PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas Criticizes Ralph on WGR

User Manuel
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Don't know if you heard it, but Thurman, one of Ralph's good soldiers criticized Ralph strongly saying he was unsatisfied with how things were going and that things in Buffalo won't change until Ralph dies and new ownership comes in. He went on to criticize the coaching choices but said even if Ralph made a change he wouldn't spend the money on a coach.

He also said that former Bills players are terribly unsatisifed with the current situation. Shopp and Bulldog and Sullivan pressed Thurman but he stopped short of criticizing the talent on the team.

It seems that Ralph's allies are jumping into the life boats.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Yup, nothing is going to change until Ralph disappears :pray:

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
First it was the long time homers and fans, now it's the former players. Things are going to get really bad really quick if something doesn't change.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:25 AM
First it was the long time homers and fans, now it's the former players. Things are going to get really bad really quick if something doesn't change.
Yup, Ralph is going to start losing a lot of money with fans getting fed up with him and going to other teams.

Bockcity
12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Was Thurman sober???

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Yup, Ralph is going to start losing a lot of money with fans getting fed up with him and going to other teams.

I would never go to another team. But next year when I'm faced with the decision to either spend my hard earned money to visit Buffalo or sit in my living room and watch the game in HD for free, I think I'll choose the latter.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I would never go to another team. But next year when I'm faced with the decision to either spend my hard earned money to visit Buffalo or sit in my living room and watch the game in HD for free, I think I'll choose the latter.
Probably a good idea, I'm glad I made the switch.

Michael82
12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
And that right there is why Dick Jauron will not be brought back. Even if he has a new contract signed, I think Ralph knows that it would be completely moronic to bring him back and not make any changes. The ticket base would probably plummet and the team would get ready to move.... :ill:

RockStar36
Probably a good idea, I'm glad I made the switch.

I could never root for another team personally. I have too much invested in the Bills. If they ever moved I would just not have an NFL team and focus on college.

bigbub2352
i listened to thurman thomas yesterday as well, and he is saying what everyone is saying
All the media
All the sports casters
All the fans
We arent as stupid as we look everyone knows this is a crap team crap front office, crap player personel, crap uniforms
CHANGE SOMETHING

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:31 AM
And that right there is why Dick Jauron will not be brought back. Even if he has a new contract signed, I think Ralph knows that it would be completely moronic to bring him back and not make any changes. The ticket base would probably plummet and the team would get ready to move.... :ill:

The tickets sales will no doubt drop. But here is the question...so Dick will be gone, what does that mean? Another nobody? Another past loser? Or a real coach? I doubt it will be a real coach. So all the suckers will buy back in and we'll have having this same discussion again in three years.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
I could never root for another team personally. I have too much invested in the Bills. If they ever moved I would just not have an NFL team and focus on college.
It's a bit different since you live at least within driving distance of Buffalo. I get tired of having to make a three day trip out of traveling to see a three hour game only to see them lose every time. Then I'm out a couple of thousand dollars, it's going to cost me less to buy season tickets with the Cowboys than it costs me to fly to Buffalo, get a hotel, car, tickets, etc....

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:33 AM
No point in having a team if the team isn't serious about winning.

JD
12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
If we get a new coach, and oc.. we might break the record of season tickets sold next year because you just know things could turn around

gr8slayer
If we get a new coach, and oc.. we might break the record of season tickets sold next year because you just know things could turn around
Not really, the talent on the team is still lacking.

JD
It's a bit different since you live at least within driving distance of Buffalo. I get tired of having to make a three day trip out of traveling to see a three hour game only to see them lose every time. Then I'm out a couple of thousand dollars, it's going to cost me less to buy season tickets with the Cowboys than it costs me to fly to Buffalo, get a hotel, car, tickets, etc....

Why do you still post here? Just curious..

JD
12-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Not really, the talent on the team is still lacking.
We need a #2 WR, quality vet backup QB and our o-line to live up to their freakish size.. on top of a complete coaching shift

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I've said before I'm not buying tickets to a game if DJ is still the coach. I'm also debating on holding that theory even if they get a new coach who is an unknown or a career loser. I haven't decided on the second part. I guess there is always around this buy getting tickets without giving Ralph my money but whatever.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Why do you still post here? Just curious..
Because I still have some pretty close friends that post here and I enjoy talking football. And it's just a good, well run message board, which is more than I can say for the Bills :up:

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:44 AM
We need a #2 WR, quality vet backup QB and our o-line to live up to their freakish size.. on top of a complete coaching shift
Edwards is not an NFL starting QB, need a #2 WR, need a new MLB, need a replacement for Crowell, need a new FS, need a better OC, need a better HC, need a new front four on defense, need a new owner. Other than that Buffalo is doing great.

JD
12-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Totally agree RS. There is no way I would buy seasons again next year. Bills Season Ticket Holders Against Jauron would be a popular website :up:

blackonyx89
12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Don't know if you heard it, but Thurman, one of Ralph's good soldiers criticized Ralph strongly saying he was unsatisfied with how things were going and that things in Buffalo won't change until Ralph dies and new ownership comes in. He went on to criticize the coaching choices but said even if Ralph made a change he wouldn't spend the money on a coach.

He also said that former Bills players are terribly unsatisifed with the current situation. Shopp and Bulldog and Sullivan pressed Thurman but he stopped short of criticizing the talent on the team.

Thurman and many former Bills from the Super Bowl run era knows that Ralph's not committed to win it all and didn't do what was necessary to win it back the in their heyday.

DraftBoy

We need a hell of a lot more than just that.

gr8slayer
Totally agree RS. There is no way I would buy seasons again next year. Bills Season Ticket Holders Against Jauron would be a popular website :up:
It's not just Jauron, Wilson keep bringing in bums like Mularkey, Williams, Jauron, and the people keep buying every time he brings in another bum.

JD
12-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Edwards is not an NFL starting QB, need a #2 WR, need a new MLB, need a replacement for Crowell, need a new FS, need a better OC, need a better HC, need a new front four on defense, need a new owner. Other than that Buffalo is doing great.
Have you looked around the league?

Edwards is definitely an NFL starter. You must have been a JP licker in the past.. Trent doesn't even get a full 2 seasons and already hes not a proven NFL QB? You put him with an O-Line that doesn't leave him vulnerable, quality recievers, competent coaches and Edwards goes to the pro bowl hands down.

As for all of your other suggestions, a lot of what goes on week by week is based on preparation. This team is just not ready to compete on a weekly basis. They're not prepared, at all and that starts with coaching.

JD
12-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Totally agree RS. There is no way I would buy seasons again next year. Bills Season Ticket Holders Against Ralph Dick would be a popular website :up:
:rockon:

Michael82
Come on Ralph....fire Dick and sign Marty!!! :pray:

gr8slayer

Edwards is definitely an NFL starter. You must have been a JP licker in the past.. Trent doesn't even get a full 2 seasons and already hes not a proven NFL QB? You put him with an O-Line that doesn't leave him vulnerable, quality recievers, competent coaches and Edwards goes to the pro bowl hands down.

As for all of your other suggestions, a lot of what goes on week by week is based on preparation. This team is just not ready to compete on a weekly basis. They're not prepared, at all and that starts with coaching.
You've got a lot to learn about what makes a real NFL QB kid. Edwards is not going to be a reliable starter at any juncture, he lacks the ability to get the ball in the end zone.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 11:52 AM

Edwards is about as far from being a definite NFL starter as you can get right now.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Come on Ralph....fire Dick and sign Marty!!! :pray:

Marty is my number 2. Cowher is number 1, although that will NEVER happen. Anything else will be questionable at this point, unless someone else gets canned that would be good. Hard to tell on that one though.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:55 AM

What is his excuse for making his decisions 2 seconds late which causes incomplete passes and turnovers? What is his excuse for always fumbling the ball? What is his excuse for throwing line drives into the ground every damn game?

Michael82
12-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Marty is my number 2. Cowher is number 1, although that will NEVER happen. Anything else will be questionable at this point, unless someone else gets canned that would be good. Hard to tell on that one though.
Marty is my #1, with Haslett #2 and Billick #3. I won't even think about Cowher because I know that there is no way in hell he would come here.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Brian Billick is my number one if I'm a Bills fan.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Marty is my #1, with Haslett #2. I won't even think about Cowher because I know that there is no way in hell he would come here.

Fair enough.

Why do you like Haslett?

I'll wipe out this season because he took over 4 games in but besides that he has a 45-51 record with New Orleans and 1 playoff appearance in 6 seasons.

