PDA

View Full Version : TO Game: Thoughts, feelings...rant away

northernbillfan
12-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I am getting sick of hearing about this game and I'm in Canada.

I am glad Ted Rogers is gone and now this talk about the NFL coming to Canada may be over as it was his dream.

I am pissed off that the annual frozen fish fry is not going to take place.

I am even more pissed that they chose this of all games to showcase.

The excitement that usually surrounds this game is dead to me. I hope that Rogers communications loses a bundle on this game.

Your turn to vent. Let it out.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Once again our beloved Bills will to something to embarass us on a national level.

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I hope the game fails miserably. I hope only half the stadium is filled. I hope nobody is into the game. I hope it flops like a fish outta water.

Typ0
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Once again our beloved Bills will to something to embarass us on a national level.

won't this actually be the bills first international embarassment?

Jan Reimers
12-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm so disgusted with these Toronto games that, for the first time in a long time, I don't plan to watch. It's a home game in a foreign country, against a longtime rival, and it just ticks me off that it's not at the Ralph where it belongs.

Besides, I love watching other teams and seeing how professional they are - no wasting timeouts, no screwing up clock management, actually scoring Touch Downs in the red zone, running the ball successfully from a yard or two, etc. - in other words, making it look relatively easy instead of the stumbling and bumbling we do time after time.

Watching other games will actually be a relief.

Typ0
12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm disgusted with the whole NFL Jan. The reasons you state and also the pathetic status of the officiating. I just can't stand so many screwed up calls costing teams games.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm against the idea of the NFL going international, period. I get it from a financial standpoint, but still, it just doesn't seem right to me.

JD
12-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I actually might go up to toronto to get tickets.. cause you know the scalpers will pay you to take their tickets

Patti120
12-03-2008, 02:02 PM
:puke:

That is all.

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I actually might go up to toronto to get tickets.. cause you know the scalpers will pay you to take their tickets

Don't go and support this garbage. It only motivates those behind the scenes to keep it up.

mybills
12-03-2008, 02:06 PM
I am glad Ted Rogers is gone
:shocked: :jawdrop:

Typ0
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm against the idea of the NFL going international, period. I get it from a financial standpoint, but still, it just doesn't seem right to me.

you have to find new markets for your products or you are doomed. It's good business.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
you have to find new markets for your products or you are doomed. It's good business.
Of course it's good business, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

JD
12-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Don't go and support this garbage. It only motivates those behind the scenes to keep it up.
What if paper bags were worn? We would get on TV and at least send a message..

The only reason I was thinking about it is because I'll be up there for the weekend anyway.

Typ0
12-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Of course it's good business, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

nope...it means you're taking it up the but though!

RockStar36
12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
What if paper bags were worn? We would get on TV and at least send a message..

The only reason I was thinking about it is because I'll be up there for the weekend anyway.

Eh. I still think an empty seat sends a better message. But who knows. If I were in your situation maybe I'd be looking at things differently. They are locked into these Toronto games anyways so I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run. If you go you should definitely have some 'Fire Jauron' stuff with you though.

sdbillsfan2
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Eh. I still think an empty seat sends a better message. But who knows. If I were in your situation maybe I'd be looking at things differently. They are locked into these Toronto games anyways so I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run. If you go you should definitely have some 'Fire Jauron' stuff with you though.

I like the idea of empty seats sending a message. But taking it a little further , I 'd like to see everyone get up and do a reverse wave of sorts. Instead of raising your arms in a wave, give the TV cams an eyeful of Buffalo a*s . It would be like sending Ralphy and Dicky your own personal kiss my butt message.
Trust me 80,000 butt filling the screen will get coverage the FO does n't want!
Heck it might even make Sport centers high lights...lol

OpIv37
12-03-2008, 03:35 PM

oh but this one is so much better. The Bills get to embarrass themselves in front of TWO whole countries this time!

OpIv37
12-03-2008, 03:37 PM
nope...it means you're taking it up the but though!

we're Bills fans- we've been taking it up the butt for years. And now we're mad because the guy sticking it too us may stop because he finally realized there's an attractive girl next door.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Well, the Bills are on TV in most of Ontario every week, so it's nothing that we Canadians aren't used to seeing, but I would assume this game will be CBS's major broadcast for the 4:00 games, which is going to let the whole country see the Bills choke, again.

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I dont really care at this point WE SUCK BALLS.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 03:40 PM
oh but this one is so much better. The Bills get to embarrass themselves in front of TWO whole countries this time!

We should have a contest to see who can predict the new and inventive way they find to lose.

I predict that they go into the 4th quarter up by 17, with Pennington out for the game, only to see Henne bring the Dolphins back to win on the last play of the game as he hits Ricky Williams for a 20 yard TD while being held onto by Kelsay. (Mitchell will be in "coverage")

OpIv37
12-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, the Bills are on TV in most of Ontario every week, so it's nothing that we Canadians aren't used to seeing, but I would assume this game will be CBS's major broadcast for the 4:00 games, which is going to let the whole country see the Bills choke, again.

according to this, just WNY and South Florida are getting the game: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2008-14-CBS.html

That makes me feel a little better.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Losman is going to get hurt early, and with Edwards inactive, Gibran Hamden will lead a 4th quarter comeback. The Bills will be ahead 23-21, when "genius" Bobby April calls for a short, high kick off with :01 left on the clock. The FIns will fair catch it at the 50, and win the game on a successful free kick attempt, the only one in NFL history to ever win a game.

