PDA

View Full Version : My Week 13 Power Rankings

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 11:31 AM
1. New York Giants (1): Showed again why they are the best team in the NFL this week going into Washington on a very emotional day and handing it to the Redskins. When you take into consideration that Burress has been a non-factor for the better part of the season, and now he may be done for the season, Manning is really starting to cement himself as one of the better QB's in the NFL. Each week he continues to get better, a lot of his success can be credited to the amazing talent on the offensive line. One thing to keep an eye on going into next week is the health of all-pro Center Shaun O'Hara. (P)

2. Tennessee Titans (2): The Titans kept with a victory in their easiest game of the year. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a bigger mismatch in NFL history. (D)

3. Pittsburgh Steelers (4): Pittsburgh completely dominated New England and brought Matt Cassel back down to Earth. (D)

4. Indianapolis Colts (5): It might have been ugly but a win is a win and the Colts have been doing plenty of winning recently. Even if they squeak into the playoffs with a wild card berth, I'd look out for the Indy. They have been there before and the Giants showed last season that sometimes the hottest team down the stretch continues their roll right through the playoffs. (D)

http://devindombrowski.blogspot.com/

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Great job and good idea making it a blog.

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Great job and good idea making it a blog.

Thanks.

They seem to be getting easier as time goes on. The contenders and pretenders are stepping up and seperating themselves from the September posers.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks.

They seem to be getting easier as time goes on. The contenders and pretenders are stepping up and seperating themselves from the September posers.
Yeah, get ready to see Dallas drop a few spots. I don't think they beat Pittsburgh this week.

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Pittsburgh has a good defense but the offense is in question, IMO. I've seen a few Pittsburgh games and when Big Ben gets pressured he makes some really questionable decisions. Factor that with Willie Parker constantly being hurt means their running game isn't what it should be. Also, they seem to be a better road team than home team.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Pittsburgh has a good defense but the offense is in question, IMO. I've seen a few Pittsburgh games and when Big Ben gets pressured he makes some really questionable decisions. Factor that with Willie Parker constantly being hurt means their running game isn't what it should be. Also, they seem to be a better road team than home team.
Yeah, one thing it will not be is a shootout, both defenses are amongst the best when it comes to sacking the QB (they are #1 and #2 in the league in that category.) Something else that's interesting is that Pittsburgh is tied for third in the league at stopping the run up the middle (3.2 ypc) so that takes away Dallas' power running game up the middle. Either way I'm looking forward to this game, I just wish it was a home game so I could attend.

Hyperion
12-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Not a chance in hades the Colts are one of the four best teams in the NFL. I'll give them a lot of credit for turning it around after the 3-4 start but they're doing it with smoke and mirrors, not because they are much stronger than their opponents. I've never seen a team encounter more unforced positive variance in one season than the Colts have.

They're only considered a Super Bowl contender because of the past, not the present. I'll be very surprised if they go into Denver and win a playoff game.

billogic99
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Miami is winning with smoke an mirrors, they are not as good as their record would suggest, the Bills will win Sunday.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 08:10 AM
he goes out on a limb and says New England doesn't make the playoffs. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! uh.... where did you rank the Bills again? why bother? nevermind........

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Not a chance in hades the Colts are one of the four best teams in the NFL. I'll give them a lot of credit for turning it around after the 3-4 start but they're doing it with smoke and mirrors, not because they are much stronger than their opponents. I've never seen a team encounter more unforced positive variance in one season than the Colts have.

They're only considered a Super Bowl contender because of the past, not the present. I'll be very surprised if they go into Denver and win a playoff game.

They couldn't win in Denver but they did win in Pittsburgh. Makes sense.

Hyperion
12-04-2008, 09:25 PM
They couldn't win in Denver but they did win in Pittsburgh. Makes sense.
They beat the Steelers when Roethlisberger had no business playing due to injury, threw three interceptions and gave Indy the game, after Pittsburgh had a short week. A good win but not as impressive as one would think.

Bottom line is the Colts still have trouble stopping the run and they are banged up all over the offensive line. They're not going to last long in the playoffs.

Giants, Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Bucs, Cowboys, Panthers, Falcons off the top of my head are all better teams than Indy.