I don't see how that is any upgrade at all. Seriously.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 11:59 AM

So are you not to some degree at least setting yourself up to be dissapointed? Or better yet does that mean that if the Bills hire another guy (say a no-namer) that you'll immediately like him less because he's not Cowher or Marty?

Im not just asking this of you either, but of all Bills fans who are convinced we have to hire a name brand HC in order to succeed.

Michael82
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Fair enough.

Why do you like Haslett?

I'll wipe out this season because he took over 4 games in but besides that he has a 45-51 record with New Orleans and 1 playoff appearance in 6 seasons.

I don't see how that is any upgrade at all. Seriously.
I don't know what it is, but there is something about him. They love him in St. Louis and I like the fire that he has. It's something we have been lacking for quite a bit now.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 12:01 PM
So are you not to some degree at least setting yourself up to be dissapointed? Or better yet does that mean that if the Bills hire another guy (say a no-namer) that you'll immediately like him less because he's not Cowher or Marty?

Im not just asking this of you either, but of all Bills fans who are convinced we have to hire a name brand HC in order to succeed.

I don't want to say hire a name guy but after Williams and Mularkey, I don't have much confidence that the Bills FO can hire the correct coordinator. I feel safer with an established name.

I'd be more willing to give a coordinator a shot over another career loser, but yes, I expect to be disspointed when this is all over with. Being a Buffalo fan I'm used to it by now.

Michael82
12-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't want to say hire a name guy but after Williams and Mularkey, I don't have much confidence that the Bills FO can hire the correct coordinator. I feel safer with an established name.

I'd be more willing to give a coordinator a shot over another career loser, but yes, I expect to be disspointed when this is all over with. Being a Buffalo fan I'm used to it by now.
How about Norv Turner? :snicker:

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't know what it is, but there is something about him. They love him in St. Louis and I like the fire that he has. It's something we have been lacking for quite a bit now.

I'm not big on him because although I want emotion and a guy who likes Buffalo, he is basically the same as Jauron in terms of career record and that doesn't really excite me.

Since you like emotion, how about Dennis Green?

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
How about Norv Turner? :snicker:

**** NOOOOO.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm not big on him because although I want emotion and a guy who likes Buffalo, he is basically the same as Jauron in terms of career record and that doesn't really excite me.

Since you like emotion, how about Dennis Green?
"And we let 'em off the hook"

JD
12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Edwards is about as far from being a definite NFL starter as you can get right now.

Too funny. I understand everyone wants immediate change in this team, but Edwards is young.. still learning and far from the failure that is JP Losman. You give JP 3 years, but turn your back on Trent after a season and a half of games played :rofl:

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Too funny. I understand everyone wants immediate change in this team, but Edwards is young.. still learning and far from the failure that is JP Losman. You give JP 3 years, but turn your back on Trent after a season and a half of games played :rofl:

JP started 31 games and Trent has started 21 games. It's a pretty close comparison at this point.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
"And we let 'em off the hook"

That was great.

But seriously, he has a 113-94 record (even with those horrible Arizona years factored in) and has 8 playoff appearances in 10 years with Minnesota.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM

No its more like about about 4 years of watching him play and never seeing any progression but you stay convinced that only the last 21 games of his career matter...

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 12:09 PM
No its more like about about 4 years of watching him play and never seeing any progression but you stay convinced that only the last 21 games of his career matter...

Shut up. Bill Walsh said he will be good.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Shut up. Bill Walsh said he will be good.

Bill Walsh said that about a lot of guys, want to see how many actually panned out?

There is no doubt Walsh is a great talent evaluator but I think his infatuation in Edwards is akin to my own infatuation with a guy like Tavarris Jackson.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 12:20 PM

I agree with the MLB part and believe you can move Poz over to fill Crowell's position. Bring in a more dominant type of MLB and it should help.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Marty is my #1, with Haslett #2. I won't even think about Cowher because I know that there is no way in hell he would come here.

Why would you want Haslett? No thank you.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Why would you want Haslett? No thank you.

Because he played for the Bills! YAY!

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Because he played for the Bills! YAY!

I hate that crap...but, yes...that has to be the reason. He sucks...more mediocrity. Bring in a proven winner who will actually win something!!! I want COWHER!!!

zone
12-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Mike Holmgren is my vote behind BC, he has helped mold QB's like Steve Young, Joe Montana, Brett Favre and Hasselbeck. He would be great for Trent.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Mike Holmgren is my vote behind BC, he has helped mold QB's like Steve Young, Joe Montana, Brett Favre and Hasselbeck. He would be great for Trent.

He's retiring...he doesn't want to coach anymore.

Historian
12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
crap uniforms

And how!

:roflmao:

zone
12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Plus, he is one of only 5 NFL coaches to bring multiple teams to the SB.

zone
12-02-2008, 12:33 PM
He's retiring...he doesn't want to coach anymore.
He needs a change of scenery, he would do it for the right $$.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 12:36 PM

No he wouldn't, he's making 8 million a year...it doesn't get much better then that.

BillsWin
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Well its freakin true! And it is really eye opening to have a player of Thurman's calibur step up to the plate and call Ralph out. Kelly is next. watch. because this is all true!

If Ralph wasn't cheap, he'd offer Cowher 8 mil to come here and dig this franchise out.

If Ralph wasn't cheap we'd be winning.

zone
12-02-2008, 12:38 PM
No he wouldn't, he's making 8 million a year...it doesn't get much better then that.

$10 million :D:

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 12:39 PM
$10 million :D:

Not unless you are able to convince Ralphy that it takes money to win championships. Good luck!

don137
12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I was thinking of coming up to the Ralph next year to watch a game but I will not waste my time if DJ or any other crap retread coach is hired. I am also thinking of cancelling my NFL Ticket until a new owner is in place. Why pay the $250 to get pissed off. I can go to a Bills bar and watch a few of the games and save a ton of money and not get as frustrated.

I was also thinking of buying a couple jerseys for my kids for Christmas but not anymore. Why give Ralph any more of my money.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 12:52 PM
ALthough Thurman has a point he's also a flipflop.

Jeff1220
12-02-2008, 12:57 PM
No thank you for Brian Billick. I watch a lot of Ravens simply because I live in the Baltimore area. This is a guy that was supposed to be known as an offensive genius/QB mentor, yet he never got an offense going in Baltimore and could never choose or develop a good starting QB. Until this year (under a new HC) Baltimore has always won at the hands of its D (thanks to guys like MLewis, RRyan, and RLewis, not Billick.)
Billick's gameday decision making is almost a carbon copy of what we have now - terrible play calling at key moments, wasted timeouts, etc. The only thing Billick gives the team that it doesn't already have is an attitude, as he certainly isn't stoic like the corpse.

Lexwhat
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Plus, he is one of only 5 NFL coaches to bring multiple teams to the SB.

It's a well-known fact that Holmgren is taking a "sabbatical." He wants next season off to spend time with his wife.

sdbillsfan2
12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I for one hope Ralph never gets in the HOF.
He's done nothing but get rich off of Western NY and Football fans every where.
I know many of you aren't old enough to remember ,but when the Bills were playing at War Memorial Stadium (AKA the rock pile) Ralph threatened to move the Bills to Toronto even then . He sucked then and still does ! What's the point of holding on to the team ? EGO ..that's why!
He's never gone out and done what's right for the fans. He's given us a crumb here or there ,but never a taste of something more then that.

This Arse of an old buzzard has taken a $50,000 investment and watched it grow to what ? $800,000,000 ?
When is enough, enough ? Let someone else try who really cares !

We all come here and pour our guts out every Monday about how "OUR" Bills let us down. Bottom line is they are Ralph's Bills. your Bills and My Bills still live in our hearts and soul. We live for draft day , for training camp and rejoice on Opening day. Ever faithful only to get ***** slapped by Wilson.
Ralph doesn't live in the area , he's content to live in peace back in Detroit. Why ..no bad press to read?

It's to late to hurt this old fool in the wallet , But a concerted effort from the fans to keep his butt out of the HOF might sink in.

I hate Jimmy Jones, because he thinks he can out spend the small markets to success. Well That doesn't work either.
These guys are all greedy SOB if you ask me.

I hope someday , maybe the Bills will be owned by someone (or a group) that actually feels the pain of being a longtime Bills Fan.

Ralph Wilson , you worthless pimp, You suck!

Thank you , have a nice friggin day!

Typ0
12-02-2008, 02:02 PM

which is exactly what his marketing strategy has been...keep changing and spending as little as possible and people keep buying tickets and merchandise. I laughed when I heard Thurman make the comments he made stating the same thing I said about this jerk eight or so years ago. With the stature of some of the people who are agreeing with me, especially ones like TT who knows Ralph and the inside of the organization personally, it's as much as fact now.

Maybe the jerk will respond by actually getting a staff worth a crap...but I'm not holding out for that. And I'd much rather give DJ another year at the helm than to just toss him aside for another rebuilding period only to have the same thing happen again....you know it is possible that he just hasn't had enough time to get the pieces in place. For example, as I've been saying we win when we get good production from the QB. DJ is right behind TE then let him live by that sword and if TE matures going into next season we might be where we want to be. If not, then blow the team up and start over with another lame duck next year -- unless we are going to get the likes of a cowher in here to run the show right away then we can make that change now.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Maybe the jerk will respond by actually getting a staff worth a crap...but I'm not holding out for that. And I'd much rather give DJ another year at the helm than to just toss him aside for another rebuilding period only to have the same thing happen again....you know it is possible that he just hasn't had enough time to get the pieces in place. For example, as I've been saying we win when we get good production from the QB. DJ is right behind TE then let him live by that sword and if TE matures going into next season we might be where we want to be. If not, then blow the team up and start over with another lame duck next year -- unless we are going to get the likes of a cowher in here to run the show right away then we can make that change now.

So if this staff isn't worth crap what with your love for Dick?

Even if Trent matures as long as you have a coach who plays not to lose, we will be forever mediocre. I'd rather get rid of Dick and move on if we don't make playoffs now. I know you'd rather have continuity but not me, I hate torture.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 02:18 PM
So if this staff isn't worth crap what with your love for Dick?

any staff that comes in here that isn't a proven winner isn't worth a crap until they prove it. And no, DJ has not proved it but earlier in the season he was being talked about in the coach of the year conversations for a reason...and then the QB play went south and now he's going to get thrown under the bus. I also think he got a raw deal in Chicago as the management there was horrible and crippling to the coaching staffs.

So yes, I am in favor of giving it a chance which will create necessary continuity. You just can't create this constant change in systems and expect to have any significant success.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
any staff that comes in here that isn't a proven winner isn't worth a crap until they prove it. And no, DJ has not proved it but earlier in the season he was being talked about in the coach of the year conversations for a reason....
there was also talk that the reason was, he played crappy teams.

and then the QB play went south and now he's going to get thrown under the bus. I also think he got a raw deal in Chicago as the management there was horrible and crippling to the coaching staffs..I don't care what he did in Chicago, he didn't get a raw deal here. He chose his qb. He made the decision to start Trent. He should be held accountable for it.

So yes, I am in favor of giving it a chance which will create necessary continuity. You just can't create this constant change in systems and expect to have any significant success.
you can continue recieving torture or you can be happy with mediocrity. I'm done if we don't make playoffs.

Don't you ever get on my case abnout JP ever. You're doing the same thing with Dick by giving him another chance.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 02:38 PM
there was also talk that the reason was, he played crappy teams.

I don't care what he did in Chicago, he didn't get a raw deal here. He chose his qb. He made the decision to start Trent. He should be held accountable for it.

you can continue recieving torture or you can be happy with mediocrity. I'm done if we don't make playoffs.

Don't you ever get on my case abnout JP ever. You're doing the same thing with Dick by giving him another chance.

let's see....I'm saying see how TE plays at the beginning of next season, the beginning of his third year. I am saying give DJ that chance and hold him accountable for the results. You are still saying give JP a chance in his FIFTH year as a supposed NFL QB. Can't see the difference? That's what I figured!

Ingtar33
12-02-2008, 02:40 PM

this is shocking. Thurman and Ralph have always been rather close.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 02:42 PM
let's see....I'm saying see how TE plays at the beginning of next season, the beginning of his third year. !
nothing isa going to change as long as the head coach has the philosophy of playing not to lose. You know Dick is NOT going to fire Turk. Trent will be dinking and dunking again and once he has a bad game he'll end up losing his confidence all over again.

I am saying give DJ that chance and hold him accountable for the results. You are still saying give JP a chance in his FIFTH year as a supposed NFL QB. Can't see the difference? That's what I figured!

haha! Jp was shuffled while Dick had complete reign over his decisions.

