PDA

View Full Version : How many of you won't watch the game with Losman as the starter?

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry but I will not waste my time watching him play. This will be the first time I will deliberately be missing a game. The last time was 1984.

BlackMetalNinja
12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I will watch the game regardless, I didn't pay an assload of money not to.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm sorry but I will not waste my time watching him play. This will be the first time I will deliberately be missing a game. The last time was 1984.

Nobody cares if you are not watching it or not. Fact is, the team does not have a better record with Trent than it does with JP over the last two years. Fact is, Trent has been pretty bad since the Cardinals game and has been playing no better than JP ever did.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I will watch the game regardless, I didn't pay an assload of money not to.

Sorry that you have a $$$ committment.

OpIv37
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I watch every game, regardless. Last week I went to the Skins game, but I successfully avoided the score and watched the Bills game as soon as I got home.

I watched every game in the 3-13 season and I'll watch every game this season. Win, lose or draw, we only get 16 a year.

HHURRICANE
Nobody cares if you are not watching it or not. Fact is, the team does not have a better record with Trent than it does with JP over the last two years. Fact is, Trent has been pretty bad since the Cardinals game and has been playing no better than JP ever did.

You can honestly sit here and tell me the team plays the same with Losman vs. Edwards?

acehole

Time well spent watching Trent stink up the place is better?

Got it.

I am afraid you will be missing a bunch of games with Edwards injury prone status.

What does he have now?

A pulled vag lip?

gr8slayer
Screw that, I'm still watching the game. I haven't missed a Bills game in almost seven years and I don't plan on starting now :up:

THATHURMANATOR
Only ASS HOLES don't watch Bills games.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Only ASS HOLES don't watch Bills games.
:roflmao:

Philagape
12-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I've watched Ferragamo, Mathison, Collins, Hobert, Johnson, Van Pelt and Bledsoe, and I've lived through that, so I'll manage.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 04:03 PM
You can honestly sit here and tell me the team plays the same with Losman vs. Edwards?

The last six games they have.

Hell, at least they got a FG out of JP last week. The Trent offense was shutout for a half against San Fran.
And I can tell you the records are the same and that Trent has one victory as a starter against a team that finished the season with a winning record.

Is that much better?

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 04:04 PM
The last six games they have.

Hell, at least they got a FG out of JP last week. The Trent offense was shutout for a half against San Fran.
And I can tell you the records are the same and that Trent has one victory as a starter against a team that finished the season with a winning record.

Is that much better?
Yeah, until one of them figures out how to get the ball in the end zone neither is going to amount to much. I didn't know about the record thing though that you mentioned in another post (both are 7-9), good find Doc.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 04:12 PM

Got it.

I am afraid you will be missing a bunch of games with Edwards injury prone status.

What does he have now?

A pulled vag lip?

In 4 years Losman couldn't muster up a better passer rating than what Edwards has right now.

What is Edward's record as the starter?

DMBcrew36
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM

Right on.

In fact, I think the game might be more entertaining with Losman behind center. His play is so erratic that it keeps me interested to see what he does next. It's often bad, but occasionally he makes a really good play out of nothing or the big bomb that has you shaking your head.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
In 4 years Losman couldn't muster up a better passer rating than what Edwards has right now.

11-10 if I'm not mistaken. Though neither has looked particularly impressive against winning squads.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Only ****** don't watch Bills games.

I have no interest in watching a guy that won't be on our roster next year struggle through a game he's not equipped to play at the professional level. Same reason I didn't watch the strike games.

I'm too busy to waste an afternoon on a guy or a team that can't get better. At least with Edwards there is hope for improvement and a win.

Losman= a giant loss.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 04:18 PM
[/b]
11-10 if I'm not mistaken. Though neither has looked particularly impressive against winning squads.

The guy give us a chance to win. Ironically he couldn't play any worse against Cleveland but we still had a chance to win the game in the end.

gr8slayer
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
The guy give us a chance to win. Ironically he couldn't play any worse against Cleveland but we still had a chance to win the game in the end.
And absolutely no thanks can be given to Edwards for the Bills still being in that game at the end.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 04:27 PM
And absolutely no thanks can be given to Edwards for the Bills still being in that game at the end.

Well his 3 picks were all in the first qtr. I believe he finsihed the game?

gil
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
personally, since the season's in the crapper anyway, I get a kick out of watching Losman play - it's comic relief.

JD
12-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Well his 3 picks were all in the first qtr. I believe he finsihed the game?
I've missed you. Everyone has done a complete 180 on Edwards. Closet JP Lickers I tells ya :sadwalk:

Not even two years experience + concussion + pathetic coaching staff + freakishly large linement that cant live up to their size.... and "hes not meant to be an NFL QB" :lmao:

zone
12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I think it's funny to watch Losman hang onto the ball then run around in circles and get drilled to the ground. It's like watching a circus freak or something.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I think it's funny to watch Losman hang onto the ball then run around in circles and get drilled to the ground. It's like watching a circus freak or something.

