PDA

View Full Version : Who are the most likely suitors now that Mr. Canada is dead??

Mitchy moo
12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
I'll Start with Jimbo and his mystery wagon. :skooby:

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 12:33 PM
JIMBO JIMBO JIMBO JIMBO JIMBO JIMBO

Nighthawk
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I say Skooby should make a bid for the team!

BillsWin
12-02-2008, 12:39 PM
wait... what happened?

LarryBoy
12-02-2008, 12:41 PM
wait... what happened?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3738984

BillsWin
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
damn! I just saw the other thread. RIP

But I believe Jimbo/ Golisano.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Rogers Communications...

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 01:13 PM
The dude has a wife and a son who will most likely inherit all his wealth and companies. This doesn't really change much in terms of the Bills' future. If the Rogers family wants to buy the Bills and Ralph is willing to sell, it will happen.

Ebenezer
12-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Rogers Communications...
or Mr. Rogers family members.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 01:17 PM
salvation army

Mitchy moo
12-02-2008, 01:50 PM
salvation army

Well, that will put JP in the right spot then.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 01:52 PM

:rofl:

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 01:53 PM
he belongs in goodwill

Typ0
12-02-2008, 02:20 PM
would you like cheese on that?

zone
12-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't want TG anywhere near the Buffalo Bills, it would be like having Ralph Wilson's clone....

Forward_Lateral
12-02-2008, 02:23 PM
The Buffalo Bills need to be made public like the Green Bay Packers.

trapezeus
12-02-2008, 02:36 PM
anyone who buys the Bills and looks to keep them here are going to be cost concious. to think ralph is just cheap and hording all this money is ridiculous. He obviously makes a lot, but the salary cap is much higher than what the smaller teams can handle. the fact other teams are moving to cash to cap structures proves that.

I'd like to see a new owner put a priority on GM, scouting, and Coach. It seems to me that teams that do that win, regardless of who is playing and no matter what the salary demands of players are or injuries that occur.

Ralph seems to consistently think that getting the players gets the job done. You're projects don't get done around the house because of the tools. They get done because you either hire someone to do it, or you put in the work yourself. the tools only help.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
What ever happens I hope it happens soon either way. I am sick of waiting around. I want to know if I should buy Sabres Tickets instead next year.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 03:44 PM
anyone who buys the Bills and looks to keep them here are going to be cost concious. to think ralph is just cheap and hording all this money is ridiculous. He obviously makes a lot, but the salary cap is much higher than what the smaller teams can handle. the fact other teams are moving to cash to cap structures proves that.

I'd like to see a new owner put a priority on GM, scouting, and Coach. It seems to me that teams that do that win, regardless of who is playing and no matter what the salary demands of players are or injuries that occur.

Ralph seems to consistently think that getting the players gets the job done. You're projects don't get done around the house because of the tools. They get done because you either hire someone to do it, or you put in the work yourself. the tools only help.

there has to be a plan and some vision to get a return on the money spent. Ralph Wilson is old school miser mentality from back in the days when American business was about hording and doing your best to rip people off. Today, business and marketing is about meeting peoples needs and wants effectively and profit is drawn from your success in that area. Ralph Wilson is looking at things constantly internally and neglecting the needs of the marketplace.

I'm not saying blowing a ton of money is going to do anything but be wasteful. However, you need to try different things for real and not just PR spin on top of steaming crap. You need to be willing to spend to put a winning product on the field to at least gain some popularity and increase revenues on your products and their extensions. Wilson won't do these things.

X-Era
12-02-2008, 03:59 PM
I'll Start with Jimbo and his mystery wagon. :skooby:

Jimbo will only push someone like Goli to make the move.

There is ZERO chance we leave. It will never happen IMO.

I already have shown the numbers, this team is growing in additional revenue by 59 mill every year. Its viable here in Buffalo.

Night Train
12-02-2008, 05:33 PM
If anything, I see the NFL reducing to 24 teams. No new city can afford them now, in these times.

How long we can hang on will be triggered upon Ralph's passing. Would the NFL commish talk to a local buyer first or will economics doom us ?

You take it year by year at this point. Just root for them. It's all a huge unknown.