You talk about continuity while JP hardly had continuity. Talk about not knowing the difference. You off all people shouldn't talk about not seeing the difference. You can't even tell what a winning culture is if it hit you on the face.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 05:32 PM
which is exactly what his marketing strategy has been...keep changing and spending as little as possible and people keep buying tickets and merchandise. I laughed when I heard Thurman make the comments he made stating the same thing I said about this jerk eight or so years ago. With the stature of some of the people who are agreeing with me, especially ones like TT who knows Ralph and the inside of the organization personally, it's as much as fact now.

He could have the best roster in the NFL and he'd still find a way to screw it up! Trust me...

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
this is shocking. Thurman and Ralph have always been rather close.

Don't be surprised if Thurman is trying to turn the tide against Ralphy to get him to sell the team to his buddy, Jim Kelly. This is great to hear for any Bills fan...it confirms what many have thought about Ralph and that is that he doesn't give a damn about winning a championship.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
let's see....I'm saying see how TE plays at the beginning of next season, the beginning of his third year. I am saying give DJ that chance and hold him accountable for the results. You are still saying give JP a chance in his FIFTH year as a supposed NFL QB. Can't see the difference? That's what I figured!

Umm, why can't I hold him accountable for the mediocre football we see every weekend? Your arguement is flawed.

Philagape
12-02-2008, 05:44 PM

And Buffalo's "scenery" is so appealing.

Night Train
12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Surprised to read this. I'd like to see the transcript to see if anything was lost in translation.

I don't disagree. This coaching, scheming is complete crap at present. It's hard for me to even see another win & it's not all a talent problem.

Premium seat contracts are up this year. That's major $$ to the Bills.

I can tell you Jauron is being boo'd to tears in those seats, since I sit there.

Change

jimbohastle51
12-02-2008, 05:51 PM
we have a good defensive core. replace ellision and simpson and bring in a REAL pass rusher and we have a good defense. we havnt been losing games because of defense people. we have been losing games because of turnovers. if we give the opposing team the ball inside our 40 yard line what do you expect the best defense in the NFL is still going to give up a field goal. our problem lies on the offense. we have a great running game when it gets going and we have a solid recieving core in my opinion, i just am not ready to say that edwards is no good. i think that if he doesnt finish strong than maybe we can start to say that but as of right now i am going to give him the benifit of the doubt still. he is young. and if any of you think that buffalo is going to sign a big name free agent QB or draft a QB in the first round your smoking crack because either way ralph is NOT paying the premium and that position requires too much money for him. trent is going ot finish his contract out regardless so next year he will get another shot. i think we all put alot coming into this year on a team that has a QB that has only started a few games. and is only 22 years old.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Umm, why can't I hold him accountable for the mediocre football we see every weekend? Your arguement is flawed.

go right ahead...but another coach is not going to change that. I don't care who they are unless they get consistently decent production from the QB the best you can hope for is mediocrity. That person will change systems and work towards building a team around the players they want to keep...a process that DJ is in the middle of. Then whoever it is will wait for a decent QB to come along and hope for the best when he does. I don't think DJ has had the tools available to be successful myself. He's working on it...just like the next guy will. You can say he's coaching for sacks, interceptions and fumbles that's fine.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
go right ahead...but another coach is not going to change that. I don't care who they are unless they get consistently decent production from the QB the best you can hope for is mediocrity. That person will change systems and work towards building a team around the players they want to keep...a process that DJ is in the middle of. Then whoever it is will wait for a decent QB to come along and hope for the best when he does. I don't think DJ has had the tools available to be successful myself. He's working on it...just like the next guy will. You can say he's coaching for sacks, interceptions and fumbles that's fine.

All I can say is...you're wrong.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 06:09 PM
All I can say is...you're wrong.

the only thing that will ever overcome bad qb play is worse qb play on the other side of the field.

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
the only thing that will ever overcome bad qb play is worse qb play on the other side of the field.

You can have the fact that the QB play hasn't been great, but you have no clue if you think Jauron is a good coach just needing a QB. That's where you are way off base.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm listening to Lee Evans on WGR right now. It really sounds to me like the game plans are good. The whole philosophy is sound. He also said it's the QBs responsibility to get the team into the right plays because they are being given the power to do that.

TE has been decimated by good defensive coordinators. With the system we have in place I'm sorry to disagree but I believe it can win if it's executed properly. We need a QB to do that just like any team does. It's no coincidence that so many coaches have losing records when they don't have a qb but then one appears and they are instantly winners and sometimes even considered genius.

DBrown77
12-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Yup, nothing is going to change until Ralph disappears :pray:Nothing like wishing death on someone!