Hence the reason I won't be watching. You summed it up completely.

shelby
12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
i am so sick of the Losman/Edwards debates that i could vomit.

Mahdi
12-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I simply cant NOT watch... no matter what.

Typ0
12-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Lecter, I think you are missing something about the quarterbacks. They have both been bad...but JP is our first round pick five years ago...and TE is our third round pick two years ago. It's very sad that JP can't outperform TE. He's proven crap and TE is debatable. We need him out there playing against the 3-4 to either learn how to beat it or prove that he's not the guy. having JP on the field is pointless.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, until one of them figures out how to get the ball in the end zone neither is going to amount to much. I didn't know about the record thing though that you mentioned in another post (both are 7-9), good find Doc.

Got that out of the News this morning.

don137
12-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I will watch but I will not be in earshot of my children because I am sure the expletives will be flying often...

HHURRICANE
12-03-2008, 06:51 PM
i am so sick of the Losman/Edwards debates that i could vomit.

No debate. I just don't want to waste my afternoon watching Losman. I was a supporter but 5 years is long enough and I'm convinced that it'll be painful to watch.

Jan Reimers
12-03-2008, 06:53 PM
I think our problems go way beyond the QB position, although neither JP nor TE are exactly distinguishing themselves at the moment.

If I don't watch, it's because I'm so sick of watching us labor and struggle and mostly fail to do the things that other teams seem to do with ease.

Night Train
12-04-2008, 05:12 AM
I'll watch the road TV games.

If they continue to bomb, I won't show up for the Pats game at the Ralph. Waste of time with all the obnoxious Pats fans coming in from Boston.

Dujek
12-04-2008, 05:32 AM
I've only missed watching two games this year, and that's because I was travelling both times. I'll definitely be watching this one, no matter who the starting QB is.

It's on Sky Sports this week. The Bills have been on TV over here more than I ever remember them being on before.

Beats the hell out of watching it on the laptop.

Historian
12-04-2008, 05:38 AM
ITS FISH WEEK PEOPLE!!!

Your team needs you!!!!

Now SAC UP and tune in!!!!

acehole
12-04-2008, 06:52 AM

last 4 games?

0-4

mybills
12-04-2008, 07:04 AM
You may as well stop watching when Trent comes back, too. It's the same thing!

mybills
12-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Lecter, I think you are missing something about the quarterbacks. They have both been bad...but JP is our first round pick five years ago...and TE is our third round pick two years ago. It's very sad that JP can't outperform TE. He's proven crap and TE is debatable. We need him out there playing against the 3-4 to either learn how to beat it or prove that he's not the guy. having JP on the field is pointless.
Who cares what round they're picked in? Either you have it or you don't. Neither of them do.
At least Losman KNOWS what a 3-4 defense is. That's pointFULL.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:11 AM
I've missed you. Everyone has done a complete 180 on Edwards. Closet JP Lickers I tells ya :sadwalk:

Not even two years experience + concussion + pathetic coaching staff + freakishly large linement that cant live up to their size.... and "hes not meant to be an NFL QB" :lmao:

Im so sick of this lame excuse for Trent, look if the concussion was still a factor (other than him being scared to step into a throw) then he wouldn't be playing. The coaching staff hasnt been half as bad as the crappy play execution and the OL has played very well especially recently given all the crap they undeservedly get. Trent Edwards has only been sacked 20 times which puts him 15th in the league and many of those have come from him holding onto the damn ball.

The bottom line is this; his mechanics are sloppy, he won't step into a throw if he's under pressure, he's not progressing through reads, he is using his dump off too much, he's playing scared.

He's afraid to make mistakes and that's what his biggest issue is. You can't have that as a QB. I dont want to see Losman play either, Id prefer Hamdan to be perfectly honest. But boycotting a Bills game because of the QB? Be serious.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 07:27 AM
I agreed with up until the Hamdan part.

At least Trent might have a future. Hell, we all remember how badly the Giants fans wanted Eli gone after his second year. Right now Trent is bad, but a game on the sidelines might do him some good.

But Hamdan? Ugh.

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 07:30 AM
I still think anyone that wants Hamdan to play should be checked into the hospital for a head wound. That would literally be throwing the game away.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:32 AM
I agreed with up until the Hamdan part.

At least Trent might have a future. Hell, we all remember how badly the Giants fans wanted Eli gone after his second year. Right now Trent is bad, but a game on the sidelines might do him some good.

But Hamdan? Ugh.

We know what we have in JP, we have a good idea of what the good Trent is like and what the bad Trent is like. But can anybody say they know what Hamdan can bring?

I don't think he'd actually show us anything, but at this point I could care less about a win or loss (its all draft position now), its all about evaluation of the enitre roster for me.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:33 AM
I still think anyone that wants Hamdan to play should be checked into the hospital for a head wound. That would literally be throwing the game away.

