PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Coaches

Fin Fan In Cali
12-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Other then Cowher, why don't you guys look for a new Head Coach, that is not a retread? The Redskins got Jim Zorn, we got Tony Sparano. How about giving someone new a fresh start, that could come to Buffalo, and pump some energy into the players and fans alike.

tat2dmike77
12-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I have seen that movie before it's called the Gregg williams era folllowed by the sequal mediocrity strikes back with Mike Mularky then Return of mediocrity featuring Dick Jaruon.

I get what you are saying but we have given enough chances to unproven coaches so that is why the cowher threads are in full effecr. Me i would like Cowher but i'm not holding my breath. I would also not mind to see Billick who also is a SB champ coach that has a fire under him. I think he got to full of himself in Balt with running the offense. I mean aside from last year (and do correct me if i am wrong) the ravens were usually competitive.

BillsWin
12-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Other then Cowher, why don't you guys look for a new Head Coach, that is not a retread? The Redskins got Jim Zorn, we got Tony Sparano. How about giving someone new a fresh start, that could come to Buffalo, and pump some energy into the players and fans alike.

Cowher is blue collar Buffalo style.

But Billick is good.

Spagnolo

MARTY BALL!!!!

Norv Turner is prob getting fired.

The thing is, we keep giving unknowns chances to help their careers, but they epicly fail.

We need a prooven coach who can ressurect this franchise.

BillsWin
12-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I have seen that movie before it's called the Gregg williams era folllowed by the sequal mediocrity strikes back with Mike Mularky then Return of mediocrity featuring Dick Jaruon.

I get what you are saying but we have given enough chances to unproven coaches so that is why the cowher threads are in full effecr. Me i would like Cowher but i'm not holding my breath. I would also not mind to see Billick who also is a SB champ coach that has a fire under him. I think he got to full of himself in Balt with running the offense. I mean aside from last year (and do correct me if i am wrong) the ravens were usually competitive.

beat me to it!

Fin Fan In Cali
12-01-2008, 11:26 PM

But Billick is good.

Spagnolo

MARTY BALL!!!!

The thing is, we keep giving unknowns chances to help their careers, but they epicly fail.

We need a prooven coach who can ressurect this franchise.Just because you failed before, doesn't mean you will fail again. If you do your home work perhaps hire Ron Wolf as a consultant, and come up with some good people to choose from you can succeed. I think Cowher is the only choice of existing head coaching experience I would go for. Look the Steelers took Mike Tomlin, and they still have Cowhers players I know.

We failed with Cam, but we are succeeding now with Tony.

BillsWin
12-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Just because you failed before, doesn't mean you will fail again. If you do your home work perhaps hire Ron Wolf as a consultant, and come up with some good people to choose from you can succeed. I think Cowher is the only choice of existing head coaching experience I would go for. Look the Steelers took Mike Tomlin, and they still have Cowhers players I know.

Im not saying it will happen, but Cowher IMO is the best option. but hes too expensive for this cheap ass franchise. and if we were shooting for unknowns Id go after that defensive coordinator from either Tenn. or NYG

shelby
12-02-2008, 04:15 AM
i can remember John Fox was in the running for our HC.

Yeah, that worked out for us.

Historian
12-02-2008, 04:46 AM
Lou Saban's still alive...

Night Train
12-02-2008, 04:49 AM
Possible new coaches in your dream world.

Ralph looks for coaches who still accept S&H green stamps for compensation. Check out the last 3 hires.

Maybe Russ "Marketing Boy" Brandon can convince him otherwise but history tells us it's a longshot. I'm hoping but I'll believe it when I see it.

chernobylwraiths
12-02-2008, 06:02 AM
I would like to add one more, and it is only if he suddenly became available because his current team is crap. I would LOVE to get Herman Edwards in here as a coach. Of the retreads that are out there that have had some success in the past, I would take Cowher first, Shottenheimer second and Edwards third.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 06:07 AM
I don't mind giving the new a guy a look but the Bills need to know which new guy to hire. Teams like Pittsburgh can hire new guys because they know what they are looking for and they go get it. Buffalo just accepts whatever comes their way which is usually a loser.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 07:11 AM
You know I actually wouldnt mind bringing in Cam Cameron for the job. I think he got a raw deal in Miami.

don137
12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
In Washington Zorn has an owner with deep pockets. Sparano came with Parcells. The next Bills coach will not have either. Facts are facts. Ralph will not pay for a top shelf front office.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 09:35 AM
In Washington Zorn has an owner with deep pockets. Sparano came with Parcells. The next Bills coach will not have either. Facts are facts. Ralph will not pay for a top shelf front office.

Parcells is merely a consultant, how much input he is giving we don't know but Ireland is handling the day to day operations. In Atlanta Dimitroff doesnt have anybody helping him but he has a good owner.

I think upstart pedigree guys are the way to go.

Nublar7
12-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't think Dick will be fired, but if he were, I think a good new coach to go after would be Josh McDaniels of the Patriots.

Fin Fan In Cali
12-02-2008, 01:53 PM
You know I actually wouldnt mind bringing in Cam Cameron for the job. I think he got a raw deal in Miami.Don't do it.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Just because you failed before, doesn't mean you will fail again. If you do your home work perhaps hire Ron Wolf as a consultant, and come up with some good people to choose from you can succeed. I think Cowher is the only choice of existing head coaching experience I would go for. Look the Steelers took Mike Tomlin, and they still have Cowhers players I know.

Ron Wolf. Isn't he the guy responsible for the fins giving up a high pick for AJ Feeley?

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 02:18 PM

But Billick is good.

Spagnolo

MARTY BALL!!!!

We need a prooven coach who can ressurect this franchise.

Just Say No to Norv Turner. He ruins every team he coaches- Washington, Dallas, San Diego. At least Jauron's teams stay mediocre and don't really get worse. I'd rather just keep him then suffer a 4 game setback next year with Turner.