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Nothing like wishing death on someone!
Who said anything about death?

DBrown77
12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Who said anything about death?Nothing like inferring death on someone!

Mad Bomber
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
This team right now SUCKS. It has no identity and no leadership. There is some talent there, but it is NOT being utilized.

Point in fact...we spent a second round draft choice for a tall receiver. Did we use him last week when we were in the Red Zone???? NO. We tried to force a pass into Roscoe Parrish, who is about 4 feet tall. We didn't even TRY to run the ball with Marshawn, who had been eating this defense up all day.

This coaching staff and its play calling just flat out SUCKS.

It's as bad as I have seen in over 45 years of being a Bills fan.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Nothing like inferring death on someone!
I just wouldn't mind if he walked away and never returned, nothing wrong with that, it happens.

DBrown77
12-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I just wouldn't mind if he walked away and never returned, nothing wrong with that, it happens.Well if you word it that way I think we can all agree

yordad
12-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Trent doesn't even get a full 2 seasons and already hes not a proven NFL QB? Is this a trick question?

yordad
12-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Gr8slyer, do you not feel that if Ralph dies, Kelly and Co. buy the team, Cowher is signed as HC, and the Bills go onto win Super Bowl XLIII that your RE-fanhoodship would be severely tainted. And that deep down you will know that you don't feel that sweet feel of victory like a die hard Bills fan who never quit does.

I am pot committed. I just cannot fold this hand.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Gr8slyer, do you not feel that if Ralph dies, Kelly and Co. buy the team, Cowher is signed as HC, and the Bills go onto win Super Bowl XLIII that your RE-fanhoodship would be severely tainted. And that deep down you will know that you don't feel that sweet feel of victory like a die hard Bills fan who never quit does.

There's no "re-fanhood" about it. I'll always cheer for the Bills, if they win the Super Bowl in the near future I'll be as happy for them as any Bills fan out there, I just refuse to support them financially anymore. It's a really bad investment.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-02-2008, 10:49 PM
i listened to thurman thomas yesterday as well, and he is saying what everyone is saying
All the media
All the sports casters
All the fans
We arent as stupid as we look everyone knows this is a crap team crap front office, crap player personel, crap uniforms
CHANGE SOMETHING

Unfortunatly, they will make a big press confrence... roll out all the media and get everyone worked up...

... and announce a uniform change!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM

welllll.... if you are pot committed then that makes it all good.

LOL!

jamze132
12-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Well then you can consider yourself as part of the reason if the Bills leave town.

Thanks from all of us who don't live anywhere near Buffalo. We don't get the chance to watch the Bills at the stadium, but I can gaurantee, I would own seasons if I lived close to Buffalo, regardless of how crappy this team is.

Night Train
12-03-2008, 07:12 AM
I can gaurantee, I would own seasons if I lived close to Buffalo, regardless of how crappy this team is.

Do it for 40+ years, shelling out thousands in the process & then review what you've seen.

There is a reason why many of us lifers have become almost apathetic towards Ralph & his ways. There IS a breaking point after attending 300 + games in person with so little return.

Typ0
12-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Well then you can consider yourself as part of the reason if the Bills leave town.

Thanks from all of us who don't live anywhere near Buffalo. We don't get the chance to watch the Bills at the stadium, but I can gaurantee, I would own seasons if I lived close to Buffalo, regardless of how crappy this team is.

that's easy to say...until you have to pay full price for preseason games, are subjected to unfair upgrade policies and you realize how much money you are spending to watch a team that stinks.

justasportsfan
12-03-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm listening to Lee Evans on WGR right now. It really sounds to me like the game plans are good. .

Gameplan may have been good , but gameday playcalling wasn't.

Peters agrees with Evans
By Chris Brown - Posted December 1st, 2008
On Sunday after the game Lee Evans strongly suggested that running the ball more in the red zone would have been a good idea.

“You let your linemen, you let Marshawn do his thing,” said Evans when asked about the red zone performance. ”I think we had some momentum running the football. I think that’s the most frustrating part about it. When you gameplan week to week, you look at what’s going to work down there and one of your mentalities is you’ve got to run it down their throats in the red zone. You have to be able to do that and we didn’t.”

On Monday Jason Peters was posed a similar question.

“I think we could have thrown in a run or two, but we have to execute the plays that are called and make it work,” said Peters. ”I think we could have run it a little bit more.”