Who cares about throwing the game away? At this point its all about evaluation for next season. Not playing guys and not knowing what we have for sure in a player doesnt make any sense, why the hell not? Its not like we are going anywhere this year.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 07:34 AM
We know what we have in JP, we have a good idea of what the good Trent is like and what the bad Trent is like. But can anybody say they know what Hamdan can bring?

I don't think he'd actually show us anything, but at this point I could care less about a win or loss (its all draft position now), its all about evaluation of the enitre roster for me.

It is also about player development and long term it is better to have Trent playing. Maybe one week off.

BTW, since they are not mathematically eliminated it is still about winning. 100% about winning. You do not start this evaluation crap until it is officially over.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Who cares about throwing the game away? At this point its all about evaluation for next season. Not playing guys and not knowing what we have for sure in a player doesnt make any sense, why the hell not? Its not like we are going anywhere this year.

Not, until they are eliminated. You could not be more wrong.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 07:35 AM

Got it.

What does he have now?

A pulled vag lip?

if anybody knows about a pulled vag lip, it would be you. you've had one since the last Lossman benching.

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 07:36 AM

Sorry, but the team is still going to try and win. For that reason alone they will be starting Losman over Hamdan. I doubt you saw it but Hamdan played the whole pre-season game against the Lions and I was not impressed, although he was playing with other third string guys. He has bounced around a bit in the league and you would think at this point if he was any good he would've gotten a shot.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:37 AM
It is also about player development and long term it is better to have Trent playing. Maybe one week off.

BTW, since they are not mathematically eliminated it is still about winning. 100% about winning. You do not start this evaluation crap until it is officially over.

You keep up this not officially eliminated thing and keep hoping about whatever the hell you want. As for me Im all about evaluation at this point. I have no issue with Hamdan just starting this week since its obvious Trent is not going to play either way. Its all about roster evaluation at this point, wins and losses are rather meaningless to me.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Sorry, but the team is still going to try and win. For that reason alone they will be starting Losman over Hamdan. I doubt you saw it but Hamdan played the whole pre-season game against the Lions and I was not impressed, although he was playing with other third string guys. He has bounced around a bit in the league and you would think at this point if he was any good he would've gotten a shot.

Who said they shouldnt try to win exactly? Anybody who puts on a uniform Sunday should be trying to win and if they aren't they should be cut on the spot.

Pre-Season tells me nothing, put him in a regular season game and see what he can do. If he sucks no problem at least we know, but what if he plays like Tyler Thigpen?? The likelyhood of that is extremely small, but he was a D-I QB at Indiana and has a good arm.

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 07:39 AM
You keep up this not officially eliminated thing and keep hoping about whatever the hell you want. As for me Im all about evaluation at this point. I have no issue with Hamdan just starting this week since its obvious Trent is not going to play either way. Its all about roster evaluation at this point, wins and losses are rather meaningless to me.

That is why you're posting on a message board and not coaching/working in a front office. The professionals won't admit defeat until it's official.

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Who said they shouldnt try to win exactly? Anybody who puts on a uniform Sunday should be trying to win and if they aren't they should be cut on the spot.

Pre-Season tells me nothing, put him in a regular season game and see what he can do. If he sucks no problem at least we know, but what if he plays like Tyler Thigpen?? The likelyhood of that is extremely small, but he was a D-I QB at Indiana and has a good arm.

You're right.

They should probably start Steve Johnson and Xavier Omon too.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:41 AM
That is why you're posting on a message board and not coaching/working in a front office. The professionals won't admit defeat until it's official.

You missed a word,"publicly"

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:42 AM
You're right.

Both should see extended time as should James Hardy and Chris Ellis too. Do you have a problem actually playing guys we drafted?

jamze132
I watch every game possible, regardless of what QB is playing or what the implications are. That's just me.

SABURZFAN

some people are so deliriously from the rose-colored glasses, and the raging mancrush for Lossman, that the Lickers don't see it that way. Lossman is gone in a month. the least they can do is see if Hamdan can play for the #3 spot next year.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 07:43 AM

Well, you would be wrong. I assume you would have given up at the start of the 3rd quarter during a certain playoff game I recall.

Wins and losses are never meaningless and until a team can't make it, they still must try to do so.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Both should see extended time as should James Hardy and Chris Ellis too. Do you have a problem actually playing guys we drafted?

If they are not as good as other players currently on the roster?

Yes.

SABURZFAN
You're right.

i think Omon strained a groin banging more cowbell's ex-future sister-in-law.

DraftBoy
Well, you would be wrong. I assume you would have given up at the start of the 3rd quarter during a certain playoff game I recall.

Wins and losses are never meaningless and until a team can't make it, they still must try to do so.

:rofl:

Can you at least make a similar comparison? You're using a fallacy and I also clearly stated that every player should play to win regardless.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 07:45 AM

so you want to start Lossman??????

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:46 AM
If they are not as good as other players currently on the roster?

Yes.

