PDA

View Full Version : OpIv37's post-game review

OpIv37
12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Now up on the front page:

After giving up a seven minute opening drive, the Bills managed to even out the TOP while Lynch ran for 134 yards on 16 carries, the offense only turned the ball over once to a team with 27 takeaways on the season, and the D held their O to 10 points.

So, how the hell did Buffalo lose this game?

I'm not even sure to answer that question. Missed passes, no red zone threat, missed field goals, bad play calls at crucial moments..... I guess that's the answer.

I used to get angry when the Bills blew games that they should win, but now I just sit there with a look that can only be described as "insincere disbelief"- disbelief because I'm in shock that the Bills are blowing it, yet insincere because deep down inside I know the Bills have an almost infinite capacity for blowing not just games but entire seasons.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/12/03/opiv37s_post_game_review.php

For the record, I wrote it on Sunday night (just so no one accuses me of plagiarism or :deadhorse:)

zone
12-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Nice writeup, I agree with you 100% especially on the points of Stroud and Fletcher. Stroud is doing what this whole team should be right now, playing with a purpose; to get into the post season! It must be hard to motivate a group of players who have never tasted that apple though.

We should have never let Fletcher walk, if he was still here with Stroud it would be a totally diffrent D with the added bonus that Poz could move outside.

Dujek
12-04-2008, 04:45 AM
So, how the hell did Buffalo lose this game?

8 plays inside the 10 yard line.

No. of runs by Marshawn Lynch on those plays: 0

Question answered.

We can blame the two QBs and Lindell all we want, but there were two long drives that ended up with no points, and you have to believe that if they'd simply given Lynch the ball on every one of those plays inside the 10 yard line he'd have punched the ball in at least once.

MikeInRoch
12-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Did you hear what Dick said in the presser about that?

1) He didn't want to 'destroy' Lynch by giving him 33 touches in the game.

2) It's hard to score in the red zone because there's a lot of players in a small space.

3) They need to find someone who can make a play (oh, you mean like LYNCH??)

OpIv37
12-04-2008, 08:26 AM
1) He didn't want to 'destroy' Lynch by giving him 33 touches in the game.

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. If we gave him 33 touches EVERY game, Jauron may have a point. But usually he's below 20. One game with 33 touches isn't going to ruin him.

billogic99
12-04-2008, 09:58 AM
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. If we gave him 33 touches EVERY game, Jauron may have a point. But usually he's below 20. One game with 33 touches isn't going to ruin him.

No, infact he may have over 200 yards and a couple of TD's, but what do we know, we're just the fans.

trapezeus
12-04-2008, 10:01 AM
i love the season of OP. Everyone rails against him for pointing out the weaknesses. Even in the early wins he still sees the things that could be problems. everyone yells at him...then inevitably the team chokes, and everyone agrees with his articles. Most don't give him credit for being ahead of the curve on the issue and then the season ends with all of us on the same page yelling for some changes.

billogic99
12-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I think Fletcher can still play and play well, but he does benefit from a solid defense around him, one of the better units in the league.