• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

I think I found a way out

Im struggling with being a Bills fan hard core. Ive responded to several posts made by others who want to jump ship. I thought about that briefly but realize theres no way I could do it.

But, why cant I love more than one team? I will always bleed red, white, and blue in more ways than one. But I can bleed more colors too.

My number one team will always be the Bills, and if any other team plays them, Im a Bills fan first. But, I have always been fond of the Steelers as well. My Dad was a Giants fan so I saw alot of them; im on the fence as to whethere I want to root for them or not.

So Im saying that Im also going to be a Steelers fan. With the Rooney situation almost resolved, with there proven record over the years, with having the best player in the league in Polamalu (IMO), thers lots of reasons to like them.

The big reason is that it gives me a chance to have a team to root for whom actually might make the playoffs each year.

IM not disowning the Bills, Im expanding my love so to speak.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: I think I found a way out

I understand your main reason and I do feel the same way, but to climb aboard another AFC team isn't cool in my book. If you want to root for an NFC team, that's a different story.

Lots of zoners already know that my # 1 is Buffalo..always has been my main team.
    The Giants are my # 2 team, and have been a second favorite almost as long as the Bills have been my first.
    (Bills 1969 - Giants 1970something)
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and it's not like I own a Giants jersey, unlike the couple of Bills jerseys among other Bills stuff that I have.

btw, I hate the Steelers!

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

One team and one team only: Just my opinion

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Do what you want, its not like it matters any. Im a fan of the NFL in general. If the Bills leave town Ill continue to watch games regardless.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

I don't know how people can honestly root for more than one team. I say it's all or nothing. If the Bills leave, I might watch the NFL but I would never pick up another team. I would just watch all the games and play fantasy.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Honestly I think the whole one team or nothing mindset doesnt make much sense. Why do you watch on Sunday? Because you enjoy the game and because your passionate about the team. I dont have the luxury of watching the Bills every Sunday like some do, but I always have it on the internet (NFL.com) and another game on th TV. The game of football is what I enjoy and the Bills are my favorite team to watch, because its where Im from, but I also enjoy watching a number of other teams play too. If the Bills left town it would suck yes but life goes on and there is still a ton of football to watch and enjoy.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• RockStar36
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Honestly I think the whole one team or nothing mindset doesnt make much sense. Why do you watch on Sunday? Because you enjoy the game and because your passionate about the team. I dont have the luxury of watching the Bills every Sunday like some do, but I always have it on the internet (NFL.com) and another game on th TV. The game of football is what I enjoy and the Bills are my favorite team to watch, because its where Im from, but I also enjoy watching a number of other teams play too. If the Bills left town it would suck yes but life goes on and there is still a ton of football to watch and enjoy.
              I definitely love the game and can watch other teams play but I can't invest myself emotionally into another team like I do for Buffalo.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  I definitely love the game and can watch other teams play but I can't invest myself emotionally into another team like I do for Buffalo.
                  I think you may be surprised to be honest. Once an emotional void is opened its hard to just close it off instead of fill it. It may take time, it may take a long time but eventually another team if you give it the chance could win you over. Then again maybe it couldn't.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

I don't have a favorite outside of the Bills (my Dad was also a Giants fan/my mom a Lions fan) but I do usually just root for the underdog, or some kind of feel-good story.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I can't either, that's why they are called number 1.
                      You don't invest emotionally in a second favorite. You don't even invest in materials for a second favorite. That's why they're second. I've never been to a Giants game, I have a blanket that was given to me, and a bar glass that I picked up at a yard sale. That's it! I have tons of Bills stuff, go to their games, wear their logos, etc.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                        Im struggling with being a Bills fan hard core. Ive responded to several posts made by others who want to jump ship. I thought about that briefly but realize theres no way I could do it.

But, why cant I love more than one team? I will always bleed red, white, and blue in more ways than one. But I can bleed more colors too.

My number one team will always be the Bills, and if any other team plays them, Im a Bills fan first. But, I have always been fond of the Steelers as well. My Dad was a Giants fan so I saw alot of them; im on the fence as to whethere I want to root for them or not.

So Im saying that Im also going to be a Steelers fan. With the Rooney situation almost resolved, with there proven record over the years, with having the best player in the league in Polamalu (IMO), thers lots of reasons to like them.

The big reason is that it gives me a chance to have a team to root for whom actually might make the playoffs each year.

HOOOOOOOOOOMOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          • Sep 2004

I think you may be surprised to be honest. Once an emotional void is opened its hard to just close it off instead of fill it. It may take time, it may take a long time but eventually another team if you give it the chance could win you over. Then again maybe it couldn't.
                          I've always said that if the Bills left, although I would watch NFL, NCAA would take it's spot. I would shift those emotions into the Canes. It will be an easy transition.

D & S Sports

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

Sounds like you just want to be apart of something positive instead of sucking it up and sticking with our very own loser team. I could never follow another team like I do Buffalo. I think even if they move, I will follow the team to wherever they go.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I've always said that if the Bills left, although I would watch NFL, NCAA would take it's spot. I would shift those emotions into the Canes. It will be an easy transition.
                              See I couldnt do that Im already emotionally invested enough in a crappy ass College team, Id just shift my emotions to the Falcons and the rest of the NFL.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X