards but just goes to show how one decision impacts so many others.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Or we could have had DeMarcus Ware with the Losman 1st rounder in 05'.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

When we passed on Cutler I was miffed.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
              Fans aren't too happy with Campbell in Washington.
              I understand the need to play Devil's advocate, but he made some excellent points, imo. I will probably use them in a later conversation and make them my own.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
                When we passed on Cutler I was miffed.
                Haloti Ngata and Nick Mangold made me furious.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                  Or we could have had DeMarcus Ware with the Losman 1st rounder in 05'.
                  No thanks

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Campbell stats. might be nice but he blows.

Comment

• naugem
                      • Mar 2004

People always complain about the players we didn't draft and were drafted later and went on to become stars. But every fanbase could (and probably does) complain about the same.
                      There's just no sure way to know at the time.

Comment

• zone
                        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                        • Oct 2003

Rodgers looked like JP in the loss to the Saints and Campbell is nothing special either. I will take my chances with Edwards.
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Campbell, Rogers or Edwards? I'll take none of the above.

Granted, all 3 are young and all 3 could still have good careers, but as of right now, they are all mediocre and none of them have distinguished themselves from the other 2.

Demarcus ware, on the other hand, would have been a HUGE addition to this team. In 2005 and 2006, Schobel had 12 and 14 sacks respectively. Imagine Ware lining up on the opposite end.... both of those seasons would have gone a LOT differently.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37

Granted, all 3 are young and all 3 could still have good careers, but as of right now, they are all mediocre and none of them have distinguished themselves from the other 2.

Demarcus ware, on the other hand, would have been a HUGE addition to this team. In 2005 and 2006, Schobel had 12 and 14 sacks respectively. Imagine Ware lining up on the opposite end.... both of those seasons would have gone a LOT differently.
                            Buffalo wouldn't have done it though, they would have drafted another secondary guy or a punter or some other random position.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

Rogers is not mediocre. That guy can make any throw and is a playmaker at the QB position. This is his first year starting so he will make mistakes but if I was a Packer fan I would be encouraged by his surprisingly high talent level and impressively strong and accurate arm.

That Pack are set for years to come with Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                              X