When told that head coach Dick Jauron conceded Monday that Marshawn should have gotten more touches particularly in the fourth quarter, Peters had more to offer.

“That’s unlikely for a coach to admit it, but he took it on his shoulders to admit that he should have run it more and we know we should have run it more in the red zone.”

Kind of hurts to realize that now.

Jauron on use of Marshawn
By Chris Brown - Posted December 1st, 2008
On Monday afternoon I asked coach Jauron if it was just coincidence that Marshawn Lynch had just one carry in the fourth quarter. Here was his response.

“I wish he would have touched the ball more obviously,” he said.

Lynch had just 16 carries in the game despite a career high 8.4 yards per carry average.

Buffalo had nine plays inside the 10-yard line and Lynch only got his number called on one of those plays. Jauron was asked if that’s the best utilization of Lynch under those circumstances.

“Not when you fail,” said Jauron. “Nothing is a good utilization of anything when it doesn’t work. That’s kind of where we are. Nothing worked very well for us on that side of the ball in the red zone.”

Jauron also stated that it’s their goal every game to get Lynch about 25 carries.

“We are believers that you don’t want to destroy your running back,” he said. ”You don’t want your running back running 33 times a game. So we like to limit his touches to the mid-twenties. It’s a very long season. Sometimes we don’t get there and sometimes we overdo it, but that’s our goal.”

For the record the number of times Lynch has carried the ball 23-26 times this season has been twice (vs. Oak, vs. Clev).

Number of times over that mark? Zero.

Average carries per game this season 17.08.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

this is the problem of our team under Dick, we can't make gameday adjustments when the D's shows you something our O didn't practice for. Our LEADER has implied this.

jamze132
12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
that's easy to say...until you have to pay full price for preseason games, are subjected to unfair upgrade policies and you realize how much money you are spending to watch a team that stinks.
You don't know me. Season tickets would go into my families budget I would be at every home game.

jamze132
12-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Do it for 40+ years, shelling out thousands in the process & then review what you've seen.

There is a reason why many of us lifers have become almost apathetic towards Ralph & his ways. There IS a breaking point after attending 300 + games in person with so little return.
40+ years is a long time and I can respect anyone who's had to put up with this crap that long. But I have a hard time hearing the same thing from a youngster who refuses to go because his team can't win a game.

jamze132
12-03-2008, 09:33 AM
These are just my opinions folks.

mchurchfie
12-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Thurman's been eating too many Sahlen's Hotdogs lately.

Typ0
12-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Gameplan may have been good , but gameday playcalling wasn't.

actually, he said the offense was based on package plays and it was the QBs responsibility to run the right play in the package. How do you know that the right packages aren't being sent in and the QB is running the wrong option for the defense being shown?

justasportsfan
12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
actually, he said the offense was based on package plays and it was the QBs responsibility to run the right play in the package. How do you know that the right packages aren't being sent in and the QB is running the wrong option for the defense being shown?
I don't and neither do you .I just went by the results. If we can't get any results from the players then that reflects the coaching staff. It's their job to get it done or find someone else who can. THey annointed Trent because they thought he could get it done. Well, they made their decisions they should be held accountable. Teams have still been able to win games with crappy qb play especially AGAINST CRAPPY TEAMS . We can't even do that vs. singletery who's a first time coach?

If you can't see how bad it looks when Dick gets outcoached by a coach who's had a few games under his belt and who's team who should be in a bigger mess than we are you're blind.

WE got our arse handed to us by AT HOME by a team thats in as of a mess as the STL rams who switched coaches during the season. Dick had continuity but yet he got beat.

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2008, 10:39 AM
That was great.

But seriously, he has a 113-94 record (even with those horrible Arizona years factored in) and has 8 playoff appearances in 10 years with Minnesota.

Randy Moss and Cris Carter.

I would love it if Marty wanted to come coach for us! Maybe Marty could also recommend us a good GM.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Ralph won't change and the team will be moved.

The only way we make the playoffs is through pure luck.

I actually don't blame Jauron completely because this team has holes everywhere. Thsi team's roster is a joke.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Ralph won't change and the team will be moved.

The only way we make the playoffs is through pure luck.

I actually don't blame Jauron completely because this team has holes everywhere. Thsi team's roster is a joke.
You realize that it's generally up to the GM, not the coach to put the talent on the field.