OpIv37
12-03-2008, 03:44 PM
We should have a contest to see who can predict the new and inventive way they find to lose.

I predict that they go into the 4th quarter up by 17, with Pennington out for the game, only to see Henne bring the Dolphins back to win on the last play of the game as he hits Ricky Williams for a 20 yard TD while being held onto by Kelsay. (Mitchell will be in "coverage")

I think we'll be up by 13 in the 4th, the Fish will tie it and send it to OT. They'll get the ball first, our S/T will pin them around the 15, but Ronnie brown will win it on the first play from scrimmage with an 85 yard run.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 03:47 PM

Losman as the starter should really make those $250 tickets enjoyable. I'm so glad that I won't be watching that loser this weekend.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Losman as the starter should really make those $250 tickets enjoyable. I'm so glad that I won't be watching that loser this weekend.

Yeah, because Edwards has been so much better.

You do know that for each QB their W/L record in their last 16 starts is 7-9, don't you?

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah, because Edwards has been so much better.

You do know that for each QB their W/L record in their last 16 starts is 7-9, don't you?
Yeah, honestly, they are on about the same level at this point IMO. Neither one of them is much of an NFL QB.

huck1974
12-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I understand how you guys feel. Remember, we played our home game last year in London. Worst field positions ever seen in a NFL game. A punt actually came straight down and stuck in the field......didn't move an inch. Very mixed fan base....disatirously long travel, etc. I could go on. It happens. Deal with it.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
I understand how you guys feel. Remember, we played our home game last year in London. Worst field positions ever seen in a NFL game. A punt actually came straight down and stuck in the field......didn't move an inch. Very mixed fan base....disatirously long travel, etc. I could go on. It happens. Deal with it.
You're thinking of the Pittsburgh game, not the game in London.

huck1974
12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
nope Dolphins in london. We maybe had worse cards dealt that you guys do.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
nope Dolphins in london. We maybe had worse cards dealt that you guys do.

A punt actually came straight down and stuck in the field......didn't move an inch.
You're talking about the game where the ball was punted and went nowhere, that was in Pittsburgh, not England.

huck1974
12-03-2008, 05:19 PM
London, ENGLAND if you understood the post.

HughC
12-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Biggest problem I have with the game is the loss of home field advantage - that is, the weather factor. Northern teams playing in Florida in early September have a big disadvantage; southern teams playing outdoors in northern cities have an even bigger disadvantage.

justasportsfan
12-04-2008, 02:13 PM

With the loss to the pats where Wilfork hit JP going to JP and the JP pass to Evans win vs. jets going to Trent. :snicker:

BlackMetalNinja
12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Of course it's good business, that doesn't mean I have to like it.kind of funny how you hate it when we say the same thing about Jerry Jones though...

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 02:37 PM
kind of funny how you hate it when we say the same thing about Jerry Jones though...
I don't "hate" anything, I know that you wouldn't know good ownership if it slapped you in the face.

BTW, since when is Jerry Jones trying to move the Bills to Toronto or advocate for games going international? Must have missed that memo.

BlackMetalNinja
12-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't "hate" anything, I know that you wouldn't know good ownership if it slapped you in the face.

BTW, since when is Jerry Jones trying to move the Bills to Toronto or advocate for games going international? Must have missed that memo.:idunno: when did I say he did? My comment was in reference to smart business moves. Jones makes plenty of them that a great deal of people don't like, and when they remark on them, you're always there to tell us what a savior he is.

Hypocritical considering you just said yourself that just because it's a smart business move it doesn't mean you have to like it.... but for some reason we're supposed to like everything Jones does?

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 04:41 PM
:idunno: when did I say he did? My comment was in reference to smart business moves. Jones makes plenty of them that a great deal of people don't like, and when they remark on them, you're always there to tell us what a savior he is.

Hypocritical considering you just said yourself that just because it's a smart business move it doesn't mean you have to like it.... but for some reason we're supposed to like everything Jones does?
I generally like to live by the rules of the constitution and let people make up their own minds. This is a message board, the idea behind a message board is for people to log on and trade their different ideas and values. My opinion on Jerry Jones and the way he operates the Dallas Cowboys is a very positive one. Everything Jones does is well within the rules set forth by the NFL, he's just better at what he does than anyone else who owns an NFL franchise right now. Doesn't mean you, or anyone else has to agree, and I would never try and force you to agree.

I am 100% for the NFL trying to do what it takes to make money, I love making money, and do whatever it takes to make it every single day. I just simply am not a fan of the NFL going overseas to make the money. That doesn't mean that I'm going to boycott the league, or watch any less football, or even refuse to watch games overseas. It just means that I like football being an American game, though I understand why the league is doing what they are doing. If it works out for the league then mission accomplished I suppose, I just think it sucks for teams like the BILLS who's fans have to miss a home game because of it.