PDA

View Full Version : Lindell

billsfanone
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Someone please explain to me why he's any good. I might just be a disgruntled fan with a muddied view, but it seems to me he rarely makes the long ones (if they even try). So the stat before last game about his streak from less than 40 never sat well with me because he either misses long ones or they don't even try at all. And to compound it always seems like the other teams' kickers nail long ones in the same conditions.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 02:20 PM
he's a very consistent kicker but doesn't have the long range is all. I've thought since the time he was added to the roster we should give up one of these crap ST roster spots to a kicker who can bang it a long distance for kickoffs and low percentage long field goal tries. Get a soccer player who can just kick it a long ways for cripes sakes...

OpIv37
12-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I hated Lindell when he first came to this team.

But in 2005, when this team started to struggle, he started hitting FG's left and right.
Since then he's been very consistent until the last few games.

Sure, he has his limitations. But going back to 2005, he's consistently done exactly what has been asked of him by this team, and he's done it well. Who on this team can say that? Pretty much just him and Moorman.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I am just about where Op is. I hated the guy, but he has hit a number of big kicks and is reliable inside 50 (and last year, even outside 50).

trapezeus
12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
always hated the guy. his first season here was a disaster. and while his stats improved he still misses a lot. and the fact they don't even try outside the 50 unless the pressure is on, is partly on his shoulders.

personally we've set up a team that looks to score very few points and then try to stop them on defense. we might as well get a legit kicker who nails well over 85% of his kicks.

Also, he should be out practicing outside like the rest of the team. even if the team doesn't go outside, he should be nailing kicks in the ralph at all times.

I'm done with lindell.

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 02:34 PM
he's okay but not clutch

Oaf
12-02-2008, 02:39 PM
not only Lindell but how bad was Moorman on sunday? Geez, both the Nedney (journeyman) and their punter destroyed ours in that game. That was a big difference.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Someone please explain to me why he's any good. I might just be a disgruntled fan with a muddied view, but it seems to me he rarely makes the long ones (if they even try). So the stat before last game about his streak from less than 40 never sat well with me because he either misses long ones or they don't even try at all. And to compound it always seems like the other teams' kickers nail long ones in the same conditions.

He's like Moorman, living on the past.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 02:42 PM
always hated the guy. his first season here was a disaster. and while his stats improved he still misses a lot. and the fact they don't even try outside the 50 unless the pressure is on, is partly on his shoulders.

personally we've set up a team that looks to score very few points and then try to stop them on defense. we might as well get a legit kicker who nails well over 85% of his kicks.

Also, he should be out practicing outside like the rest of the team. even if the team doesn't go outside, he should be nailing kicks in the ralph at all times.

I'm done with lindell.

How many kickers in NFL history have made over 85% of their kicks?

Lindell is the most accurate kicker in Bills history. He has made over 85% o3 of his 6 years with the team. He has made 83% overall and 85% his last 5 years.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
BTW, he has made 60% of his career kicks over 50 yards for his career and is 8/11 as a Bill over 50 yards.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I'd rather have a kicker who does't choke. Lindell is largely to blame for the Bills past 2 losses.

Vanderjet was accurate also but Indy ditched his ass for someone who can kick in the clutch.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
BTW, only two kickers have made over 85% in their career. Vanderjagt with 86.47% and Graham with 85.39%. Lindell's career is just over 80%

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/fieldgoals

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I'd rather have a kicker who does't choke. Lindell is largely to blame for the Bills past 2 losses.

Vanderjet was accurate also but Indy ditched his ass for someone who can kick in the clutch.

No, he is not laregly to blame. Especially Cleveland.

Unless you credit him for the game winners he has hit. (Washington, Cleveland, etc.) Is he largely responsible for those wins?

justasportsfan
12-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Lindell would be a great kicker for teams that don't have to depend on their kicker to win it.Teams that like to step on peoples throats via TD's.

Since Dick likes ball control ,keep the games close and hopefully win it in the last couple of drives, Lindell may not be ideal.

RockStar36
12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I hated the guy in his first year but up until late this season he's been fine. He is in a bit of a slump right now.

BillsWin
12-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Hes usually consistent. he holds several NFL records for streaks and the most XP made in consecutive order to start a kicker's career. He's not horrible, hes just hit a bad run.

trapezeus
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
his +40 kicks are misleading because the team often goes for it or punts in that area. when kicking towards the score board, (the trickier end of the two), he misses a lot more. Christie mastered those kicks. and he kicked when it mattered.

Lindell ain't that guy.

Perhaps my stat requirement ws too much, but lindell can't be depended on outside of 40 and now is missing inside of the Extra point area. that's unacceptable.

MikeInRoch
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM

Yes, because making two kicks against SF would have made the score 10-9. Er, wait....

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 03:24 PM
his +40 kicks are misleading because the team often goes for it or punts in that area. when kicking towards the score board, (the trickier end of the two), he misses a lot more. Christie mastered those kicks. and he kicked when it mattered.

Lindell ain't that guy.

Perhaps my stat requirement ws too much, but lindell can't be depended on outside of 40 and now is missing inside of the Extra point area. that's unacceptable.