Well Steve Johnson has been seeing extended time already so I dont think thats true, so has Ellis, and Hardy is a starter. I dont think giving Omon a few carries a game is going to hurt anybody and wouldnt be a bad idea to see where he is at now since we could realistically lose Jackson in the offseason as he is an RFA and could be a hot commodity.

So again I ask what the problem here is exactly?

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 07:48 AM

Can you at least make a similar comparison? You're using a fallacy and I also clearly stated that every player should play to win regardless.

No, the point is (that you apparently are missing on purpose) that in sports one should never give up and start player evaluation, whether it is a game or a season.

If you want a better comparison look at last year's Giants team.

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Well Steve Johnson has been seeing extended time already so I dont think thats true, so has Ellis, and Hardy is a starter. I dont think giving Omon a few carries a game is going to hurt anybody and wouldnt be a bad idea to see where he is at now since we could realistically lose Jackson in the offseason as he is an RFA and could be a hot commodity.

So again I ask what the problem here is exactly?

They have to play the players who give them the best chance to win. I know most of the coaches are idiots but they see Hamdan on a daily basis. If they honestly thought he gave them a better chance I'm sure he would be playing. They are 6-6 and Jauron is basically coaching for his job. Why would he throw it away to evalutate players for next year when he most likely won't be here if he doesn't win out.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:53 AM
No, the point is (that you apparently are missing on purpose) that in sports one should never give up and start player evaluation, whether it is a game or a season.

If you want a better comparison look at last year's Giants team.

No I got your point but attempting to compare a lost season to one singular playoff game where an entire roster eval is impossible is a reach?

The Giants team is a better comparison but if memory serves me right that team started 6-2 and never lost more than 1 game in a row after Week 2. So again the comparison is still very weak. As of Week 14 the Giants 8-4, not quite the 6-6 and losing 5 of their last 7.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I'll be watching.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 07:55 AM
They have to play the players who give them the best chance to win. I know most of the coaches are idiots but they see Hamdan on a daily basis. If they honestly thought he gave them a better chance I'm sure he would be playing. They are 6-6 and Jauron is basically coaching for his job. Why would he throw it away to evalutate players for next year when he most likely won't be here if he doesn't win out.

Who said the coaches are idiots? Not me.

We've seen no indication that Jauron will be canned at the end of this year or not renewed and honestly if he finishes 8-8 or so he'll likely be back even though the playoffs won't happen. One would assume he'd like to know exactly what he has going into next year and how they preform in real game time situations so he can be better next year. Maybe that's just me though...

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 07:56 AM
I'll be watching.

for how long? :couch:

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 07:57 AM
No I got your point but attempting to compare a lost season to one singular playoff game where an entire roster eval is impossible is a reach?

The Giants team is a better comparison but if memory serves me right that team started 6-2 and never lost more than 1 game in a row after Week 2. So again the comparison is still very weak. As of Week 14 the Giants 8-4, not quite the 6-6 and losing 5 of their last 7.

His point with the Giants are that they were not very consistent in the latter part of the season but they kept playing hard and caught fire at the right time. With the Bills still "mathmatically" in the hunt the coaches and players have to take that same mentality.

Now don't get me wrong. I think they are out of it. I think the season is over. But I'm not a member of the Buffalo Bills. They can't think that way.

For the coaches to straight up just mail it in and say "we're going to play the young guys to evalutate talent for next year" would be the biggest disaster they could ever imagine.

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Who said the coaches are idiots? Not me.

We've seen no indication that Jauron will be canned at the end of this year or not renewed and honestly if he finishes 8-8 or so he'll likely be back even though the playoffs won't happen. One would assume he'd like to know exactly what he has going into next year and how they preform in real game time situations so he can be better next year. Maybe that's just me though...

No, I said he is an idiot. Most of them are. They should be all gone and most likely will. I think anything short of winning out and going 10-6 will result in him being gone. Ralph has to realize the mood of the fans at this point.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 08:00 AM
His point with the Giants are that they were not very consistent in the latter part of the season but they kept playing hard and caught fire at the right time. With the Bills still "mathmatically" in the hunt the coaches and players have to take that same mentality.

Now don't get me wrong. I think they are out of it. I think the season is over. But I'm not a member of the Buffalo Bills. They can't think that way.

For the coaches to straight up just mail it in and say "we're going to play the young guys to evalutate talent for next year" would be the biggest disaster they could ever imagine.

but to most fans, it seems as if they've been 'mailing it in' the whole season anyways.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2008, 08:01 AM
for how long? :couch:
Good question. If they're getting blown out and are playing like they have the past two weeks, I'll switch over to watching the Giants game full time. I usually have one game on TV while I'm watching the Bills game on my computer anyway.

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 08:01 AM
but to most fans, it seems as if they've been 'mailing it in' the whole season anyways.

Seems that way, but in reality the coaching/front office are just that incompetent. To openly admit they are mailing it in for next year would be a terrible thing to do.

Bufftp
12-04-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm a Bills fan. I will be watching. Hoping against hope Lossman plays great, and will be rooting him on!

