PDA

View Full Version : Toronto/Buffalo Bills, joint ownership. Would you be against that? It could work.

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Edward and Melinda Rogers are the main candidates of becoming owners of the empire. Edward's a Buffalo Bills season ticket holder and he knows how important the Bills are to the region.

What if there's a way that can be a joint partnership and they get the majority of the games in Toronto,say 5 games early in the season and we get 3 games here during the season, especially in the bad weather months, Could you live with that if that ensure the Bills stay to a degree in WNY?

If I'm incorrect that Edwards is a Bills season ticket holder, let me know.

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 10:46 AM
for starters, there are only 8 home games in a season.

But no- I don't like that arrangement. It's all or nothing.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Edward and Melinda Rogers are the main candidates of becoming owners of the empire. Edward's a Buffalo Bills season ticket holder and he knows how important the Bills are to the region.

What if there's a way that can be a joint partnership and they get the majority of the games in Toronto,say 10 games early in the season and we get 6 games here during the season, especially in the bad weather months, Could you live with that if that ensure the Bills stay to a degree in WNY?

No just get rid of them already at that point. I will not support that.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
NO. NOT AT ALL.

It's all or nothing. I'm not sharing.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 10:51 AM

LOL in that arrangement somehow they play all their games at home.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2008, 10:54 AM
If it were to come down to all Toronto or sharing with Toronto, I'd take the sharing arrangement. I'm a Bills' fan, and therefore used to getting screwed in almost every situation.

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 10:54 AM
LOL in that arrangement somehow they play all their games at home.

I need to qualify my statement- splitting 8 home games sucks and I'd never support it, but if we got to play all 16 games in either Buffalo or Toronto and had no away games, count me in.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Does this look right to anyone?

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 10:56 AM
If it were to come down to all Toronto or sharing with Toronto, I'd take the sharing arrangement. I'm a Bills' fan, and therefore used to getting screwed in almost every situation.

And we have of history of getting the shot end of the stick, but I'll take it.

Michael82
12-02-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't mind giving them both pre-season games and am somewhat okay with giving up 1 regular season game once in a while (every other year). But anything more than that would really suck.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 10:58 AM
NO. NOT AT ALL.

It's all or nothing. I'm not sharing*.

*Except for 1 game

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 10:58 AM

I know that, they get 10 and we get 6.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I know that, they get 10 and we get 6.

So again...no road games?

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
The arrangement we have now is as much as I am willing to give. I could handle 1 game in Toronto every year.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 11:02 AM
The arrangement we have now is as much as I am willing to give. I could handle 1 game in Toronto every year.

How about Toronto gets 8 Home games and Buffalo gets 8 home games?

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh ok yes We could do that.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Does this look right to anyone?
I'd put the maple leaf coming out of his butt, but I'm not good at graphics.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Screw that stupid crap.

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
So again...no road games?

Sorry, they get 5 and we get 3.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
ABSOLUTELY NOT

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 11:06 AM

My bad. 5 in Toronto-3 in Buffalo. Original post fixed!

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
My bad. 5 in Toronto-3 in Buffalo. Original post fixed!
NOOOOOOOOO

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I'd be for eight games in Buffalo and no games in Toronto :idunno:

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd be for eight games in Buffalo and no games in Toronto :idunno:

I'd be for 8 games in Buffalo and 8 games (away) in Toronto.

Why can't the NFL take away one of the Bills away games instead of Home games to play in Toronto?

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:18 AM

Why can't the NFL take away one of the Bills away games instead of Home games to play in Toronto?
:rofl: that would be the most ******ed home advantage the world has ever seen. But it's a great idea if you're a Bills fan.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 11:18 AM

Because then we would be stealing another teams home game. Why would they want to do that?

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Because then we would be stealing another teams home game. Why would they want to do that?
They do it every year to another team in the NFL with the London game :idunno:

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 11:20 AM
:rofl: that would be the most ******ed home advantage the world has ever seen. But it's a great idea if you're a Bills fan.

Technically the Buffalo Bills would be playing away at Toronto and there would be no home field advantage. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 11:20 AM
They do it every year to another team in the NFL with the London game :idunno:

And they are doing it this year with the Bills playing in Toronto.

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 11:21 AM

I fixed the post in case you didn't know it already. I made a mistake.

gr8slayer
Technically the Buffalo Bills would be playing away at Toronto and there would be no home field advantage. :snicker:
:roflmao:

Although, they'd still find a way to lose.

gr8slayer
And they are doing it this year with the Bills playing in Toronto.
Yeah, but the Bills are getting paid a nut to do it. The teams that play in London do it for "free."

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 11:23 AM
:roflmao:

Although, they'd still find a way to lose.

With Dickie Boy at the helm? Yup!

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
With Dickie Boy at the helm? Yup!
It doesn't matter who is at the helm as long as Wilson is running the team. He's a life-long loser who hires losers, who coach losers, who play like losers, who.........

Michael82
12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
hell no. There's no way they should have more than us! :mad: :fit:

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:29 AM
hell no. There's no way they should have move than us! :mad: :fit:
Sure there is, if Wilson thinks he can make more money that way you bet your ass he'll do it.

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 11:36 AM
hell no. There's no way they should have more than us! :mad: :fit:

They have more money and therefore get more games.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 12:26 PM

What if there's a way that can be a joint partnership and they get the majority of the games in Toronto,say 5 games early in the season and we get 3 games here during the season, especially in the bad weather months, Could you live with that if that ensure the Bills stay to a degree in WNY?

No, I don't like them getting any games, let alone giving them more.

bluerosekiller
12-02-2008, 02:35 PM
So, let's get this straight. The vast majority of you would rather lose the team altogether rather than have to share the team with Toronto? Wow.

Myself, I'd much rather that the Rogers family buy the team upon old man Wilson's demise & keep it a regional operation rather than outside interests buying the team & moving it to LA or somewhere else. Especially if it means that the Bills would continue to be known as the Buffalo Bills.

I think the most likely scenario under such circumstances would be a 4 - 4 split with home games. Four here, four there.
Yeah, it's not an ideal thing for western New Yorkers, but four games is better than nothing. And Green Bay did something similar with the city of Millwaukee for years & everyone survived.

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 02:45 PM
So, let's get this straight. The vast majority of you would rather lose the team altogether rather than have to share the team with Toronto? Wow.

Myself, I'd much rather that the Rogers family buy the team upon old man Wilson's demise & keep it a regional operation rather than outside interests buying the team & moving it to LA or somewhere else. Especially if it means that the Bills would continue to be known as the Buffalo Bills.

I think the most likely scenario under such circumstances would be a 4 - 4 split with home games. Four here, four there.
Yeah, it's not an ideal thing for western New Yorkers, but four games is better than nothing. And Green Bay did something similar with the city of Millwaukee for years & everyone survived.

I think most of the people who says "No way" will take that deal if it meant
keeping the team here.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I think most of the people who says "No way" will take that deal if it meant
keeping the team here.
You are wrong then.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 02:52 PM
it's just wouldn't be the same old bills team anymore that belongs solely to buffalo.

If that happened we may need to get rid of that sign that says "buffalo, all amercian city" in the thruway.