He missed one kick in that area. One. He has made the most consecutive EPs to start a career. He is not missing kicks in that area.

Did you even see the numbers on his kicks outside of 50? From 40-49 he is 63% as a Bill.

I don't love the guy, but he is not as bad as you say.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
No, he is not laregly to blame. Especially Cleveland. ?

:lmao: Right. If Lindell makes the kick the Bills most likely win. It's really that simple. Lindell has been as big of goat as anyone the Bills past 2 losses.

Unless you credit him for the game winners he has hit. (Washington, Cleveland, etc.) Is he largely responsible for those wins?
I don't recall those games. If the Bills won those games and Lindell made some FG's than he would be one of the reasons we won.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 03:47 PM
:lmao: Right. If Lindell makes the kick the Bills most likely win. It's really that simple. Lindell has been as big of goat as anyone the Bills past 2 losses.

I don't recall those games. If the Bills won those games and Lindell made some FG's than he would be one of the reasons we won.

I believe he hit the game winning FG's in those games, but you are using faulty logic. He misses a FG's and his the goat for loss, he hits a game winner and he is only one reason for a win. Doesn't make much sense.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Come on DB, without JP to place all of the blame on, TD has to find somebody.

We all know that all losses are the fault of one player.

The good news is the QBs and coaches did well against San Fran!

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 03:52 PM

No, it isn't.

hydro
12-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Also hit the Oakland game winner in the last few seconds. And that was this year! How soon we forget!

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 03:56 PM

We all know that all losses are the fault of one player.

The good news is the QBs and coaches did well against San Fran!

No now he believe Lynch to be a horrible RB.

Chimpanze
12-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Come on DB, without JP to place all of the blame on,

But it is JPs FAULT!

He sucked against the Cards and once again against the 49ers!

And this is with lots of time on the field, not just the last quarter!

But onto Lindell, TIME TO CUT HIM. There are many others out there. His time has come and gone!

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 04:37 PM

It's pretty damn funny watching you defend Lindell.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
No now he believe Lynch to be a horrible RB.

Link?

I love how you guys pull stuff out of your ass.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I believe he hit the game winning FG's in those games, but you are using faulty logic. He misses a FG's and his the goat for loss, he hits a game winner and he is only one reason for a win. Doesn't make much sense.

Yes, Lindell would be in the top 2 for biggest goats against Cleve. and San Fran.

Hard to understand if you do good you are part of the reason we win and if you do bad you are part of the reason we lost?

It's really not that hard to understand.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 06:17 PM
It's pretty damn funny watching you defend Lindell.
You hate facts and data, eh?

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes, it is.

Since you are likely just trying to get a response and stir the pot, I will stop.

Because if you really think the Browns game was only on Lindell, there is not way to get the truth through to you.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Since you are likely just trying to get a response and stir the pot, I will stop.

Because if you really think the Browns game was only on Lindell, there is not way to get the truth through to you.

Wait, wait, wait, where did I say it was only Lindell? :link: please.

What I have said is Lindell is one of the main reasons we lost.

Mad Bomber
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Give the guy a break. He has been one of the best kickers we have had since Steve Christie. He has had three REALLY bad kicks in the last two games, that have probably cost us games. However, I'm not ready to throw him under the bus right now. I have, however, cursed his name, and the names of his ancestors, the past few games. Don't put words in his mouth.

Mad Bomber
12-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Wait, wait, wait, where did I say it was only Lindell? :link: please.

What I have said is Lindell is one of the main reasons we lost.
In defense of TD, I have to say that I can't remember him blaming Lindell in any of his posts for a loss.

I can't believe I'm defending TD. I don't always agree with what he says (actually, I tend to disagree with a lot of his posts), and I almost never post arguments to his posts (if I disagree with another Zoner, I usually just move on), but I feel he is right here. Don't put words in his mouth.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Link?

I love how you guys pull stuff out of your ass.

But its just so easy to do with you, you talk all the time about how Lynch is not a good back. I dont need a link to verify it, you've spouted off in multiple threads about it. If people need to verify all they need to do is search your post history.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes, Lindell would be in the top 2 for biggest goats against Cleve. and San Fran.

Hard to understand if you do good you are part of the reason we win and if you do bad you are part of the reason we lost?

It's really not that hard to understand.

No what's hard to understand is your dislike for some players and excuse making for others.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
But its just so easy to do with you, you talk all the time about how Lynch is not a good back. I dont need a link to verify it, you've spouted off in multiple threads about it.

Putting more words in my mouth. You can't provide a link because there is none.

Lynch is a good back, Jackson is just the better overall back.

I have never said Lynch wasn't good.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 09:05 PM
No what's hard to understand is your dislike for some players and excuse making for others.

:lol: Who do I give excuses for? I'd like to know what players I've been praising.

jamze132
12-03-2008, 04:37 AM
At first I didn't care for Lindell, but up until a couple weeks ago, when I saw him run onto the field for FG attempt, I used to go get another beer and hit the bathroom because I knew he was going to make it.