PDA

View Full Version : This is not meant to pick a fight

X-Era
12-02-2008, 05:13 PM
But I have a simple question.

Why do non-Bills fans come here?

There are boards for all team fans... but then why here?

Seriously, as a non-Bills fan, why post here?

DynaPaul
12-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I've been asking myself that same question for years now...

Typ0
12-02-2008, 05:22 PM
this site has been successful at keeping opposing teams fans when they visit the week before a game. links are posted on other message boards and people follow the links. You all are active internet users and that's all they are.

X-Era
12-02-2008, 05:24 PM
this site has been successful at keeping opposing teams fans when they visit the week before a game. links are posted on other message boards and people follow the links. You all are active internet users and that's all they are.

Sure, game day or week non-Bills fans would want to come and talk up the game. That makes sense. But why do some stay, and post almost daily?

Mitchell55
12-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Sure, game day or week non-Bills fans would want to come and talk up the game. That makes sense. But why do some stay, and post almost daily?

True, we have a Jets, Pittsburgh, Miami, and pats fan who posts daily, and a obnoctious bills fan who cant spell right. Oh, thats me LOL.

Mr. Pink
12-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm a fan of both Cleveland and Buffalo.

I post on both team sites. I do admit I post here more frequently because I live here and am exposed to all things Bills on a more daily basis. I probably know more about Buffalo Bills football than Browns football even though I'm a bigger fan of the Browns.

I've never denied that I root for the Browns more so than the Bills.

I'm also just as critical of both teams for their bonehead mistakes and blunders.

I want both teams to succeed.

This board is run much better and there are some more quality posters here, to be honest. The Browns board I frequent is full of people like The_Answer. So I use the Browns board more for actual news and developments and this site more for just shooting the breeze and talking football.

I'm about 5 to 1 on posts here to posts there.

X-Era
12-02-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm a fan of both Cleveland and Buffalo.

I post on both team sites. I do admit I post here more frequently because I live here and am exposed to all things Bills on a more daily basis. I probably know more about Buffalo Bills football than Browns football even though I'm a bigger fan of the Browns.

I've never denied that I root for the Browns more so than the Bills.

I'm also just as critical of both teams for their bonehead mistakes and blunders.

I want both teams to succeed.

This board is run much better and there are some more quality posters here, to be honest. The Browns board I frequent is full of people like The_Answer. So I use the Browns board more for actual news and developments and this site more for just shooting the breeze and talking football.

I'm about 5 to 1 on posts here to posts there.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Typ0
12-02-2008, 05:48 PM

residuals ;)

Bockcity
12-02-2008, 06:30 PM
For the same reasons Bills fans came over to Finheaven in droves when you guys were 4-0. To talk smack...or talk football.

I come here to do both but mostly talk football (plus it is the Bills/Fins week so thats why I am posting here more).

It is funny cause I havent seen a number of Bills fans post smack over on Finheaven (justasportsfan, Crisis etc) but now they are no where to be found haha.

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Why do other teams fans come here, because we are the best.

Mr. Pink
12-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Why do other teams fans come here, because we are the best.

That's because fans of other teams, like moi, make this place the best! :up:

!Papacrunk!
12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I always hate when opposing fans talk smack AFTER a win, but never show up if their team loses. I've well established myself here to prove that I can take my medicine with the best of them, and before this year, I've taken quite my share and I'm still here. Because of that, I'd like to think I've earned the chance to give some (respectful, most of the time, lol) razzin when my team wins--hasn't happened too much these last some years.

On the other side, I really like football and I pick my battles when it comes to putting my 2 cents in when it comes to football things, even Bills type items. Plus the NFL forum has been pretty good, it needs a bit more of a pulse, so I need to post a bit more there. Plus the Twilight Zone can be entertaining, especially being a lurker at NO-TOS.

Here's the simple key for ANY fan of any team, try to be as respectful as you can to your fellow poster. It can be a challenge at time for everybody, but it can happen, lol.

huck1974
12-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I post the week of our matchup for some good conversation about the upcoming game. This year you guys are pretty quiet. lol:D:

TacklingDummy
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM

You never been banned from finheaven?

DraftBoy
12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Actually FTY I was going to say we are the best due to my incredible draft coverage and my welcoming personality :db:

X-Era
12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
You never been banned from finheaven?

I have never gone there, I have no interest in talking intelligently about the Fins... they are not my team.

Or you could look at it like this... we have not been so lucky as to have no issue to talk about... probably ever.

I mean I have no need to talk about some other team when theres so much to talk about with my own team.

SquishDaFish
12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Because this board is the best Football board on the net? :idunno:

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Because it's one of the best run boards on the web and thus is one of the best the web has to offer. Sure there are a few people that could use some lessons about how the game of football works, but for the most part the people here can have an intelligent conversation about the greatest game the world has to offer. Everyone, except DB, TD, SAB, Op, Mad Bomber, Hydro, BMN, Lecter, and Rockstar of course, they need to jump off a cliff. But especially DB, I hear he has a picture of Mel Kiper Jr. above his bed accompanied by a bottle of lotion on the table next to his bed.

Mad Bomber
12-02-2008, 07:13 PM

Ummm....because it is just the BEST football forum on the Web?

X-Era
12-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I have said before, and agree now, that this is the best board on the net.

However, a discussion in the best place about a team thats not yours will NEVER compete with discussion about YOUR team even in a crappy site.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I have said before, and agree now, that this is the best board on the net.

However, a discussion in the best place about a team thats not yours will NEVER compete with discussion about YOUR team even in a crappy site.
Get over it, it's a free site where people can come and talk about the NFL. You can always put these people who bother you on ignore too.

