PDA

View Full Version : Time to Cut Ties with Norv

Fin Fan In Cali
12-01-2008, 09:15 PM
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/12/01/sports/nelson/z3de1172385cc65c788257512001ae148.txt

They should clean house with giving the walking papers to Norv and AJ. Year after year AJ doesn't want to better the team via free agency at all. This team has too much talent to be 4-8. They are not too happy here in Charger land.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Can't really say that I blame them, they really miss Merriman this year.

Night Train
12-02-2008, 05:19 AM
Now I could see Cowher wanting to go there. It depends on the team finances but who wouldn't want to live in San Diego ?

Fin Fan In Cali
12-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Can't really say that I blame them, they really miss Merriman this year.Yes but losing one player should hurt but not 4-8 bad.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Yes but losing one player should hurt but not 4-8 bad.
It doesn't help when he's an elite player and the defense is predicated on the pressure applied by the OLB's.

Fin Fan In Cali
12-02-2008, 06:18 PM
It doesn't help when he's an elite player and the defense is predicated on the pressure applied by the OLB's.No it doesn't. He will be back next year and gone after that. AJ has already made it known he is not happy with Shawnes extra off season things he has got going on in his life. Norv is not an NFL head coach, and AJ has made mistakes the past few FA periods, by adding to the team, and hiring Norv.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
No it doesn't. He will be back next year and gone after that. AJ has already made it known he is not happy with Shawnes extra off season things he has got going on in his life. Norv is not an NFL head coach, and AJ has made mistakes the past few FA periods, by adding to the team, and hiring Norv.
A.J. also took a team that was the laughing stock of the league and built a contender. He's not going anywhere, but he does need to find a real head coach.

Fin Fan In Cali
12-02-2008, 06:54 PM
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/dec/01/canepa-chargers-smith-very-difficult/?chargers

Fans are mad at AJ also. read the fans comments under the article. AJ can evaluate talent but he has contributed to the problems here as well. The long time it took to finally part ways with Marty and losing 6-8 coaches, lack of activity in FA the past two years, and the terrible hiring of Norv.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/dec/01/canepa-chargers-smith-very-difficult/?chargers

Fans are mad at AJ also. read the fans comments under the article. AJ can evaluate talent but he has contributed to the problems here as well. The long time it took to finally part ways with Marty and losing 6-8 coaches, lack of activity in FA the past two years, and the terrible hiring of Norv.
Funny, last year when Norv led the team to an AFC Championship game those same fans were all about it saying that he finally got them over the hump that Marty never could.

Lexwhat
12-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Why be active in FA when their drafting is so good?

AJ Smith, just like Polian, builds almost entirely through the draft. I can't recall a single player the Colts have signed in FA except for Adam Vinatieri a few years ago. I think most of their starters have been life-long Colts. Smith drafts very well.

With that being said, I can't explain the Chargers W-L record.

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 01:14 PM

AJ Smith, just like Polian, builds almost entirely through the draft. I can't recall a single player the Colts have signed in FA except for Adam Vinatieri a few years ago. I think most of their starters have been life-long Colts. Smith drafts very well.

With that being said, I can't explain the Chargers W-L record.
Exactly, give me a great drafter over an FA guy any day. A.J. is more than welcome in Dallas if he gets canned.

Fin Fan In Cali
12-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Exactly, give me a great drafter over an FA guy any day. A.J. is more than welcome in Dallas if he gets canned.I wouldn't do that bro. I like Dallas with Zach, but I have seen too much of AJ's stuff here locally, that I would have to say no thanks. I respect your opinion. Today's North County Times they have a debate in the sports page who is the worst team in San Diego, the Chargers or the Padres. They make arguments for both.

Fin Fan In Cali
12-07-2008, 08:50 AM

With that being said, I can't explain the Chargers W-L record.AJ didn't make a good decision with Norv. I don't think they work together well. If they do bring a new coach for the Chargers it will have to be one like Norv, they will have to be a yes man.

cnc66
12-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Yes but losing one player should hurt but not 4-8 bad.

Ricky Williams

Fin Fan In Cali
12-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Ricky WilliamsYou got me Brother Marty.