PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: Bills get lucky and get into playoffs and win the whole thing

trapezeus
12-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Would you be willing to keep DJ?

Personally, i'd love for that good luck to strike, and i know it's got like a .0003% of happening. but if it did happen, i think i'd still want DJ off the team. I'd be happy with the championship, but i don't think he'd be able to do it again and i'd also know that divine intervention had more to do with the win than the coaching.

justasportsfan
12-03-2008, 08:59 AM
well if he wins the whole thing we should extend him for the next 5 years. But who are we kidding here. We're not playing the seahawks or STL in the playoffs is we make it.

jamze132
12-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Nope. Ready for yet another change.

Mitchy moo
12-03-2008, 09:52 AM
We are playing terrible right now, so the odds on us making the playoffs is nearly nill. A more likely scenario is we all hit the lottery and buy the Bills ourselves.

Novacane
12-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm not going to answer a dumb question.

realdealryan
12-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Playoffs? Not a chance. Keep DJ? Of course we will, so we need to deal with it.

This team WOULD HAVE BEEN EXPOSED had we played division rivals in the same timeframe as last year......

2-2 instead of 4-0 and there wouldn't have been Super Bowl talk, and probably no extension as early in the season, either.

PS. Who the F is Bill Billick? I like Tom Gruden and Rick Jauron.

justasportsfan
12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
If Dj wins the sb he'll be bigger than MArv and Kelly combined. He'll have a god-like status in buffalo. Right now he looks like manure.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
If this happens firing the coach would be stupid.

Why fire a guy who just lead the team to the championship????

Isn't that what he was hired to do?

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
If this happens firing the coach would be stupid.

Why fire a guy who just lead the team to the championship????

Isn't that what he was hired to do?

No kidding, if he won our first SB it wouldn't make sense to fire him. The likelihood of this happening is 0%.

trapezeus
12-03-2008, 11:03 AM
that's the whole reason i put up the hypothetical.

As it stands now, the bills can get into the playoffs. They aren't mathematically eliminated. so that means there is some bizarre scenario of winning out and other teams collapsing that gets us in. If the bills win 4 games in a row against good teams (on the road) is hard to believe but not completely impossible, they win it all. That's the hypothetical.

The reality of the last 12 games is that we see a team that can't do the fundamentals well and it falls on the coaches shoulder. yet if he could simply with 8 games in a row, he could be a champion.

If that was the case, do you think that the bills will have won those 8 games because of jauron or because of cosmic events that somehow got us something.

Yes it's a crazy hypothetical. But i'm interested in how little faith we have in this guy.

And apologies for writing Bill Billick, i meant brian.

BillsWin
12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
If it were to happen... which it wont. You have to keep him another year, banking that the premise for his sucking was injuries. I mean if we won the suberbowl he deserves to stay. But it wont happen. Bring in Cowher!

yordad
12-03-2008, 11:05 AM
4 out of 11 would fire the SB winning coach who is one of the lowest paid? :wtf:

A better question would be "What if the Bills won there last 4 games, and still missed the playoff, would you still fire Dick?"

SABURZFAN
12-03-2008, 11:05 AM
:z: