PDA

View Full Version : Do we need to rebuild?

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Yesterday I asked if you guys could go through another rebuild and the overwhelming response is, that yes most could. So now the question is, do you feel like we need it.

This would be a complete overhaul of the FO, Coaching Staff, and Players we have on the roster. Assume that nobody from the FO, or staff would be retained and only a handful of players, likely; Lynch, Evans, Peters, Stroud, McKelvin, and Hardy. We are talking about new schemes, and a ton of new players in here. Do you think we need to do that? Is it time to blow up the cluster we have now and start again.

Note: This is not a question where you can say yes but only if we hire Cowher and Wolf and draft guy A, B, and C. This is you putting your faith in the Bills to make the calls to make the right hires this time to rebuild this team correctly, or being willing to go forward with what we got now.

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Rebuild what? We haven't built anything yet.

We only have a handful of expensive vets and other than the DE's they're still serviceable. We're not even close to being in cap trouble. Everyone else is young and inexperienced, and replacing them with more youth and inexperience doesn't solve anything.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Yes, they need to literally start from scratch, new system, new defensive scheme, new owner, new coach, new players.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Rebuild what? We haven't built anything yet.

We only have a handful of expensive vets and other than the DE's they're still serviceable. We're not even close to being in cap trouble. Everyone else is young and inexperienced, and replacing them with more youth and inexperience doesn't solve anything.

So then you're answer would be no obviously.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't like the term rebuild.

Unless you consider adding a stud DE, C, P, K, SS, FS, and TE rebuilding.

Also maybe a vet. QB. Maybe Leftwich only signed a 1 year deal with Pittsburgh. Even though I don't really care to have another china doll.

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes, they need to literally start from scratch, new system, new defensive scheme, new owner, new coach, new players.

new defensive scheme absolutely.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't like the term rebuild.

Unless you consider adding a stud DE, C, P, K, SS, FS, and TE rebuilding.

Also maybe a vet. QB. Maybe Leftwich only signed a 1 year deal with Pittsburgh. Even though I don't really care to have another china doll.

I dont, I laid out the scenario pretty clearly.

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 12:08 PM
So then you're answer would be no obviously.

I see dread's point on the schemes, which would definitely require new coaches and probably require significant personnel changes, to the point where it can be considered rebuilding.

But at the same time, I don't know what the point would be because we still have the same owner and the same FO management that has already screwed up rebuilding twice, going on 3 times.

I just have no confidence that rebuilding AGAIN would yield better results.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I see dread's point on the schemes, which would definitely require new coaches and probably require significant personnel changes, to the point where it can be considered rebuilding.

But at the same time, I don't know what the point would be because we still have the same owner and the same FO management that has already screwed up rebuilding twice, going on 3 times.

I just have no confidence that rebuilding AGAIN would yield better results.

Negative please re-read the scenario, only thing that remains the same is the owner and a handful of players, new FO, new staff, new personell.

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Negative please re-read the scenario, only thing that remains the same is the owner and a handful of players, new FO, new staff, new personell.

then yes I'd absolutely do it. Blow the whole ****ing thing up. I'm just really sick of this team doing the same crap over and over again and expecting different results, or even worse, the way Brandon gets fans to expect different results and thus fork over cash.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 12:12 PM
then yes I'd absolutely do it. Blow the whole ****ing thing up. I'm just really sick of this team doing the same crap over and over again and expecting different results, or even worse, the way Brandon gets fans to expect different results and thus fork over cash.

Well then vote yes.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I dont, I laid out the scenario pretty clearly.

Thx.

Along with the other moves I mentioned would be a new GM or who ever it is that decides on what player the Bills select in the draft.

A new coach is not a top priority next year because imo there isn't a coach out there would could turn the slugs on the field into a good team.

We need talented players more than anything else.

BillsWin
12-02-2008, 12:49 PM
No, we need to REVAMP. add some last components. maybe even get a new coach.

I believe our young core of players including but not limited to:

Evans, Edwards, Lynch, Peters, Whitner, Williams, McKelvin, Greer

will all proove to be a good base for this team.

But they need some help.

Bill Cowher...

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
new defensive scheme absolutely.
I'd keep the Defensive system over the O if I had to pick one.

Lexwhat
12-02-2008, 12:57 PM
No, we need to REVAMP. add some last components. maybe even get a new coach.

I believe our young core of players including but not limited to:

Evans, Edwards, Lynch, Peters, Whitner, Williams, McKelvin, Greer

will all proove to be a good base for this team.

But they need some help.

Bill Cowher...

When new coaches come in, they rarely "Revamp."

If we do fire Jauron, look for most of the staff to leave too. This will key in new schemes, which means half the roster will surely be replaced.

Lexwhat
12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I do think we have some players to build around (Edwards [yes, Trent], Lynch, Evans, Peters, Stroud, Poz), but I don't think we'll ever win a championship with this roster or this scheme.

I guess my choice is "A."

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I do think we have some players to build around (Edwards [yes, Trent], Lynch, Evans, Peters, Stroud, Poz), but I don't think we'll ever win a championship with this roster or this scheme.

I guess my choice is "A."

what if the new GM/coach decides to re sign JP and build around him.

:snicker:

BillsWin
12-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Then they better stick with him and coach him up.

If you can win a superbowl with Trent Dilfer...

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I'd keep the Defensive system over the O if I had to pick one.

our O has a system? Really? Are you sure?

bigbub2352
12-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I think this team has to rebuild, we have to many players making **** tons of money and underperforming, those players need to go
You always have holdovers from the old regime, and i think that would be more than just a couple of players, say 20 would stay players like Poz, Mitchell, Stroud, Trent, Lynch, Evans hardy Leodis, Hopefully Greer, Whitner, Peters Dockery and Walker K Williams, Spencer Johnson, Corner, Wendling, Scott, Parrish, Steve Johnson, Chambers, Digorgio, etc
The rest good bye good riddance thanks for raping the bills fans wallets with your subpar bull****

Coaching staff, Front office, and Owner would be more than refreshing
Ralph clearly has no idea anymore and maybe never did
CHANGE
we need a new offense AGAIN
a new defense AGAIN
Bobby April can stay but how about alot less say on who we keep and coach who we kept for depth reasons not ST coverage unit heros like Justin Jenkins and Corto

Mad Bomber
12-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah. A septic system.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 01:14 PM

yup. A Septic system.

Mad Bomber
12-02-2008, 01:15 PM
yup. A Septic system.
Great minds think alike. :hi5:

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah. A septic system.
haha!

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Great minds think alike. :hi5:
you may not want to be associated with my thoughts. It hazardous to your health.

Lexwhat
12-02-2008, 01:35 PM

:rofl:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm. Probably hope that Jeff George comes out of retirement.