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Seems that way, but in reality the coaching/front office are just that incompetent. To openly admit they are mailing it in for next year would be a terrible thing to do.

but some of us see starting Lossman as mailing in the season.

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 08:09 AM

6-2 to start isnt consistent? Never having any kind of a losing streak?? The Giants caught fire in week 3-9 and then again in weeks 18-21.

The coaches should say anything. We know Trent is not playing this week, right? Well you can play Losman who we all know won't be back or you can see what Hamdan gives you. Make some BS up in the press about Hamdan looking good in practice, Im sure the whipping boy and run a blog on it and the fans will buy it. You don't have to say you are doing this or that, you just do it.

Activate Omon and give him a few carries to see if he can handle getting rocked by a LB. Throw the ball to Hardy more and see how well he runs the fade route at this point. Let Ellis start, hell he can't be any worse. Give Buggs some reps at OLB, and let Bell spell Walker once every few series. Im not saying these guys should start and play every down Im saying they should see time starting now. The Hamdan thing starting wise is only because Trent is "hurt" otherwise I wouldnt say we should do it.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Buggs is on IR.

And if you let these guys play are you suggesting making players like Jackson inactive, so it is guarenteed he leaves?

DraftBoy
12-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Buggs is on IR.

And if you let these guys play are you suggesting making players like Jackson inactive, so it is guarenteed he leaves?

Is that what I said? I have no issue making guys like Chambers inactive in favor of Bell, or guys making Trent inactive this week (since he's not playing) in favor of Omon so he can get some carries. With all the injuries we have it should be an issue to find time for these youngsters.

TacklingDummy
12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Is Schobel playing this week?

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Is Schobel playing this week?
Nope, he is out at least 1-2 more weeks. But Whitner is playing.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 09:36 AM
He might play actually. He has practiced with the first team for two days, although I expect him to be out one more week.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 09:38 AM
He might play actually. He has practiced with the first team for two days, although I expect him to be out one more week.
Just read that he is out. As of December 3rd:

Bills RE Aaron Schobel doesn't anticipate needing surgery on his sprained foot, but sounds less than optimistic about his injury. "This is a deal that can (affect) you for two years," he said. "At this point it’s almost a career issue. You get up in age and the (stuff) starts bothering you all the time." Schobel will probably miss at least 1-2 more weeks.

TacklingDummy
12-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Looks like somebody will be taking a huge paycut this off-season or will be cut.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Looks like somebody will be taking a huge paycut this off-season or will be cut.
He's too expensive to cut right now, you think Ralph wants to take that cap hit? :rofl:

TacklingDummy
12-04-2008, 09:46 AM
He's too expensive to cut right now, you think Ralph wants to take that cap hit? :rofl:

Does it matter when they use "cash to cap"?

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 09:46 AM

Most of his money was guarenteed and there would be minimal cap hit.

Mr. Pink
12-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Why wasn't Schobel IR'd earlier this year? I mean we IR'd Crow.

It's obvious Schobel won't see the field again this year.

Incompetency by the front office at it's finest.

TacklingDummy
12-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Why wasn't Schobel IR'd earlier this year? I mean we IR'd Crow.

It's obvious Schobel won't see the field again this year.

Incompetency by the front office at it's finest.

He might see the field again this year but why bother? Why take the chance it's not 100% healed?

Hopefully he's ready for next year. He even said it could be a 2 year thing.

yordad
12-04-2008, 11:28 AM
You can honestly sit here and tell me the team plays the same with Losman vs. Edwards?If you hadn't noticed, seems you have missed more games then you think.

Mr. Pink
12-04-2008, 11:35 AM
The team didn't play any differently with either QB in last week.

Except Lindell made a kick when JP was in.

They were horrid on offense with either guy in.

That being said, previously to now, Edwards gave more hope to actually winning games. I still think that if Trent played the Cardinal game we don't lose 41-17 BUT he's showing he's simply not good enough to win consistently at this level either.

Edwards, while not as bad as JP, won't ever take you to that next level. Even if he played a warm weather climate, eventually you'll have to play a meaningful game in harsh weather conditions. He's done nothing to show he can perform at even a mediocre level in those conditions.

This all being said we NEED to go out and bring in a vet of outstanding caliber in the offseason....Garcia, Warner, McNabb - if the Eagles move him, would be a good start. Draft a guy in Rd 2 or 3 to learn under the vet for a season or two. Trade Edwards for value.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Both of them suck and neither would be starting anywhere else in the NFL.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Both of them suck and neither would be starting anywhere else in the NFL.

Detroit. St.Louis.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Detroit. St.Louis.
I'll give you Detroit but I'll take Bulger over either one any day. Losman would do better in Detroit's offense than Edwards would though.

tat2dmike77
12-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I think all these threads about i quit and i'm not watching the game are annoying.

Keep it to yourself or blog about it. What do you expect people here to say honestly? Do expect a oh please no please don't go we can't do it with out you. I have made up my mind on what i am doing and i bet none of you even know. Why is that because it's none of your damn business thats why. Keep it to yourself and move on. Because most of us don't really give a crap what you do.

zone
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
More Like...

