PDA

View Full Version : Injury may shelve Sabres' Lydman

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
The defense corps is getting thin for the Buffalo Sabres as Toni Lydman may not be available for Thursday's game in Florida.

Lydman, who was struck by a shot in Monday's loss to Nashville, was unable to take part in practice today in HSBC Arena before the team flew to Fort Lauderdale. Captain Craig Rivet remains questionable with an upper-body ailment suffered Saturday in Montreal.

"Toni tried to skate before practice and it wasn't very good," said coach Lindy Ruff. "We're going to have to see how Craig is doing, so there's the possibility of bringing somebody up (from Portland of the AHL). Craig is on a limited basis, a no-contact basis. We've got him through practice but it depends on how his strength is."

Mike Weber would be first in line to get called up but Ruff said he's been having unspecified medical issues there as well. If he can't go, rookie Chris Butler could get his first NHL call or Mike Funk could get another chance.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/512182.html

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Go Butler or go home.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I would like to see Butler too.

BTW, Paestch was great Monday night. He might have been the best Sabre on the ice.

bigbub2352
12-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Man we got a fragile team the last few years
Lydamn
tallinder
Spacek
Teppo
Connoly
Hecht
Kotalick
Max
Especially for a team that doesnt hit anyone and shows no excitment at all on the ice
always seem to be missing time since they have been in sabres uniforms
dont do nothing about that darcy we are fine the way we r
injury prone players suck

JD
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I still dont understand why we dont site Spasuk and try out a Sekera/WEber combo again. I remember it working last year

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Man we got a fragile team the last few years
Lydamn
tallinder
Spacek
Teppo
Connoly
Hecht
Kotalick
Max
Especially for a team that doesnt hit anyone and shows no excitment at all on the ice
always seem to be missing time since they have been in sabres uniforms
dont do nothing about that darcy we are fine the way we r
injury prone players suck

Do you have a comparison to man games lost for the Sabres to other teams and know the Sabres are higher than other teams?

bigbub2352
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Do you have a comparison to man games lost for the Sabres to other teams and know the Sabres are higher than other teams?

its not about comparing its about the same guys goin down every year i just know that these guys are hurt every year but do try and look it up for me, just an observation over the last 5 yrs the same guys get hurt and we keep not winning the stanley cup so u do the math Doc

also over paying for average players just like the Bills, we got 6 mil in unhealthy and healthy scartchs every game that max and connoly sit i guess we couldnt find a good player for 6mil a season, oh yeah we could have kept Breire Drury or Campbell for that money if Larry and Darcy didnt take a **** We could have had Dumont dor 2.1, but decided Connonly was worth over 3 mil to play in a half a season for 3 yrs Nice work

OpIv37
12-03-2008, 05:01 PM

I think that's part of the answer. They get knocked around because the opponents know they won't hit back. It's much easier to throw your weight around when you don't have to worry about the consequences.

SabreEleven
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
but hitting doesn't win games....just ask Ruff.