PDA

View Full Version : McCoy and Orakpo named Big 12 players of the year....

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Offensive and defensive, well deserved for both.

DraftBoy
12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Im going to be announcing the All-Conference teams tonight and then announcing my own.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I have a feeling that you won't be going with either in the Big Twelve, just a hunch.

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2008, 07:31 PM
How come Colt McCoy isn't considered a 1st day selection by some? I think McCoy is a late 1st round to late 2nd round prospect, not later. Gr8 or DB, care to play Devil's Advocate on this one?

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 07:59 PM
How come Colt McCoy isn't considered a 1st day selection by some? I think McCoy is a late 1st round to late 2nd round prospect, not later. Gr8 or DB, care to play Devil's Advocate on this one?
From an NFL scouts perspective think Trent Edwards:
- Not big enough.
- Doesn't have a cannon for an arm.
- Accurate but not anything out of this world.
- Not fast enough.
- etc.....

He's a guy that does a lot of things well but doesn't necessarily excel at anything. A lot of people will counter that argument with "well, all the guy does in win," and while that may be true at the college level it means absolutely nothing at the NFL level. I have him projected to go on the first day if he decides to declare, but he has made it pretty clear to Texans that he's going to stay in Austin another year.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 08:26 AM

i think somebody will take a stab at him in the 2nd Round.