Seattle
Cincinnati
Houston
Oakland
St. Louis
San Fran
Cleavland
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Kansas City
Detroit

dasaybz
12-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't think all hope is lost on Edwards. For some reason, I just don't hate him as much as I hate Losman.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 01:16 PM
More Like...

Seattle
Cincinnati
Houston
Oakland
St. Louis
San Fran
Cleavland
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Kansas City
Detroit

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 01:22 PM
More Like...

Seattle
Hasselbeck > Losman/Edwards
Cincinnati
Palmer > Losman/Edwards
Houston
Shaub/Rosenfels > Losman/Edwards
Oakland
Russel > Losman/Edwards
St. Louis
Bulger > Losman/Edwards
San Fran
Hill >>> Losman/Edwards
Cleavland
Quinn > Losman/Edwards
Jacksonville
Garrard > Losman/Edwards
Minnesota
Jackson/Gus = Losman
Kansas City
Thigpen >>>> Losman/Edwards
Detroit
Culpepper < Losman/Edwards

zone
12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Edwards > Hurt Hasselbeck
Edwards > Fitzpatrick
Edwards > Sage Rosenfels
Edwards > Russell
Edwards > Today's Bulger
Edwards > Hill
Edwards > This years Anderson
Edwards > Garrard
Edwards > Frerotte
Edwards > Thigpen
Edwards > Fatpepper

zone
12-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Edwards record 6-6 yards 2,378 TD10 INT10 QB rating 85.1 comp %66

Minnesota is the only team with a better record and Jackson won one of their games, you show me the QB with the better record or stats on that list. Give me a break.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Edwards > Hurt Hasselbeck
Edwards > Fitzpatrick
Edwards > Sage Rosenfels
Edwards > Russell
Edwards > Today's Bulger
Edwards > Hill
Edwards > This years Anderson
Edwards > Garrard
Edwards > Frerotte
Edwards > Thigpen
Edwards > Fatpepper

not from what i've seen.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Edwards record 6-6 yards 2,378 TD10 INT10 QB rating 85.1 comp %66

Minnesota is the only team with a better record and Jackson won one of their games, you show me the QB with the better record or stats on that list. Give me a break.
Find me one with a weaker schedule to start the season and pad that win line..... Edwards is a joke of a QB and won't be a starter for very long in the league. He doesn't have the nose for the end zone that a QB needs to be successful.

zone
12-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Find me one with a weaker schedule to start the season and pad that win line..... Edwards is a joke of a QB and won't be a starter for very long in the league. He doesn't have the nose for the end zone that a QB needs to be successful.
If you say so. I don't care how weak you think the schedule was, this is the NFL and Trent has lost to 2 terrible teams at home in Cleavland and San Fran (albeit he probably would have won if he finished that game).

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 02:01 PM
If you say so. I don't care how weak you think the schedule was, this is the NFL and Trent has lost to 2 terrible teams at home in Cleavland and San Fran (albeit he probably would have won if he finished that game).
I'm not just saying it to be an ass, he really just can't do it. Do I hope he can eventually figure it out? Heck yeah, but having watched him so much from college to this point he just doesn't have the "it" factor. He's going to get another year from the Bills, and he damn well should just like every other rookie in the NFL. But if he can't become a scoring QB next season I think he's officially done.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Meh.

The Minnesota combo is not better. Jackson is horrific^2.

JaMarcus Russell has shown nothing.

And Bulger is done. Way too slow. Almost Bledsoe like in his movements.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Meh.

The Minnesota combo is not better. Jackson is horrific^2.

JaMarcus Russell has shown nothing.

And Bulger is done. Way too slow. Almost Bledsoe like in his movements.
Honestly, Russell has shown me more as far as "potential" than Edwards has.

I agree with you about the Minnesota combo, but Jackson still has a lot of upside and there's a very good chance he'll be starting again next season.

Bulger is still a great, accurate QB, he is just a QB who has nothing to work with and is a guy who gets jacked up more than any QB you'll ever see.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Honestly, Russell has shown me more as far as "potential" than Edwards has.

I agree with you about the Minnesota combo, but Jackson still has a lot of upside and there's a very good chance he'll be starting again next season.

Bulger is still a great, accurate QB, he is just a QB who has nothing to work with and is a guy who gets jacked up more than any QB you'll ever see.

I agree Bulger is great and accurate, but he has lead in his feet. Abd on a team with a bad line, that makes him look doubly bad. (as a note the should dump him - by the time they are good he will be over the hill)

And Jackson has physical upside, but from what I have seen he has fewer football smarts than JP.

zone
12-04-2008, 02:17 PM

Hasselbeck has 1 win this year against St Louis.

Fitzpatrick has 1 win against the Jags and Palmer has 0 wins.

Schaub has 3 wins against Miami, Detroit, and Cincinnati and S. Rosenfels beat Cleavland and Jacksonville.

Russel has 3 wins versus Oakland, Jets, and Denver.

Bulger has 2 wins against the Redskins and Cowboys.

Hill has 2 wins against the Rams and us.

Anderson has 3 wins against Cincinnati, Giants, and Jacksonville.

Garrard has 4 wins against Indy (when they sucked), Houston, Detroit, and Denver.

Thigpen has 1 win against the Raiders.

And fat boy has yet to win in Detroit.

So with the exception of Bulger beating the Cowboys and Skins, I would say the rest of those QB's wins came against less than stealer teams with the exception of the Giants and possible the Jets.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I agree Bulger is great and accurate, but he has lead in his feet. Abd on a team with a bad line, that makes him look doubly bad. (as a note the should dump him - by the time they are good he will be over the hill)

And Jackson has physical upside, but from what I have seen he has fewer football smarts than JP.
Yeah, I think DB and I are the only two on the board that still have faith in Jackson. It's funny that you compare him to Losman because that's exactly what I think of when I think Jackson; a guy with more talent than just about every QB in the NFL from a physical standpoint, but a guy who can't seem to figure the game out mentally. He and Losman are going to get another chance though, there's just too much god given physical talent there not to.

The problem Edwards has is that he doesn't have a lot of that same god given natural talent that the other two do so his rope to hang himself with is going to be a bit shorter over the course of his career. I could easily see him going the way of Kelly Holcomb at this point. Either way he gets one more year to show what he's made of, I hope, for the sake of the franchise, he figures out how to get the ball in the end zone or it may be curtains for the Bills.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Put Edwards brain in JP's body and you have a top 5 QB.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Hasselbeck has 1 win this year against St Louis.

Fitzpatrick has 1 win against the Jags and Palmer has 0 wins.

Schaub has 3 wins against Miami, Detroit, and Cincinnati and S. Rosenfels beat Cleavland and Jacksonville.

Russel has 3 wins versus Oakland, Jets, and Denver.

Bulger has 2 wins against the Redskins and Cowboys.

Hill has 2 wins against the Rams and us.

Anderson has 3 wins against Cincinnati, Giants, and Jacksonville.

Garrard has 4 wins against Indy (when they sucked), Houston, Detroit, and Denver.

Thigpen has 1 win against the Raiders.

And fat boy has yet to win in Detroit.

So with the exception of Bulger beating the Cowboys and Skins, I would say the rest of those QB's wins came against less than stealer teams with the exception of the Giants and possible the Jets.
I get where you're coming from, but I still see more upside with most of the above mentioned QB's than I do with Edwards. Fitzpatrick and Anderson are bums though, they are easily below Edwards.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh man, that would be freaking beautiful. You would have Steve Young or John Elway if you could do that :ill:

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh man, that would be freaking beautiful. You would have Steve Young or John Elway if you could do that :ill:

And Lee Evans would be the best WR in the NFL.

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 02:33 PM
And Lee Evans would be the best WR in the NFL.
:P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/gr8slayer/Terrell-Owens-Photograph-C12396267.jpg

Typ0
12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
I think saying TE gets another year to prove himself is, to me, way too simplified for the way the situation should be. Yes, he needs to go off and grow and come back to camp and prove that he's improved. But he also, at that time, should be competing against a proven veteran QB for the job. I'd like to say it's easy to get those guys in here but I don't think it is...and I'm certain without it DJ and company will be done next year and we'll be starting over again.

In short, a proven veteran is a requirement for this team to get to the next level IMO. That also means TE might be sat and he might emerge the next year or the one following that. I would't be too quick to rule that out. And I'd like to be able to hold DJ accountable if that veteran is not brought in here but the reason for that all too easily could be coming right from the top. If someone told me that accepting a coaching job here was career suicide I would not be surprised at all.

SquishDaFish
12-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I watch Every SINGLE game! Never will not watch a game because of whos playing. Now that is gay. Grow up

HHURRICANE
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM

You'd have a really articulate epilectic gazelle.

TigerJ
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I have play practicein the early afternoon, and will probably miss the first quarter, and probably part of the second quarter. When I get home, I'll see how the game is going. If the team is really sucking, I probably won't sit down and watch it steady. I may get on the computer and listen. If the team is playing well, I'll watch steadily. It doesn't matter who is playing QB. I'm less optimistic that the team will play well with JP Losman at QB, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

NJFINSFAN1
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
How could you not watch a game of your favorite team? heck I had a ton of reasons not to watch the Fins last year, but I didn't miss one minute of a game.

I just don't get it.

SquishDaFish
12-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Im with you NJFINSFAN. You only get 16 games a year barring playoffs and I dont and will never miss one

Wally The Barber
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't miss it.

I can't trust the Losman fans to give me a fair evaluation on Monday!

You know, no interceptions will be his fault,Turk is a JERK,The OL sucks, sun was in his eyes, Royal dropped easy passes,etc.

I want to see it for myself, so I can weed thru the BS

I hope he plays well and we win.