X-Era
12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Get over it, it's a free site where people can come and talk about the NFL. You can always put these people who bother you on ignore too.

Theres nothing to get over... Im not under anything.

Im asking a simple question to poll the non-Bills fans.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Theres nothing to get over... Im not under anything.

Im asking a simple question to poll the non-Bills fans.
And several people have given you very similar answers. Not everyone follows just one team, I post on at least one message board for every single team in the NFL. I'm an NFL fan before I'm a fan of any one particular team.

X-Era
12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
And several people have given you very similar answers. Not everyone follows just one team, I post on at least one message board for every single team in the NFL. I'm an NFL fan before I'm a fan of any one particular team.

Thats is not a similar answer... and therefore has unique value.

gr8slayer
12-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Thats is not a similar answer... and therefore has unique value.
The original response to the thread was easily similar.

dbergan
12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Well..Im a fins fan who lurks here but never posts.

Heres the deal...good sites deserve attention. This is a good site by fans of the bills. Fans of the game love to see like minded folks..even if we agree to hate each other...:D:

Seriously...football fans can agree to hate each others teams but we all agree to love the game...so....all is good IMHO. :rockon:

Ickybaluky
12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
For me, it was always the pastries. However, LOG doesn't seem to bake much anymore so I don't come around as often.

thecoordinator
12-02-2008, 10:53 PM
i like to keep up with the afc east boards....this one is by far my favorite because of how delusional most bills fans are. very entertaining...

LtFinFan66
12-02-2008, 11:26 PM

1) Because I can
2) Because I found this place through a Bills fans sig on a Fin site:idunno:
3) Because there are good folks here
4) Because I talk more life in general than football
5) Because having all fans of the same team spewing doom and gloom would get boring
6) Because it's nicer to read the doom and gloom of others then it is to read the same stuff about your own team sometimes
7) Because it's nice to hear the opinions of your team from rival fans whether good or bad
8)Why do you really care?

Dolphinatic
12-03-2008, 01:25 AM
I lurk here occasionally, usually on Bills-Fins game weeks, but haven't posted in a long time.

Good to be back! I can feel the love already...

X-Era
12-03-2008, 06:05 AM
1) Because I can
2) Because I found this place through a Bills fans sig on a Fin site:idunno:
3) Because there are good folks here
4) Because I talk more life in general than football
5) Because having all fans of the same team spewing doom and gloom would get boring
6) Because it's nicer to read the doom and gloom of others then it is to read the same stuff about your own team sometimes
7) Because it's nice to hear the opinions of your team from rival fans whether good or bad
8)Why do you really care?
:clap:

Im interested to hear... I asked the question because I can. :up:

CuseJetsFan83
12-03-2008, 06:07 AM
see my signature........ but in all seriousness a friend of mine was talking about the site years ago, as to look for tickets to a game, and ive been here since......... met quite a few of the members, and even seen a sabres game with mikey and dr. lecter

DraftBoy
12-03-2008, 06:22 AM
1)Because DB is the man!

Fixed :db:

LtFinFan66
12-03-2008, 06:28 AM
:mad:

FinFaninBuffalo
12-03-2008, 06:54 AM

Two reasons for me:

1. Because we are fans of rival teams.
2. I live in Buffalo

I don't post on any other team's message boards besides the Bills and Fins. I have many friends who are Bills fans and my rivalry with them has lasted nearly 40 years (it pains me to admit that).

I would think that objective, respectful, outside opinion and debate would be welcome by level-headed fans.

DraftBoy
12-03-2008, 07:26 AM
:mad:

You're not mad, I only speak the truth!

SABURZFAN
12-03-2008, 09:20 AM
i don't mind other teams fans here.

dplus47
12-03-2008, 04:05 PM
i'm a fan of the phins, and i post here because i like the community. i don't post on message boards to get my views confirmed; i like the idea of an exchange of information.

the most important reason why i post here is perspective. two semi-clear examples below...

want to understand more about your fellow bills fans? an easy way to do it is to spend some time talking back-and-forth with fans of other teams. the crazy swings of emotion that fans go through are easier to see when you're not a fan of the team in question. watching people argue in circles over things i don't particularly care about keeps me out of pointless arguments over things i do care about, because it's easier for me to spot a "no win" argument now.

in general, being an opposing team's fan on this site has helped me understand how alike we all are in some ways; this helps make losses easier for me to take somehow, because i know as mad as i am about the loss, there's somebody out there who is happy.

X-Era
12-03-2008, 05:05 PM
i'm a fan of the phins, and i post here because i like the community. i don't post on message boards to get my views confirmed; i like the idea of an exchange of information.

the most important reason why i post here is perspective. two semi-clear examples below...

want to understand more about your fellow bills fans? an easy way to do it is to spend some time talking back-and-forth with fans of other teams. the crazy swings of emotion that fans go through are easier to see when you're not a fan of the team in question. watching people argue in circles over things i don't particularly care about keeps me out of pointless arguments over things i do care about, because it's easier for me to spot a "no win" argument now.

in general, being an opposing team's fan on this site has helped me understand how alike we all are in some ways; this helps make losses easier for me to take somehow, because i know as mad as i am about the loss, there's somebody out there who is happy.

:clap: :up: :clap:

A thoughtful response. I have NO arguement to that.

X-Era
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
i like to keep up with the afc east boards....this one is by far my favorite because of how delusional most bills fans are. very entertaining...

Have fun in the red... your gonna be there a while I think

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 08:23 AM

i can see where you're coming from. fellow Bills fans are Haters when you tell them how it REALLY is.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
What's ironic about this thread is that he asks the question and then becomes a Steelers fan. So tell me EdwardsEra, why do you still post on this board being a fan of another team :snicker: