PDA

View Full Version : Schobel, Whitner practicing. Edwards not.

madness
12-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Schobel, Whitner practicing (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/03/schobel-whitner-practicing/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 3rd, 2008
Aaron Schobel was back on the practice field and lined up with the first team defense when team work began. He wasn’t going full speed, but wasn’t favoring the foot a lot.
Donte Whitner was also practicing with the first team defense in regular and the nickel package.
Not practicing was Jabari Greer, though he was doing rehab work on the field with the trainers. Robert Royal was doing the same type of work with the training staff.
Not in attendance was Chris Kelsay and Chris Ellis.
Trent Edwards was not practicing with J.P. Losman taking first team reps.

Edwards not practicing (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/03/edwards-not-practicing-2/)

Trent Edwards is not practicing today due to his groin injury. We’ll have a full update this afternoon on Buffalobills.com.

OpIv37
12-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Why weren't Ellis and Kelsay there? Were they excused absences? I sure as hell hope so, because with Schobel hobbled, we need them.

And losing Edwards hurts. There is absolutely no way we win this game with Losman. I doubt we'll win it with Edwards, but he at least gives us a fighting chance.

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Kelsay...what a joke. Maybe he was off practicing his newest celebration when someone else makes a play. I've grown to seriously dislike that guy recently.

justasportsfan
12-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Why weren't Ellis and Kelsay there? Were they excused absences? I sure as hell hope so, because with Schobel hobbled, we need them.

And losing Edwards hurts. There is absolutely no way we win this game with Losman. I doubt we'll win it with Edwards, but he at least gives us a fighting chance.

As long as JP is getting snaps with the first team, he has just as much of a chance as Trent. Trent can't even dink and dunk properly anymore even against bad teams AT HOME.

We would've had a better chance with JP playing in the cold vs. the browns if he had first team snaps at practice.

gil
12-03-2008, 11:36 AM
We would've had a better chance with JP playing in the cold than Trent has.

Won't they have the roof closed up there?

madness
12-03-2008, 11:37 AM

They were sent to a "DE for Dummies" seminar. :doh:

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM

Trent's last 16 starts the Bills are 7-9
JP's last 16 starts the Bills are 7-9

justasportsfan
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Won't they have the roof closed up there?
yes, but if Trent isn't 100% I'll take my chances with JP. Trent can't dink right even when he's healthy, I doubt he'll do any better with a groin injury.

justasportsfan
12-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Trent's last 16 starts the Bills are 7-9
JP's last 16 starts the Bills are 7-9
even though Trent didn't win that game with JP hooking up with Lee vs. the jets , I'll give the w to trent.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
even though Trent didn't win that game with JP hooking up with Lee vs. the jets , I'll give the w to trent.

Meh. It was a crappy pass regardless.

But the point is pretty clear - Trent ain't getting it done either.

How many wins does he have against winning teams? I bet it is no better than JP.

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
TOO LITTLE TOO LATE *******S.

justasportsfan
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM

How many wins does he have against winning teams? I bet it is no better than JP.

I'd rather win with a crappy pass then lose with an awsome throw.

Niether qb's are gonna have any success with the coaches we have.

Here's the thing, when Fairchild told JP to sling the ball and let it all out vs. the jets , he had one of his best games and so did Wllis.

When Turk told Trent to sling it he had his best game vs. KC and did Lynch had a good game . Problem is, when they get all conservative and control the qbs they end up sucking.

Our coaches just needs to let the qb's be football players instead of babying them. Thats how Flutie succeeded here.

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM

For his career...The answer is 1 no matter how you look at it.

He beat Baltimore when they had a winning record but they finished 5-11 that season.

He also beat Washington who had a losing record at the time but finished with a winning record.

However, if you count Washington as the only winning team that is a weak argument. That game was given to the Bills considering all that went on with Washington that week.

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Edwards looks like complete **** only slightly better than the puke that JP looks like.

madness
12-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Nice to see (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/03/nice-to-see/)

Out at practice, but working diligently on the sidelines today was Bills rookie LB Alvin Bowen. Bowen tore his ACL on a horrific looking play in training camp ending his rookie season before it began.
But now almost four months removed from the injury Bowen was doing footwork drills in and out of the ladder rope and moving well.
I’m no doctor, but that seems to be a lot of progress. I’ll try to catch up with him to see how he’s making out. Provided he comes back 100 percent I think he’ll be competing with Keith Ellison for that starting linebacker role barring a free agent addition or high draft pick.

Thanks for putting that grotesque though in my head, CB. Much appreciated.

yordad
12-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Our coaches just needs to let the qb's be football players instead of babying them. Thats how Flutie succeeded here.I don't think the coaches babied TE on Monday night. He babied himself. He was simply afraid to throw the friggin ball to wide open receivers down field.

Mike13
12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Losman has a knack for beating the Fins and that has me worried.
If a banged up Jake Long can handle a healthy Chris Long then Schobel shouldnt be a problem

don137
12-03-2008, 02:59 PM
So much for Whitner's guarantee...The only thing guaranteed about being a Bills fan is the team letting down its fans...

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I know Don. I can't take it anymore. I will never jump ship like a homo though.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 03:06 PM

Well I know I'm not watching the Bills on Sunday.

I will not waste my time watching Losman, be Losman.

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I know Don. I can't take it anymore. I will never jump ship like a homo though.

Word.

BillsWin
12-03-2008, 03:09 PM
If we had won sunday then Schobel and Whitner coming back would matter.

patmoran2006
12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Kelsay...what a joke. Maybe he was off practicing his newest celebration when someone else makes a play. I've grown to seriously dislike that guy recently.
Did you like the play in KC when Larry Johnson took the ball and went left, and Kelsay ran 8 yards past him at Thigpen like the QB still had the ball? That was the 63yard run, and hours later i was still wondering WTF is Kelsay doing?