Wear Sunglasses J.P.

Chimpanze
12-04-2008, 08:57 PM
The problem Edwards has is that he doesn't have a lot of that same god given natural talent that the other two do so his rope to hang himself with is going to be a bit shorter over the course of his career. I could easily see him going the way of Kelly Holcomb at this point. Either way he gets one more year to show what he's made of, I hope, for the sake of the franchise, he figures out how to get the ball in the end zone or it may be curtains for the Bills.

GOD GIVEN TALENT! LOL! A KELLY HOLCOMB career will be better than any career JP LOSMAN will have!

I must be the biggest idiot on here cuz I just dont get what Losman has done in Buffalo to deserve so much praise from Posters.

This SO reminds of the Rob Johnson crap that went on for years. Johnson went somewhere else and proved nothing. Losman will do the same.

IMO his rope is WAY shorter than Edwards!

Cheers all,

Chimp

gr8slayer
12-04-2008, 11:25 PM
GOD GIVEN TALENT! LOL! A KELLY HOLCOMB career will be better than any career JP LOSMAN will have!

I must be the biggest idiot on here cuz I just dont get what Losman has done in Buffalo to deserve so much praise from Posters.

This SO reminds of the Rob Johnson crap that went on for years. Johnson went somewhere else and proved nothing. Losman will do the same.

IMO his rope is WAY shorter than Edwards!

Cheers all,

Chimp
With Buffalo, there's no doubt Losman's rope is shorter. But another team out there will give Losman a chance because of his physical talent.

Antoni
12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Fact: The Bills have a better shot with JP against your particular opponent this week. JP can get it to Evans, guess what we're bad at defending against? I'd feel much safer in this game as Dolphins fan with TE starting rather than JP.

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Fact: The Bills have a better shot with JP against your particular opponent this week. JP can get it to Evans, guess what we're bad at defending against? I'd feel much safer in this game as Dolphins fan with TE starting rather than JP.
Most teams probably feel the same way, nobody is afraid of captain check down, but everyone fears the deep ball. It should be an interesting game either way....

Mr. Pink
12-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Most teams probably feel the same way, nobody is afraid of captain check down, but everyone fears the deep ball. It should be an interesting game either way....

Teams are more afraid of a guy who can move the chains and produce drives over a guy who can chuck one up and get lucky. You're gonna tell me teams didn't fear Tarkenton or Montana or Pennington for that matter? When did any of those three chuck it up? Next to never.

Before last year Tom Brady didn't chuck it up either...are you telling me he wasn't feared a few seasons back? Of course he's more feared now because he can do everything, but he wasn't any less of a player 2 years ago.

And about the Anderson being garbage and Trent's better thing...when Trent can put up a pro-bowl caliber season, then you can say Trent is better. Trent will never do this but, hey. It's good to dream.

Honestly neither QB we have right now should be here next year. One guy can't get it done at all because he's mentally deficient at the position and the other guy cracks at any sign of adversity.

I believe Lechter said put Trent's brain in JPs body and you'd have a top 5 QB...I think that's completely wrong...you'd still have a guy that wasn't good enough to play in this league if you did that. Because you'd have a guy that cracks at adversity regardless.

If Edwards is indeed here next year as starter, with the schedule the Bills will have, they'll be lucky to win 6 games. Edwards has shown nothing that he can perform at even a game manager level against good NFL competition. Just like he couldn't perform against good NCAA competition for the most part.

acehole
12-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Montana had an arm sparky.

Trent cant play in the cold its over.

Teams are more afraid of a guy who can move the chains and produce drives over a guy who can chuck one up and get lucky. You're gonna tell me teams didn't fear Tarkenton or Montana or Pennington for that matter? When did any of those three chuck it up? Next to never.

Before last year Tom Brady didn't chuck it up either...are you telling me he wasn't feared a few seasons back? Of course he's more feared now because he can do everything, but he wasn't any less of a player 2 years ago.

And about the Anderson being garbage and Trent's better thing...when Trent can put up a pro-bowl caliber season, then you can say Trent is better. Trent will never do this but, hey. It's good to dream.

Honestly neither QB we have right now should be here next year. One guy can't get it done at all because he's mentally deficient at the position and the other guy cracks at any sign of adversity.

I believe Lechter said put Trent's brain in JPs body and you'd have a top 5 QB...I think that's completely wrong...you'd still have a guy that wasn't good enough to play in this league if you did that. Because you'd have a guy that cracks at adversity regardless.

If Edwards is indeed here next year as starter, with the schedule the Bills will have, they'll be lucky to win 6 games. Edwards has shown nothing that he can perform at even a game manager level against good NFL competition. Just like he couldn't perform against good NCAA competition for the most part.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2008, 05:11 PM
How's it going?

Chimpanze
12-07-2008, 05:14 PM
LOL!!!

Miracle comeback or not,,, JP SHOWED HIS COLOURS ONCE AGAIN! And they are brown and green like my sh.t!